X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tired to understand the speed force and the flash awhile back and it got to femtoseconds (one quadrillionth of a second) i gave up.

i know nothing of QS, but it does look pretty neat.
Flash gets ridiculous=P

7jhNl6g.jpg

9o0hyrb.jpg

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm no scientist, but wouldn't air be pretty much solid to a physical being traveling at even the speed of light?

Caliane

if anyone cares for an actual explanation.
Yes, speedforce is basically a handwave/rule of cool/spiral power/deus ex.

"Speedforce is an sentient extra-dimensional power that comes from beyond the Source wall"

The Source wall in DC universe is the barrier that separates the dimensions/universes. Now, It needs to be noted, its not the same as the Bleed.
The Bleed is the area between universes, in cannon. The Source wall however is the OTHER direction. It is not a coincidence it sounds like the FOURTH wall. Until very recently, the barrier was not breached by any character. (white lantern Kyle did a few weeks ago, which is kindof bullshit. someone doesn't understand the entire point of the Source...) Speedsters have "gone into the speedforce" before. Dieing as characters, and entering the collected memories and conscious of the readers and authors.

so the speedforce exists as an authors ability to break the rules, and laws in universe. Particularly as "go fast" juice. But, in many other ways as well. out running death, the universe, himself, violating conservation of energy, friction, breaking anti-life, avoid time dilation, gravity, lets him actually see at speeds faster then light, etc.

Speedforce exists expressly as a meta-fiction.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Cool, thanks. It's nice that they at least try to have an explanation for this kinda thing.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Do not want.

Did find it amusing that they think growing up in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida has any bearing on how well you can play a Cajun from New Orleans. Lulz.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How about people that think Tatum has extremely limited range, and should stick to movies where he plays a dumb boxer and shit? Casting him as any of the X-men is something you'd expect to see in a SNL parody skit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How about people that think Tatum has extremely limited range, and should stick to movies where he plays a dumb boxer and shit? Casting him as any of the X-men is something you'd expect to see in a SNL parody skit.
Yeah cause he's definitely gonna shit all over the deeply cerebral role of Gambit.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What does intellect have to do with it? Actors with average intelligence play geniuses all the time.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Grimm mad, Grimm smash! It's ok bro, you can tell us where Gambit touched you, you're among friends here.

No idea what they've made him into these days, but back in the day Gambit was cool, if a bit one-dimensional. My only issue with Tatum is that Gambit has always been a more agility-based character, not a beefcake, and that's what Tatum seems to be /shrug Kitsch wasn't horrible, but there was a lot of room for improvement over him, so guess we'll see how beefcake does.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's probably because Gambit was never a jacked up guy. He was always a lanky pretty-boy. Not a jock.
But I guess if he does a good job, it'll be similar to Nick Fury being Sam Jackson as opposed to Robert Redford. But then again, the Ultimate version of Nick Fury is pretty much Sam Jackson.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Actually, I take it back. Tatum as Gambit will be a perfect match to Paquin's shitty Rogue. It's brilliant.