X-Men: Days of Future Past.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The whole movie revolves around her and her stupid fucking relationship with Charles and Magneto.

Void

BAU BAU
<Gold Donor>
I'm with Keg on that one. I'm not much of a Jennifer Lawrence fan at all, and she does nothing to make me want to watch Mystique like Rebecca Romjin did. I really don't get the love for Lawrence. She's got some tits, sure, and she's definitely not ugly, but her acting never amazes me despite all the acclaim she gets. And she looks like she's constantly just about to cry. It bugged me that she got so much time in this movie.

I also don't get why she constantly turns into her blue self when people are just in the next room that might discover her. Maybe her blue fingers work like sticky pads when leafing through papers?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"The height advantage" comes to mind, but that would be insensitive to Sir Dinklage.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Agree on the Mystique criticism. Making her role this big because of the actress playing her was a mistake. This wasn't Days of Futures Past. This was the love triangle disguised with super heroes and villians. I just didn't care that much for it. 6.5/10.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Jennifer Lawrence as mystique is Jennifer Lawrence in blue painting instead of mystique played by Jennifer Lawrence... I really do miss the old x men version...she was great.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just now finished watching X-Men. I'm in the theater writing this waiting for the after credit scene. Holy shit, this was awesome! Talk about an incredible movie. So many feels!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That was the most calm response I could have given without calling you a faggot who saw the movie at midnight, faggot.
lol ya... i saw it with a babe though i might have enjoyed it more but i couldnt concentrate with her attempting an over the pants HJ

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Quicksilver makes this movie even more enjoyable. great inside jokes too.
He wasn't in the movie very long, but there was a scene where he's really showing off his powers while there's water around. I loved the scene and the music choice they had for that scene.

That was when I realized it was the dude from American Horror Story.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Movie was pretty awesome - id say its as good as First Class and definitely got me interested in the next movie in the series.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The movie was awesome. I had to explain to my wife the line of quicksilver "my mom knew a guy like that". His scene was so awesome that it made him a god among humans. Regarding the focus on Lawrence, it wasn't too bad since characters acted the way you will expect them too. Once magneto understood that she had to go for mutant kind to have a chance. Then he basically was going to chop her head off. That is classic magneto, never doubt the resolve to his cause. And Charles been an optimist until the end. Also I didn't understood the last magneto line. It sounded that all he regreted was the years fighting against Charles, not against mankind.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
reasons this movie sucked:

no bad ass fight scenes.
quicksilver is a corny ass flamer.
no explanation how professor x came back to life, or how magneto regained his powers
no bridge of events period from the end of X3 to the future.
too much focus on mystique... who gives a fuck about her
young charles is a wack ass nerd.
not enough wolverine.
retarded shots that are supposed to mimic 70s videography
predictable, cheesy.
reminded me that ellen page is still alive
no explanation about why a sentinel program that began in the 70s hadn't been mentioned in any of the movies to that point
why did future wolverine have his metal claws back after getting them cut off on his last movie?
shitty richard nixon knock off.
again for emphasis there were really no good fight scenes which is unforgivable in a fucking xmen movie.
This list would be a set of deal breakers for me so i'm confused how it is garnering so much praise?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
This list would be a set of deal breakers for me so i'm confused how it is garnering so much praise?
Because that post was only meant to draw attention. Here is a point by point rebuttal.Some spoilers below.

no bad ass fight scenes : there are several fight scenes in the movie including two all-out massive mutant vs sentinel battles, including lots of power usage, lots of explosions and shiny stuff, and a LOT of violent deaths.

quicksilver is a corny ass flamer : Quicksilver is for most people who've seen this movie responsible for the best scenes in the movie. He made his scenes far more enjoyable than the X2 opening with Nightcrawler, and that's saying something.

no explaination how professor x came back to life, or how magneto regained his powers : Professor X's body was destroyed in X3, his mind was transfered into a braindead comatose body post-credits in X3. There is indeed no explaination as to how he looks like Patrick Stewart again, but they decided to handwave that. It didn't overly bother me. As for Magneto, the cure in X3 was never permanent, both he and all the other mutants regained their powers. You even see him be able to move metal at the end of X3 pre-credits.

no bridge of events period from the end of X3 to the future : there is a voice over by Xavier who tells us what happened, but I do wish we'd seen a little more before the dystopian nuclear winter, like seeing Beast dragged from his house and beat by a mob like they said happened.

too much focus on mystique... who gives a fuck about her : Is Mystique overused? Yes. Is she my favorite mutant? No. Did it RUIN the movie? No. She has her useful scenes, just a few too many.

young charles is a wack ass nerd. : Young Xavier is meant to be a loser. That's the point of the movie. He grows out of it an hour into the movie.

not enough wolverine : Wolverine is in basically every scene of the movie except the last few minutes, and that is for a good reason. I guess maybe he meant the lack of adamantium, but that is a plot point.

retarded shots that are supposed to mimic 70s videography : I don't even.

predictable, cheesy : Predictable? It's a retelling of an existing and very famous comic book story, and everyone knows a Hollywood ending will happen. Didn't bother me at all because even though you know from the start that the bad future will not come to pass, they used that to go all-out on killing the entire fucking cast.

reminded me that ellen page is still alive : I don't mind her. And if you do hate her, you'll get to see her bleed and suffer so it's worth going I guess?

no explanation about why a sentinel program that began in the 70s hadn't been mentioned in any movies to that point : They do handwave that by saying that even though the program started in the 70's, it took nearly 40 years for the "future" Sentinels using the Mystique-DNA technology to be operationnal, and then shit hit the fan fast and hard.

why did future wolverine have his metal claws back after getting them cut off on his last movie? : In "The Wolverine", the whole Silver Samurai armor and weapons are made from adamantium. So even though his claws did get cut off, I'm sure there was a whole bunch to salvage from the remains of the villain. Also, with Magneto joining the X-Men once shit started happening, it only took a fingersnap to fix the claws.

shitty richard nixon knock off : Can't argue that one, it's a silly Richard Nixon. Was Nixon ever not silly anyway?

again for emphasis there were really no good fight scenes which is unforgivable in a fucking xmen movie : In my opinion, this movie has the best fight scenes in the entire X-Men franchise, including the spin-offs. Opinions again.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
because it's kegkilla. let that sink in.

movie was fuckin great. One little thing I liked:

when blink shot colossus through a portal, let him drop, then shot him through another portal at a sentinal, all I could think was, "Now you're thinking with portals!"

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Blink's fighting scenes and her synergy with warpath was very well done. Also one more thing I was actually happy when they showed Scott even if played by that shitty actor.