Zoolander 2 (2016)

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't see how they can top the gasoline fight.

I really don't. That only works if you're not expecting it. It's the only reason that scene was so funny. And it was uncontestably hilarious.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't see how they can top the gasoline fight.

I really don't. That only works if you're not expecting it. It's the only reason that scene was so funny. And it was uncontestably hilarious.
The first movie was a classic. From the gasoline fight, to the fact that most of the lines in the movie are extremely quotable: "But why male models?"

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The first movie was a classic. From the gasoline fight, to the fact that most of the lines in the movie are extremely quotable: "But why male models?"
That part "but why male models?" was a mistake by ben stiller. He forgot his lines but david Duchovny just went along and responded "are you serious?i just told you that, a moment ago."

joz123

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_115678.jpg

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
shit edited

Guy from Ash vs Evil dead reminds me of a mexican Stiller
ray-santiago.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Well I expect the entire movie to be a 90 minute dumb blonde joke. The reason he can get away with it is because he's telling blonde jokes about a short jewish man. It will be as good as the premise allows. And he is Ben Stiller, you'll probably have a fair number of celebrity cameos. If you like watching the rich and famouse take the piss out of themselves it'll probably be a good time.

It'll be light, dumb, and forgettable. But probably also entertaining enough. The danger is in letting it go Anchorman 2. I doubt Stiller allows it to get that narcissistic, even though its a story about a retarded narcissist.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it all comes down to what any long overdue sequel comes to. is it being made because the makers had a great idea for a sequel or is it being made because the original made a lot of money back then and this looks like some low hanging fruit that can be exploited and the quality of the product comes second?

also need to factor in how often a 20+ year delayed sequel was great compared to how often they sucked. only two i can think of is Fury Road and Rambo5 and Rambo5 was better than the entire franchise and is probably an anomaly.