X-Men: Days of Future Past.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The general public that will decision if this movie is a success or not give no fucks about whether the character looks right or recognizable. Oooooo cool fire dude! will rule the day.
believe it or not, you can't recoup a $250 M budget by targeting a marginal demographic that is mostly incapable of leaving their basement.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I think if a 30+ (?) Year old comic character isn't pretty quickly recognizable, you are probably doing something wrong.
ah yes, the infamous Sunspot. remember that time he.............. nope.

god forbid they give him a look that is actually in sync with what he does rather than cram in some retarded explanation as to why there's an amorphous black thing walking around.

khalid

Unelected Mod
believe it or not, you can't recoup a $250 M budget by targeting a marginal demographic that is mostly incapable of leaving their basement.
Yep,Comic Book Sales Figures for February 2014

The most popular comic, Batman, sold 100k in Feb. Now as people pointed out in the other thread on this, those numbers are inflated pretty heavily by stores buying out normal copies to get the special rares or whatever.

On the other hand, Avengers made $1b in sales. Comic book fans are a rounding error in the big picture of movies.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's an art form for fucks sake. Anyone that advocates for it's demise is a neanderthal
They don't even compete with each other...

You were a rounding error to the world..

Column_sl

shitlord
ah yes, the infamous Sunspot. remember that time he.............. nope.

god forbid they give him a look that is actually in sync with what he does rather than cram in some retarded explanation as to why there's an amorphous black thing walking around.
Or god forbid they try to make it work instead of going the LOL, hey bob do we still have that Human Torch rig available to use??

khalid

Unelected Mod
It's an art form for fucks sake. Anyone that advocates for it's demise is a neanderthal
I wasn't advocating for the end of comic books you retard. I was pointing out how insignificant the comic book fan base is to the movies now.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Or god forbid they try to make it work instead of going the LOL, hey bob do we still have that Human Torch rig available to use??
it's the same reason they don't have Wolverine wearing yellow spandex: it's fucking stupid.

you can't translate these mostly retarded comic book heroes 1:1 to a live action movie. it just doesn't work.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Like how insignificant you are to this thread,an everyone in your life?
DVCRj.png

Column_sl

shitlord
it's the same reason they don't have Wolverine wearing yellow spandex: it's fucking stupid.

you can't translate these mostly retarded comic book heroes 1:1 to a live action movie. it just doesn't work.
You also don't go the easiest fucking route ,and make him look exactly like something the audience has already seen.

Besides Fassbender, this movie is shit from top to bottom.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit I thought it was sunfire.

rrr_img_63469.jpg

I mean they are both boring human torch knock offs so who really gives a fuck if it is the Mexican or the jap?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Besides Fassbender, this movie is shit from top to bottom.
how do you know this without yet seeing the movie? have you traveled back in time from a distant future on a mission to prevent all out war between functioning humans and gangly nerds?