Alien: Covenant (2017)

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The first AvP game for PC was the best because it has random enemy placement in single player. So as the Marine you are just terrified because your motion tracker would blip out of nowhere, get closer to you, then disappear. Then nothing. You'd look around frantically for minutes looking for the alien but you couldn't find it. Then it would blip some more going away from you, so you'd chase it only to run around a corner straight into an alien headshotting you. So you'd start over from your quick save 15 minutes earlier and the alien wouldn't even be there. But you don't know that, you just walk around all anxious and jittery and never find him. It was awesome.
Jesus! That makes me want to play that right now!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just go to 42:20 to see the best part.
Can you imagine being the actress doing that scene?
Director: "Okay, in this scene you're going to get naked and pretend like you're being raped by a space worm. Don't be ridiculous! Of course this won't ruin your career!"

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Can you imagine being the actress doing that scene?
Director: "Okay, in this scene you're going to get naked and pretend like you're being raped by a space worm. Don't be ridiculous! Of course this won't ruin your career!"
There's a bit on this in Wikipedia. The actress ended up doing quite well in B-list (or maybe C-list) circles from the publicity.

"The initial writing of the scene had the maggot only stripping and consuming a topless Dameia, but producer Roger Corman had promised financial backers of the movie a sex scene involving O?Connell, so he merged the two ideas together.

...After informing director Clark and actress O'Connell about the changes and having both of them balk at participating in the more sexually explicit scene, Corman decided to direct the entire scene himself. He hired a body double for O'Connell to shoot the full-nudity sex sequences, although O'Connell ended up in front of the camera for most of the final scene. After the film was completed and submitted for review, the sexual content of the scene was considered graphic enough by the Motion Picture Association of America film rating system (MPAA) to earn the film an initial 'X? rating, which still existed at the time and was generally given only to films with adult sexual fare."
Galaxy of Terror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol is that how rich old men get the jollies? Invest in films and have contractual agreements like that?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
More like "This script is shit and the only way anyone would ever pay to see it is if some hot broad is getting railed somewhere in there"

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
More like "This script is shit and the only way anyone would ever pay to see it is if some hot broad is getting railed somewhere in there"
That would honestly make like 99% of the shit that Hollywood releases at least somewhat tolerable. What the fuck ever happened to the gratuitous nudity of the 70's and 80's?
'

Rime

<Donor>
This is the worst fucking timeline.

I love all of the people saying that people do not have a right to be upset at Ridley for shelving any other Alien movies while he does a Prometheus sequel. Same shit people said about the 'Re-Masters' for Star Wars.

spronk

FPS noob
after chappie i really can't give much of a shit, neill probably would have made a really shitty alien movie whereas Ridley Scott has given me some hope after The Martian.

Also Neill has a face you want to punch

MV5BODY2MTQ0MjY4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcxNjE0OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
after chappie i really can't give much of a shit, neill probably would have made a really shitty alien movie whereas Ridley Scott has given me some hope after The Martian.

Also Neill has a face you want to punch

MV5BODY2MTQ0MjY4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcxNjE0OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
fuck them both

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
after prometheus i really can't give much of a shit, scott probably will make a really shitty alien movie whereas Neill Blomkamp has given me some hope after not making Prometheus.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
after prometheus i really can't give much of a shit, scott probably will make a really shitty alien movie whereas Neill Blomkamp has given me some hope after not making Prometheus.
"From the writer and director that DIDN'T bring you Prometheus..." could totally be an acceptable tagline for trailers.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is it really that hard to understand he was "trying" to say that Alien created a terrifying movie monster. Aliens created a universe with a past, present, and future. A narrative. Marines in space on "another bug hunt". A company willing to finance and sacrifice a colony of humans to "see what happens" in the pursuit of bio-weaponry. The Alien Queen anyone? God damn power loaders?Taking the aliens themselves from a monster in the dark to a race of creatures that have understandable goals and a "reason" to face fuck and murder the shit out of people. Alien is an amazing film. Alien 2 : Return of this thing that hides in space tunnels would have been shit. Aliens "made" the franchise. It took a monster movie and built a mythos that people are still curious about and invested in to this day. Aliens took a simple but amazingly well executed formula and turned into it something else entirely.

I can't think of any other sequel in "any" genre that did that. It's the perfect sequel. It took the concepts form the first movie and ran with them and created something entirely new and was equally as good, if not better in it's own way. T2 isn't even a comparison. T2 is an amazing movie but it's T1, buy one robot get one free. It's just an infinitely better version of the first movie.
Chronicles of Riddick.