Alien: Romulus (2024)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It was actually even dumber than that. The kid is presented as an idiot savant as is most often the case in Hollywood Autism, but also suffering from common autistic issues such as loud noises incapacitating him and reducing him to a blubbering mess. One splinter faction of the Yautja/Predators in this movie's universe basically use the best DNA of their preys to enhance their own species over generations, and have somehow decided that this child's autistic DNA is a great way to boost their own species so they go after him.

"The Predator" is the worst movie in the entire franchise, including AvP and AvP Requiem.
I saw AVP and AVP 2, and they were pretty bad, but I'm glad I dodged that turd bullet, otherwise I would have gotten some kind of disease.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
isn't that the one where they did a shot for shot remake of the mummy sequel with the stupid macguffin where the retarded kid got some of their tech attached to his arm and couldn't remove it but it was key to solving the mystery or unlocking the catacombs or something stupid?

Yeah that's the Olivia Munn one, we don't talk about that movie.

1723993470984.png

1723993497155.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yes, he also puts on a predator facemask/helmet and corresponding plasma caster, so at some point in one of the movie's few funny scenes, the kid is walking around wearing this setup for Halloween, some dumb punk throws a beer can at the kid, hits the helmet and immediately gets blown to smithereens by the plasma caster's automated response shot.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
isn't that the one where they did a shot for shot remake of the mummy sequel with the stupid macguffin where the retarded kid got some of their tech attached to his arm and couldn't remove it but it was key to solving the mystery or unlocking the catacombs or something stupid?

Yeah that's the Olivia Munn one, we don't talk about that movie.

View attachment 542171
View attachment 542172
Holy hell you're right! Except I probably enjoyed the Mummy 2 even with it being as cheesy as it is. It at least knew what it was, and played into all of the cheese Factor.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yes, he also puts on a predator facemask/helmet and corresponding plasma caster, so at some point in one of the movie's few funny scenes, the kid is walking around wearing this setup for Halloween, some dumb punk throws a beer can at the kid, hits the helmet and immediately gets blown to smithereens by the plasma caster's automated response shot.
I may have to watch that scene at least.

• 2Worf

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Oh my god did that kid call him Assburger. I might have to watch this movie except I'm pretty certain that the autistic kid doesn't get destroyed by The predator.

People that bully autistic people deserve to be obliterated with an alien space cannon.

I am not autistic.

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
People that bully autistic people deserve to be obliterated with an alien space cannon.

I am not autistic.
Retards and Autist unite! We can form a super team to go fight crime, government oppression, an illegal alien invasions! We could really be heroes.

What's your superhero origin story?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

That's hilarious but it seems really dark for the kind of movie it is.

I think it's pretty clear Shane Black must have an autistic kid and that entire movie was about making his kid feel like a superhero.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
No it was woke girlboss garbage. All her fight scenes were pathetic where this super hunter who was killing men in seconds couldn't do anything to a chubby little girl who could barely move. It was ridiculously stupid. Good premise, ruined by DEI stupidity. Also portrayed all the white men as irredeemable evil rapists and slavers.
came here to retort this non-sense but then I saw it was Bad Take Bald Brah so lol no point. But for anyone who hasn't seen it here is every scene of the predator in the film Prey, yeah kinda spoils it but completely obliterates bald brah's stupidity.

The predator fights a series of animals testing his skills up to and including a grizzly before moving on to hunting men both injun and french fur trappers and he suffers a series of injuries including almost being killed by her brother. It's only after the predator is seriously injured and has lost an arm where she even stands a chance against him but still can't match him in physical strength or even speed so she has to resort to outsmarting him at the end.

the whole film is them being hunted, good atmosphere, tension, pacing etc its good you should check it out.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 6 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

So is this just Force Awakens then? Make the same movie and cram it full of meta references to old movies to tickle people in the memberberries?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida

So is this just Force Awakens then? Make the same movie and cram it full of meta references to old movies to tickle people in the memberberries?

Yea but they were going too hard on it. They almost turned into CinemaSins his episode. The only egregious thing was CGIing a character from Alien that they should not have done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
came here to retort this non-sense but then I saw it was Bad Take Bald Brah so lol no point. But for anyone who hasn't seen it here is every scene of the predator in the film Prey, yeah kinda spoils it but completely obliterates bald brah's stupidity.

The predator fights a series of animals testing his skills up to and including a grizzly before moving on to hunting men both injun and french fur trappers and he suffers a series of injuries including almost being killed by her brother. It's only after the predator is seriously injured and has lost an arm where she even stands a chance against him but still can't match him in physical strength or even speed so she has to resort to outsmarting him at the end.

the whole film is them being hunted, good atmosphere, tension, pacing etc its good you should check it out.

You're a good dude, but....
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I gotta say the ending absolutely fooled me.

The entire time I thought the pregnant woman was gonna turn into a queen after injecting herself with the black goo. I never would have guessed I would be seeing new born 2.0, complete with the mom lactating royally jelly.

Overall this movie reminds me a lot of Elysium. Great setup and world but wasted in the end. Would be a pretty good movie if it didnt have the stupid zoomer cast and didnt have some human/engineer/xeno creature at the end. I did like the station colliding with the ring though, that was a pretty nice visual.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I gotta say the ending absolutely fooled me.

The entire time I thought the pregnant woman was gonna turn into a queen after injecting herself with the black goo. I never would have guessed I would be seeing new born 2.0, complete with the mom lactating royally jelly.

Overall this movie reminds me a lot of Elysium. Great setup and world but wasted in the end. Would be a pretty good movie if it didnt have the stupid zoomer cast and didnt have some human/engineer/xeno creature at the end. I did like the station colliding with the ring though, that was a pretty nice visual.
What on Earth? This sounds even more retarded then I can imagine.

Was royal jelly a real thing in the film? There was a poor shot series of aliens comics, don't remember the title but it was all about this the pharmaceutical company going to a planet that had two different alien hives that were fighting each other. They went with a whole bunch of mercenaries and had these auntie acid suits, were able to drop these movie horse field projectors around the spaceship. They were there too I guess get their royal jelly from the Queen alien from one of the hives. It was too hives on the planet fighting each other.

Was a pretty fun series, but it's one of the only times I ever saw the royal jelly thing being pushed. The pharmaceutical company that was funding the mission was using it to make some sort of speed based narcotic, I think it was called Xenozip.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What on Earth? This sounds even more retarded then I can imagine.
Yes.
Half way through they show WY reversed engineered the black goo and experimented with it. They used a rat to initially show it to have miraculous regenerating/enhancement properties when consumed. Then they make it a very clear point to show the reverse engineered black goo will still mutate you eventually turning you into some kind of xenohybrid.

Mother character is mortally wounded so to save her life she injects herself with the black goo. In the final scene which is literally a triple "homage" to Alien, Alien Resurrection and Prometheus the black goo mutates her fetus transforming it into a hybrid between a human/xeno/engineer. Anyways she gives birth to an egg inside a cyro pod in an obvious call back to the doctor pod scene in Prometheus. Rain takes the egg and runs away with it presumably to destroy it but it starts leaking acid so she drops it causing it to melt down into the cargo hold and out pops a little human/xeno/engineer baby(honest to god not making this up). Eventually Rain comes back to the Mother and as Rain is kneeling beside the Mother, the Mother sticks her hand into the shirt and pulls her hand out covered in jelly. While this is going on the hybrid appears behind them, Rain runs off to get a weapon while the hybrid comes right up to the Mother just like the New Born did to Ripley in Resurrection and kind of caresses her I dont know its weird. Whats makes it even weirder is the thing is seemingly fully developed 7-8 feet tall. Eventually it cuts back to the Mother being dead with the hybrid feeding on her. Then it goes into Rain fighting the Hybrid all alone in a space suit just like the end of Alien.
Its really every bit as weird and bizarre as the new born in resurrection.

I dont get how Alien movies go so off the rails. This would have been a really good movie if they removed the entire hybrid nonsense, casted actual adults then made the story about WY intrigue. Instead its just a meh movie that the best thing you can say is its certainly better Covenant and a little better than Prometheus.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yes.
Half way through they show WY reversed engineered the black goo and experimented with it. They used a rat to initially show it to have miraculous regenerating/enhancement properties when consumed. Then they make it a very clear point to show the reverse engineered black goo will still mutate you eventually turning you into some kind of xenohybrid.

Mother character is mortally wounded so to save her life she injects herself with the black goo. In the final scene which is literally a triple "homage" to Alien, Alien Resurrection and Prometheus the black goo mutates her fetus transforming it into a hybrid between a human/xeno/engineer. Anyways she gives birth to an egg inside a cyro pod in an obvious call back to the doctor pod scene in Prometheus. Rain takes the egg and runs away with it presumably to destroy it but it starts leaking acid so she drops it causing it to melt down into the cargo hold and out pops a little human/xeno/engineer baby(honest to god not making this up). Eventually Rain comes back to the Mother and as Rain is kneeling beside the Mother, the Mother sticks her hand into the shirt and pulls her hand out covered in jelly. While this is going on the hybrid appears behind them, Rain runs off to get a weapon while the hybrid comes right up to the Mother just like the New Born did to Ripley in Resurrection and kind of caresses her I dont know its weird. Whats makes it even weirder is the thing is seemingly fully developed 7-8 feet tall. Eventually it cuts back to the Mother being dead with the hybrid feeding on her. Then it goes into Rain fighting the Hybrid all alone in a space suit just like the end of Alien.
Its really every bit as weird and bizarre as the new born in resurrection.

I dont get how Alien movies go so off the rails. This would have been a really good movie if they removed the entire hybrid nonsense, casted actual adults then made the story about WY intrigue. Instead its just a meh movie that the best thing you can say is its certainly better Covenant and a little better than Prometheus.
1724077451677.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users