X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
How does Wolverine get his adamantium skeleton in this timeline? That was probably the most confusing thing about the movie. The origins movie is no longer canon (according to Singer) and Magneto mentions something about the metal but what does that entail?
The constant references to Stryker seem to imply that even though they pretty much retconned all of X3, that doesnt mean that the Weapon X program didnt happen all over again.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know if you guys are talking about Wolverine having his adamantium skeleton at the end of the movie despite a different timeline but if he doesn't and they already teased Apocalypse one way to go is go the route that the comics went when he regained it after the Magneto super wrecking - have Apocalypse make him his Horseman of Death and hook him up.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know if you guys are talking about Wolverine having his adamantium skeleton at the end of the movie despite a different timeline but if he doesn't and they already teased Apocalypse one way to go is go the route that the comics went when he regained it after the Magneto super wrecking - have Apocalypse make him his Horseman of Death and hook him up.
I think this is probably the most accurate...

Sabretooth could still go through Weapon X which would make: " As the Horseman of Death, Apocalypse had abducted Wolverine and pitted him against Sabretooth. The winner of the battle, Wolverine, became his Horseman of Death, and Apocalypse strips the adamantium from Sabretooth and bonds it to Wolverine's skeleton" plausible.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dont remember the Apocalypse story-line at all... Anyone have a link to a summary?

Is it this young apocalypse dude linked on the previous page?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Please don't suggest people read Ultimate anything. You're not doing them any favors, the Ultimate story is literally the worst arch for almost every single hero.
Er, where would you start, with comics from the 40s?

EDIT: Actualy, I guess I misunderstood how it all worked. I thought the Ultimates were just updated origins that later merged with the normal comics. I didn't realize they were still going as their own separate thing.

Getting into comics now looks about as intimidating as firing up Everquest as a fresh noob 20 years later.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did we see metal claws after he woke up in the end?

I think the Striker thing will continue to be the lore on how he gets it, because the character has been in so many movies at this point. The apoc method would be twisted though considering Angel is made Death first.

spronk

FPS noob
just came back from the theaters and no, wolverine doesn't pull out his claws at all at the end, so its ambiguous what exactly happened.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, I'm not a huge x-men guy and don't know one hero from another but I liked the whole movie, everyone was great. The small little cameos at the end were awesome - i think Frasier was Beast?

makes me wanna rewatch X1 and X2 and First Class, not sure about Wolverine Origins (definitely not Last Stand)

if Godzilla was a 6/10 I'd give this a 8.5 or 9/10

Juvarisx

Florida
just came back from the theaters and no, wolverine doesn't pull out his claws at all at the end, so its ambiguous what exactly happened.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, I'm not a huge x-men guy and don't know one hero from another but I liked the whole movie, everyone was great. The small little cameos at the end were awesome - i think Frasier was Beast?

makes me wanna rewatch X1 and X2 and First Class, not sure about Wolverine Origins (definitely not Last Stand)

if Godzilla was a 6/10 I'd give this a 8.5 or 9/10
Kelsey Grammer as Beast at the end yes

Nester

Vyemm Raider

I think the Striker thing will continue to be the lore on how he gets it, because the character has been in so many movies at this point. The apoc method would be twisted though considering Angel is made Death first.
I just assumed the voice over at the end was a sufficient enough Hollywood hand waving, Something about "through a rock in the river and it creates ripples but it does not change the direction of the water" Would make way more sense if they did not add mystique eyes to striker. Oh well he has 30 years to get clawed up, we did not know his origin for decades in the comics, why are you so worried about it now? =D

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not worried about. Why are you worried that I'm worried? =)

Honestly though, most people probably got into this once his origin was published. I still own the book where his medal was yoinked and for the times, that was crazy. Shortly followed up by Cyber breaking 3 off? oh man that was harsh.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember when the metal was pulled at first. No one knew if he was still going to have claws after that.

Then when he did have them (bone), they were all surprised. Then when he breaks the 3 on his one hand, we were also surprised to see they regenerated like his normal body.

Wolverine, you're full of surprises, aren't you?

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's interesting how Fox (fuck Sony) has been doing the reverse Marvel for their movies. There are a few 'that was neat', short battle scenes in their movie but they're more about emotion and character development. Marvel has very short emotional moments, but shit ton more awesome action scenes. I personally prefer the Marvel style.

Better than First Class, I'd give it a 8.5/10. Not better than Cap2 though.

Also the whole wolverine timeline is just fucked up. Major plothole. Stryker finds him DURING the Viet Nam war and then he joins his Kool Krew. This movie takes place at the end of the Viet Nam war and Stryker doesn't know who Wolverine is. So yeah, convoluted. As for when Wolverine gets his claws, it's safe to assume it's the early 1980's as he's been done with Stryker for several years at the point of Wolverine Origins where Stryker puts him in Weapon X. So no, he wouldn't have metal claws during this movie.

/nerd

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i can't believe you clowns are actually enjoying this shit pile of a movie. it was practically a fucking chick flick. where the fuck did this $200 million budget go? i'm guessing most of it was hush money to the families of the 13 year olds this bryan singer faggot is fucking, because it sure as hell didn't go into production. put this movie next to Captain America 2 and i would guess that CA2 had double the budget DoFP did, when in actuality it was $30M less.

the only decent action scenes you jabronis can point to is the sentinel shit that was happening in the future, which was very brief and completely meaningless in the context of the story, which was made immediately clear. maybe you bozos don't realize this, but this is supposed to be an action movie. there were no 1v1 duels, no bad ass giant battles, not shit. the ending sequence was a joke. the only good thing to come out of this was erasing xmen 3 from memory.

do you people really care so much about j. law's shitty mystique interpretation that you can enjoy this movie? do you actually care about whatever wack ass mutants got killed that was supposed to be some sort of emotional plot point? because if so you're a fag.