X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This movie was fucking awesome.
That it was. I was a bit thrown off at the future scenes, but once I got over that, it was one of my favorite superhero movies. Maybe better than Avengers and the new Batman series.

Quicksilver was awesome, I wish there was more of him in this movie.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
So, the events of the movie take place over the course of several days. How long is Kitty Pryde controlling Wolverine's mind and has this power been addressed in any comics?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really liked it, I was totally happy with pretty much all of it. The future fight scenes were actually pretty well done, for containing a few characters that I never gave a shit about, and the ones I did care about being fairly lackluster (Colossus). Ending was actually perfect, given that we all know they want to make more movies.

Also, more proof that Magneto is just ridiculously badass. Not to mention, his handling of Wolverine wasn't quite what was discussed a few posts ago, but close enough.
I noticed that as well. She was right above fucking Ellen Page in the credits, who had a much bigger role comparatively speaking.
Has Colossus even spoke in these movies?

And yes, when we got done, I said to my wife that they finally showed Magneto as the badass he is.

Juvarisx

Florida
The Quicksilver in this film set the bar really damn high for the one to be seen in Avengers 2. I was amongst those who hated the look in early screen's posted here but damn if he might not been the highlight of the movie for me.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, the events of the movie take place over the course of several days. How long is Kitty Pryde controlling Wolverine's mind and has this power been addressed in any comics?
The only "new" manifestation of her powers is her ability to fry electronics when she phases through them. In the future, there were new manifestations of their powers. Sunspot can't fly in the present, for one.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My favorite thing about this movie is that they didn't bother trying to explain backstory and the connections/references to the previous films.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Quicksilver in this film set the bar really damn high for the one to be seen in Avengers 2. I was amongst those who hated the look in early screen's posted here but damn if he might not been the highlight of the movie for me.
His scenes in the movie were way more interesting than he ever was in the comics. In the comics, he's arrogant and aloof, being that he's Magneto's son and all.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think its hilarious they retconned away all of the xmen movies aside from first class.

Good movie tho, best xmen yet and almost up there with avengers.

letting magneto just fly away at the end kind of pissed me off. yeah in the very end in the alternate future when facing utter annihilation he joins the good team but until then he was a fucking horrible person trying to commit genocide over and over. Why the fuck would you let him go when you know hes going to cause insane amounts of death and destruction?

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I think what they might be playing for is Eric knew Raven was hell bent on killing Trask for killing her fellow mutants. Then she comes out posing as the President to sacrifice herself for the humans, and it gives him a small pause that may affect him deeply later. Then when Raven does not kill him for trying to kill her it makes him reflect more on his war on humans. So in the end he may not go down the dark road with out Raven at his side. Charles may have seen that in his mind for the brief time before he let him go. And with Apocalypse as the next big bad, the X-Men will probably need Eric to win. So while he is still anti-human he may not be nearly as dark and deadly from this point forward.

That is all just a guess and we will see how it plays out.

Void

BAU BAU
<Gold Donor>
Agree x 2

I thought blink was going to be stupid but her action and fight scenes was by far the coolest in any Xmen movie. I don't know why they picked warpath for this movie, he was a new mutant right? I always thought he was a very minor character, perhaps I am wrong. Did they change his powers in this one? I thought he was just a typical strong guy. Same question with Kitty, not sure how she sends folks back in time, IIRC it was Rachel Summers in the comic. None of this silliness made the movie any less enjoyable, but hey nerds gonna nerd on a nerd forum.
I'm not really sure why they picked Warpath either, but he makes sense as someone to keep around in the actual movie at least. If I remember correctly, he has the senses of different animals, like eyes of an eagle and shit. Which is why he was able to spot the incoming Sentinels so much earlier than everyone else.

I'd have still preferred pretty much anyone else over him though, like even Psylocke to have another scantily-clad hottie, or maybe even Cannonball for some comedic relief. But at least he did have some sort of purpose and was actually no more terrible than Colossus. Christ, he has been awful in these movies. I didn't even think he looked all that great, really. Seemed like there wasn't enough distinctiveness on the "bands", to where I hardly noticed they were there most of the time. Should be more like this:
rrr_img_67594.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sad that we wont see heroes die like that again for a long time. I was so glad when Halle died bc she ruined Catwoman!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I've been rereading all of Marvel's Ultimate universe (I'm amazed just how many I actually have in paper). I'm up to issue 176 from the proper read-order, and I haven't had to use the digital copies at all. Anyway, I loved this issue. They posted it a while ago, but it was such an awesome issue that I'm reposting it. It's that issue where a mutant has the ability to kill everything, so Wolverine takes care of him. It's really great in a shitty way.

Ultimate X-Men #41 - Imgur

Oh, if you care about the "list", here it is.
Marvels Ultimate Universe (Every issue, broken down by read order) torrent

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has Colossus even spoke in these movies?

And yes, when we got done, I said to my wife that they finally showed Magneto as the badass he is.
Literally the exact same thing I said whenever this movie was done. They finally gave Magneto his nuts back, there's a reason he's one of the most feared characters in the Universe.

Quicksilver looked a total and complete faggot and nothing like his comic self, but still I really enjoyed his parts in the movie, which is strange.
Whole movie was awesome, well worth the watch.

Just one question:
How the fuck does Kitty all of the sudden get the power to send people's conscious back in time?

So I've been rereading all of Marvel's Ultimate universe (I'm amazed just how many I actually have in paper). I'm up to issue 176 from the proper read-order, and I haven't had to use the digital copies at all. Anyway, I loved this issue. They posted it a while ago, but it was such an awesome issue that I'm reposting it. It's that issue where a mutant has the ability to kill everything, so Wolverine takes care of him. It's really great in a shitty way.

Ultimate X-Men #41 - Imgur

Oh, if you care about the "list", here it is.
Marvels Ultimate Universe (Every issue, broken down by read order) torrent
Please don't suggest people read Ultimate anything. You're not doing them any favors, the Ultimate story is literally the worst arch for almost every single hero.

Caliane

Literally the exact same thing I said whenever this movie was done. They finally gave Magneto his nuts back, there's a reason he's one of the most feared characters in the Universe.

Quicksilver looked a total and complete faggot and nothing like his comic self, but still I really enjoyed his parts in the movie, which is strange.
Whole movie was awesome, well worth the watch.

Just one question:
How the fuck does Kitty all of the sudden get the power to send people's conscious back in time?
something something. secondary mutation. something..
Why Kitty? who the fuck knows. Just wanted more "Ellen Page, she's so hot right now" likely.

Uh,if serious, and not familiar with secondary mutation concept. Morrison iirc gave a name, and in universe reason for power creep basically. why hank turned blue. Why Archangel got his metal wings back after having them ripped off, and all the shit with him.(his blood heals now.) Why Wolverine has healing AND claws, AND beast stuff. Why Frost is diamonds and telepathy. why gambit got his rape voice. Iceman going full ice elemental.
second mutations that seemingly have nothing to do with the prime one.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
something something. secondary mutation. something..
Why Kitty? who the fuck knows. Just wanted more "Ellen Page, she's so hot right now" likely.

Uh,if serious, and not familiar with secondary mutation concept. Morrison iirc gave a name, and in universe reason for power creep basically. why hank turned blue. Why Archangel got his metal wings back after having them ripped off, and all the shit with him.(his blood heals now.) Why Wolverine has healing AND claws, AND beast stuff. Why Frost is diamonds and telepathy. why gambit got his rape voice. Iceman going full ice elemental.
second mutations that seemingly have nothing to do with the prime one.
That would explain it, I've never really been too keen on Morrison's stuff.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Please don't suggest people read Ultimate anything. You're not doing them any favors, the Ultimate story is literally the worst arch for almost every single hero.
That's an opinion. I personally loved the Ultimate story line. But again, 2002 when it first started... I was 21 years old. It was a slightly more "badass" universe than the standard boyscouts and bubble gum Marvel Universe. That's why I enjoyed it. It seemed a lot realer to me.