X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's an opinion. I personally loved the Ultimate story line. But again, 2002 when it first started... I was 21 years old. It was a slightly more "badass" universe than the standard boyscouts and bubble gum Marvel Universe. That's why I enjoyed it. It seemed a lot realer to me.
I guess? Nothing about Marvel was "boyscouts and bubble gum" before the Ultimates, not really sure where you even got that idea.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Not to derail too much, but I really wish someone would do a movie as good as these have been about the best anti hero comics have ever seen...Venom. That would really make my day.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Maximum Carnage was basically my introduction to comic books, and yes he is a pretty cool psychotic bad guy, but Venom is much more of a bad ass in general. That being said though...a Maximum Carnage movie done right would blow any other comic book movie out of the water.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not to derail too much, but I really wish someone would do a movie as good as these have been about the best anti hero comics have ever seen... Deadpool. That would really make my day.
Mine too. With Ryan Reynolds.

j00t

Still working on it. Supposedly the current roadblock is r vs pg-13. Reynolds is still attached and there are some writers on board that are pushing hard for an R rating while the studio needs to be convinced that pg-13 isn't the way to go.

j00t

reynolds? might as well watch someone take a shit for a few hours
I know that you are definitely not the only person to have this opinion, I just don't get it. I mean, blade 3 sucked but Hannibal King was awesome. same with xmen origins: wolverine. The movie sucked and butchered deadpool but he was GREAT in it. he's done some pretty quality stuff. I mean i'm perfectly fine to just agree to disagree... I just don't understand the argument that he's the worst part of any film he's in.

OneofOne

Green Lantern sucked, but imagine it WITHOUT Reynolds. That's a whole new level of suckage. And I think Smokin' Aces was a good movie that actually showed him off in a dramatic role - and he held his own. I like him /shrug And his "standard" movie persona is damn near Deadpool to a T.

rad

Lord of Guk
Green Lantern sucked, but imagine it WITHOUT Reynolds. That's a whole new level of suckage. And I think Smokin' Aces was a good movie that actually showed him off in a dramatic role - and he held his own. I like him /shrug And his "standard" movie persona is damn near Deadpool to a T.
Agreed. Would of been fucking perfect and they completely shit the bed on that one.

Granted, they completely rewrote the timeline in DOFP, so...........

Troll_sl

shitlord
I love the idea of a Comic where Magneto is just up to Van Wilder type hi-jinks all day with Dean Logan. Mid presentation to a board and Magneto is outside the window making wolverine do a wanking motion.

Millions of Dollars right there.
So a one-man Weekend At Bernie's?

Troll_sl

shitlord
He was really pretty good in the Amityville Horror remake, as well. And that was a shitty-ass movie that should never have been made (I could say the same about the original, too, but at least it was "original"). He's a decent actor, he just doesn't get the right roles most of the time.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just got back from seeing it, and it was a damn good movie overall. Quicksilver, while only in a relatively small portion of the movie, seriously stole the show. And to top it all off,

the movie completely retconned the events of X-Men 3 out of existence

What more could one want out of an X-Men movie?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
Pretty good superhero movie but for some reason I recall liking X2 better even though I havent seen it in years, maybe i'm just holding on to that one too hard.

the time travel explanation and kitty pride powers were full of plot holes and nonsense, but I understand why they had to do that after that asshole Brett Ratner painted them into a total corner plot-wise for future sequels with X3. I think they pulled it off really well.

I didnt like the sentinels themselves, especially the future ones. I wanted to see the iconic sentinels that were in XMen animated series, comics and at least in danger room in X3 with the giant purple bucket type heads.

Minor gripes, really. I think the rest of the movie was quite good even though the continuing over reliance on Mystique as a major character and plot point gets exhausting after 5 movies. The fighting scenes were done really well, the 70s sets looked great, hopefully the 6th movie really knocks it out of the ballpark by taking on bigger villains like Apocaltypse and stops fucking around with all this humans vs. mutants stuff - that shit is getting tiresome too. Also, I wish the movie had more of Bolivar Trask, he was really great.

THe real question we should be asking is this. Is this the greatest movie ever made by a

child molester? or is Roman Polanski still ahead with The Pianist or Chinatown?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
I also dumped my girlfriend half hour after the movie, so this one was kinda bittersweet.