Alien: Covenant (2017)

Ridas

Pay to play forum
For me Gladiator is the pinnacle of a Hollywood Blockbuster or at least what it should be. It is crazy entertaining and you just stuff your mouth with popcorn and enjoy it and are not insulted by its stupidity like Transformers.

It doesnt compare though to Blade Runner and Aliens, which are just vastly different films.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the thing about Ridley Scott is he doesn't have a good eye for a script as opposed to someone like David Fincher or Danny Boyle. He was praising how great the Prometheus script was before the movie was released when in reality most of the dialog was just plain silly, the plot made no sense, all while relying on standard sci-fi movie cliches. I mean did anyone believe for one second anyone on that ship was a scientist? It was a lot of pop-science drivel.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Scott is good for visuals and creating atmosphere. Script issues aside, Prometheus had both atmosphere and visuals in spades. The Martian proves he still can deliver with a good script.

And Aliens biggest shit on IP in movies? Its not even in the top five.

1) Star Wars- Already mentioned.
2) Batman (Burton era)- Batman and Robin killed the entire comic book movie industry for over a decade.
3) Godfather- Seriously, my hats off to anyone who can even sit through the third movie, especially the parts with the director's daughter stinking up the screen.
4) Spiderman- We went from Doc Ock awesomeness to emo Parker and the Spiderman IP has never recovered. Maybe Marvel turns this one around.
5) Die Hard- 1 & 3 are incredible genre defining movies, but everything after 3 has been phoned in liquid shit.

Movie may or may not suck, but it will be worth seeing for the visuals, at the bare minimum.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Terminator is 3rd in my book. 1984, 1991 and then (without james cameron)......2003, 2009 and 2015.
And the studio's execs were thinking a triology of genysis lol thank god that bombed big time

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scott is good for visuals and creating atmosphere. Script issues aside, Prometheus had both atmosphere and visuals in spades. The Martian proves he still can deliver with a good script.

And Aliens biggest shit on IP in movies? Its not even in the top five.

1) Star Wars- Already mentioned.
2) Batman (Burton era)- Batman and Robin killed the entire comic book movie industry for over a decade.
3) Godfather- Seriously, my hats off to anyone who can even sit through the third movie, especially the parts with the director's daughter stinking up the screen.
4) Spiderman- We went from Doc Ock awesomeness to emo Parker and the Spiderman IP has never recovered. Maybe Marvel turns this one around.
5) Die Hard- 1 & 3 are incredible genre defining movies, but everything after 3 has been phoned in liquid shit.

Movie may or may not suck, but it will be worth seeing for the visuals, at the bare minimum.
I feel like such an oddball, I liked Die Hard 2. Didn't even mind 4 that much. 5 was absolute shit though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Terminator is 3rd in my book. 1984, 1991 and then (without james cameron)......2003, 2009 and 2015.And the studio's execs were thinking a triology of genysis lol thank god that bombed big time
Did you even see Genysis? I recall you lambasting it then admitting to never actually watching it.

Btw the Sequel to Genysis was confirmed on Friday in Variety. Lets hope it is "Historically Accurate" so OHKCRLHO will watch it this time before deciding he hates it.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did you even see Genysis? I recall you lambasting it then admitting to never actually watching it.

Btw the Sequel to Genysis was confirmed on Friday in Variety. Lets hope it is "Historically Accurate" so OHKCRLHO will watch it this time before deciding he hates it.
No need to. I watched the everything wrong with video and that was enough for me. Not to mention pg13, jai courtney and the whole "john connor is bad" nonsense.
Oh and did i hurt your feelings about gladiator uh?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
No need to. I watched the everything wrong with video and that was enough for me. Not to mention pg13, jai courtney and the whole "john connor is bad" nonsense.
Oh and did i hurt your feelings about gladiator uh?
You didn't like Gladiator?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
On the topic of Scott, have any of you guys watched the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven? I had always heard that was one movie that went from total shit to actually really good going from the theatrical to the director release. I never really thought that big of a shift was possible, because I really didn't enjoy the first version I saw. Truly though, the full version is a really decent movie.

Sterling

El Presidente
On the topic of Scott, have any of you guys watched the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven? I had always heard that was one movie that went from total shit to actually really good going from the theatrical to the director release. I never really thought that big of a shift was possible, because I really didn't enjoy the first version I saw. Truly though, the full version is a really decent movie.
That movie is indeed one that the Director's Cut dramatically improves.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
That fucking movie blew chunks. They killed off all of the good characters before they even get there! In the director's cut does Liam Neeson and the rest of the interesting crusaders actually live longer than ten minutes into the movie?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
That fucking movie blew chunks. They killed off all of the good characters before they even get there! In the director's cut does Liam Neeson and the rest of the interesting crusaders actually live longer than ten minutes into the movie?
It's probably about 45 minutes of setup before you get to that point in the director's cut.