Alien: Romulus (2024)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I’d probably rank it as Predator, Predators, and Predator 2 in terms of best films in that order (Predator being best)

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
If you just ignore all the cross over alien vs predator films, and ignore the shitty one with Olivia Gunn, I like all the predator films, including Prey.

But predator>predators>prey>predator 2. Nothing against Danny glover that film really wasn't bad.

It's a film series that doesn't need world building or backstory. Take the concept and apply it to. A different setting and it works. Special forces in the jungle, swat in the city, killers on another planet, 1700s injuns. Doesn't matter stop trying to make it fancy and just do a feudal japan one already

• 3Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I’d probably rank it as Predator, Predators, and Predator 2 in terms of best films in that order (Predator being best)
Predator 2 is a great movie. It really was taken from the original printer series of four issues of the comic. The comic was supposed to be about Dutch's brother who was a detective in New York, but they changed it and made Danny Glover essentially the same character. They also didn't have like a giant predator blast out battle at the end of the film, however they did have the stuff with the spaceship.

So far superior film than predators, but that's still a wonderful movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
If you just ignore all the cross over alien vs predator films, and ignore the shitty one with Olivia Gunn, I like all the predator films, including Prey.

But predator>predators>prey>predator 2. Nothing against Danny glover that film really wasn't bad.

It's a film series that doesn't need world building or backstory. Take the concept and apply it to. A different setting and it works. Special forces in the jungle, swat in the city, killers on another planet, 1700s injuns. Doesn't matter stop trying to make it fancy and just do a feudal japan one already
Go read the comics. You will enjoy them much more than any of the current films.

God damn it I got to dig out mine comic book boxes from the garage. Think they're behind my kayaks and fishing gear. The comic books though are great, and I think that's why the predators movie was so good because it was something at least taking from that same element that made all of the dark horse stuff so good.

Perhaps I'm wrong and I just am looking at it through a lens of being a kid, but they were so awesome and every month I used to wait for my new issue to come out and I loved it because it was typically just a four-part series. Four issues over 4 months, told a complete story that expanded upon the universe. I didn't necessarily know that was going to be the case in the long run, but within the comic book universe, it was outstanding.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I liked Predator 2 because it expanded the Predator lore and culture. I loved it as a kid because of all the cool gadgets

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Predators was good, not great I agree its great fun. WhatI really give it credit for was trying something new and building upon the world and IP. and not just rehashing the same shit, or going prequel.

I saw the idea of Prey and said FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD. But maybe I should check it out after seeing your posts.

What Alien hasnt had is something like Predators to expand - Prometheus tried to take a great film series and spin it off into something new with the Albino Xerxes

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Predators was good, not great I agree its great fun. WhatI really give it credit for was trying something new and building upon the world and IP. and not just rehashing the same shit, or going prequel.

I saw the idea of Prey and said FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD. But maybe I should check it out after seeing your posts.

What Alien hasnt had is something like Predators to expand - Prometheus tried to take a great film series and spin it off into something new with the Albino Xerxes
People jumped the gun and assumed Prey was some woke DEI shit but it's not at all. She was a native american so she acted like a native american, she was this small, lithe, agile hunter and she fought like a small lithe agile hunter. No Mary sue shit, she wasn't arm wrestling dudes and winning or any retarded shit. She was a woman put in an extraordinary scenario against an alien apex predator and fought like it.

I liked the Actress (she was Kerry in Legion, so has done a lot of combat/action stuff before) but the film would of worked just as well if the protagonist was a male native american, or one of the french fur trappers, or whatever.

The whole thing with the predator films is how they are these super high tech apex predators who adapt to their surroundings and the prey they are hunting, to make the hunt enjoyable. I mean yeah they still use their tech and shit they aren't making it an even fight, but they try and give their prey some wiggle room. Otherwise they could just sit in their invisible ships hovering at 500 feet and just snipe their targets with no recourse, but that would be boring and they wouldn't get credit for the kills.

it's also why I dislike the Olivia Munn predator and the world building part of Predators (where they introduced the bigger/better predators who hunt the original species), it was unnecessarily convoluted and missed the point of the films.

Thats why the films work regardless of the time or scenario, vs roided out special forces team in the jungle or cops/gang bangers in an urban setting. It's all a game to the predator, they are on safari. Predator 2 did the best world building by introducing the concept of their safari's and it taking 7 years (prolly travel time round trip to make it to earth and back) and that they had been going on Safari's to earth for at least 200 years. That opened up basically unlimited number of sequel/prequel concepts where its predator vs Insert_timeline_here like 1700 native americans or 1500s spaniard conquistadors or feudal japan or roman legionaires or fuck, anything, but instead they fucked around with a bunch of AvP shit and had to "reboot"

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Predators was never scary but the whole getting dropped off in the air on a planet with a team of strangers being hunted worked pretty well.
All the characters had life and pretty unique. Yup 530 bitch raping time. If anything I think they spent too much time staging Andrian Brody as the main guy and not enough being hunted down. I still watch THAT movies more randomly than any other Aliens or Pred movie though, it is just a clean background noise movie for me.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I liked Predator 2 because it expanded the Predator lore and culture. I loved it as a kid because of all the cool gadgets
Was probably the closest to the comic books. That is a very good job of the original four issues series from Dark horse, but Danny Glover replaced Dutch's brother, and everything happened in LA versus New York. It's a good film and I saw it in the theater, and got to go brag to my buddies whose parents didn't let them go see bad movies.

I remember the very final act where you see the alien skull, as a kid I was like oh my God, they're actually doing something like in the comic books!

It's a fantastic film, and if you don't think so, it's probably because your balls got cut off by The predator.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
People jumped the gun and assumed Prey was some woke DEI shit but it's not at all. She was a native american so she acted like a native american, she was this small, lithe, agile hunter and she fought like a small lithe agile hunter. No Mary sue shit, she wasn't arm wrestling dudes and winning or any retarded shit. She was a woman put in an extraordinary scenario against an alien apex predator and fought like it.

I liked the Actress (she was Kerry in Legion, so has done a lot of combat/action stuff before) but the film would of worked just as well if the protagonist was a male native american, or one of the french fur trappers, or whatever.

The whole thing with the predator films is how they are these super high tech apex predators who adapt to their surroundings and the prey they are hunting, to make the hunt enjoyable. I mean yeah they still use their tech and shit they aren't making it an even fight, but they try and give their prey some wiggle room. Otherwise they could just sit in their invisible ships hovering at 500 feet and just snipe their targets with no recourse, but that would be boring and they wouldn't get credit for the kills.

it's also why I dislike the Olivia Munn predator and the world building part of Predators (where they introduced the bigger/better predators who hunt the original species), it was unnecessarily convoluted and missed the point of the films.

Thats why the films work regardless of the time or scenario, vs roided out special forces team in the jungle or cops/gang bangers in an urban setting. It's all a game to the predator, they are on safari. Predator 2 did the best world building by introducing the concept of their safari's and it taking 7 years (prolly travel time round trip to make it to earth and back) and that they had been going on Safari's to earth for at least 200 years. That opened up basically unlimited number of sequel/prequel concepts where its predator vs Insert_timeline_here like 1700 native americans or 1500s spaniard conquistadors or feudal japan or roman legionaires or fuck, anything, but instead they fucked around with a bunch of AvP shit and had to "reboot"
You're a good dude, but no ...
Happy Look Of Love GIF by Northern Ireland

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Wait what the hell, I'm watching the goddamn red lettering media review, and apparently Ash has his head or something in the goddamn movie. That's not God damn possible because he got blown up. What a bunch of retarded shit. I'm confident that this movie is all just dumbass callbacks to whatever other film because Hollywood is bankrupt, and Ridley Scott wanted a big paycheck. Please correct me if I'm wrong but if that's the case then, what a bunch of bullshit, and I'm going to be as autistic as you Star Wars fans about this, even though I'm not., right Ossoi Ossoi

Let's rock!!!!

Aliens-Vasquez-lets-rock.gif

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider

No it was woke girlboss garbage. All her fight scenes were pathetic where this super hunter who was killing men in seconds couldn't do anything to a chubby little girl who could barely move. It was ridiculously stupid. Good premise, ruined by DEI stupidity. Also portrayed all the white men as irredeemable evil rapists and slavers.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
No it was woke girlboss garbage. All her fight scenes were pathetic where this super hunter who was killing men in seconds couldn't do anything to a chubby little girl who could barely move. It was ridiculously stupid. Good premise, ruined by DEI stupidity. Also portrayed all the white men as irredeemable evil rapists and slavers.
Can I read the comic!

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Wait what the hell, I'm watching the goddamn red lettering media review, and apparently Ash has his head or something in the goddamn movie. That's not God damn possible because he got blown up.

It's almost like the movies have shown us there can be multiple copies of the same android going around..

Bishop/Bishop II in Aliens/Alien 3, David/Walter in Prometheus/Covenant, and now Ash/Rook in Alien/Alien Romulus.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best scene in the entire franchise imo is in Predator 2 when the predator spares the pregnant cop after massacring everyone else. Had such an powerful "gotta let the game replenish itself" vibe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Wasn’t there one where an autistic could sense the pred? Or am i just making stuff up and blending movies

• 1Like

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's how you know OUR world is predator-safe, because there's too many faggots out there.

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Wasn’t there one where an autistic could sense the pred? Or am i just making stuff up and blending movies
I think that's from the movie predators or the predators or I don't know what it was called but Shane black made it and the kid with the power of autism was able to understand the predators language and their equipment or something stupid. I don't know I never watched that one and I never will. But I think autism wins the day.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I think that's from the movie predators or the predators or I don't know what it was called but Shane black made it and the kid with the power of autism was able to understand the predators language and their equipment or something stupid. I don't know I never watched that one and I never will. But I think autism wins the day.

It was actually even dumber than that. The kid is presented as an idiot savant as is most often the case in Hollywood Autism, but also suffering from common autistic issues such as loud noises incapacitating him and reducing him to a blubbering mess. One splinter faction of the Yautja/Predators in this movie's universe basically use the best DNA of their preys to enhance their own species over generations, and have somehow decided that this child's autistic DNA is a great way to boost their own species so they go after him.

"The Predator" is the worst movie in the entire franchise, including AvP and AvP Requiem.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users