Alien: Romulus (2024)

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Saw it today. My thoughts:

• Intro lagged. I did not care about these people, their lives or problems.
  • The zero-g acid scene was fun. Nice job there.
  • Stupid people doing stupid things bummed me out
  • The affirmative action droid was not a good idea. just really badly executed and overall useless.
  • Too much music. Part of the magic of the first film was the lack of music
  • The call backs where sort of cheese
  • Overall premise was cool, but I really didn't care for the 'kids in space' thing or 'teens in space'. This is what it felt like anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Saw it today. My thoughts:

• Intro lagged. I did not care about these people, their lives or problems.
  • The zero-g acid scene was fun. Nice job there.
  • Stupid people doing stupid things bummed me out
  • The affirmative action droid was not a good idea. just really badly executed and overall useless.
  • Too much music. Part of the magic of the first film was the lack of music
  • The call backs where sort of cheese
  • Overall premise was cool, but I really didn't care for the 'kids in space' thing or 'teens in space'. This is what it felt like anyway.
Sounds about what I expected. I'll wait for streaming. Thanks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
After he butchered Napoleon I'll never give a dime to scott free again.
It's not Scott who directed it, but yeah, I don't think I've watched the last two or three movies he's made. Think the last one was Covenant, and we all know that was a stinker.

I know he was somewhat involved in the film, but not really sure how much. Just hate the fact that old fucker seems to have a death grip on the franchise now, and I still wish Blomkampff would have gotten a shot at making his movie with characters we actually give a shit about instead of a bunch of random retarded teenagers.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's not Scott who directed it, but yeah, I don't think I've watched the last two or three movies he's made. Think the last one was Covenant, and we all know that was a stinker.

I know he was somewhat involved in the film, but not really sure how much. Just hate the fact that old fucker seems to have a death grip on the franchise now, and I still wish Blomkampff would have gotten a shot at making his movie with characters we actually give a shit about instead of a bunch of random retarded teenagers.
Youre not hyped for Gladiator ?

• 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida
Is he making that one? Just assumed it was someone else behind the helm.

Yea he can't help himself. Last Duel was good but the dude has been struggling for awhile. He went on a lamentation spree awhile ago about BR2049, and showed he missed the point about why people like the first one again.

Anyways, this was fine. Liked a lot, its really streamlined though which I think is good in that its straight Alien film. No muss, no fuss, no Prometheus bullshit. Some creative ideas, they made facehuggers scary as shit which Cameron was trying to do in Aliens. Felt a lot like Isolation in a lot of ways. Returns to 80's tech was nice. They need to not CGI characters when they budget is that low. I read a review that it was the Rogue One for Alien. Kinda? I see why they said it but I don't hate it when it comes to this with so so so so many bad sequels. When the original is so basic it works.

Great great great creature effects. OG Xeno's are badass and they did a great job with it. Want to see the third best Aliens movie? Worth it. Need more then a basic Alien slasher plot? Look elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Youre not hyped for Gladiator ?

Nope. I'm sure it will be full of homo dei shit.

I know he's hands off directing these but it's still his production company. It's been nothing but stinkers for like a decade.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Watched about half of a cam version so far. I actually like it more some previous Aliens stuff. Most of the "DEI" hires are andriods and a little based in telling the live humans how fucked they are. Maybe a IMAX goto otherwise do check it out on home release. Don't think I would regular theater see it but I haven't been in years so not my thing.

Also of note is how they handle operation/realistic interiors of spaceships as we know them now is by far the best of all the versions imo.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just got back.

I would say its the 3rd best of the Aliens movies. It was pretty damn good in the theater. The Facehuggers and nods to Alien Isolation was my favorite part. The director absolutely gave direct shout outs to one of my favorite video games of all time so I was happy.

• 3Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Aliens will always be #1. Too many memes made from that cast to ever drop top spot.
Alien and Alien Romulus are pretty close in my book.
Then never admit any others exist ever again.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Aliens will always be #1. Too many memes made from that cast to ever drop top spot.
Alien and Alien Romulus are pretty close in my book.
Then never admit any others exist ever again.
lol PA today:

1723835374737.png

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
lol. Its a fair point: how have they fucked up Aliens and Predators so much that both franchises had classic movies for their first start (obviously I realize Predator 2 isn’t on par with the others but it’s still a really great old action film) and just churn out decades of shit that has neither advanced stories or built a world where good stories can be told.

Oldbased

> Than U
I give much weight to Alien because you can never forget the parents of the great children, even if they were a bit retarded.

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
lol. Its a fair point: how have they fucked up Aliens and Predators so much that both franchises had classic movies for their first start (obviously I realize Predator 2 isn’t on par with the others but it’s still a really great old action film) and just churn out decades of shit that has neither advanced stories or built a world where good stories can be told.

Predators was decent. You're never getting back the magic of the early ones because everyone (audience) knows what they are and have seen them dealt with numerous times. So there really is no more mystery, just jump scares.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I just got back.

I would say its the 3rd best of the Aliens movies. It was pretty damn good in the theater. The Facehuggers and nods to Alien Isolation was my favorite part. The director absolutely gave direct shout outs to one of my favorite video games of all time so I was happy.
Well now I might watch it

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Predators was decent. You're never getting back the magic of the early ones because everyone (audience) knows what they are and have seen them dealt with numerous times. So there really is no more mystery, just jump scares.
I thought predators was actually a really good film. I've actually rewatched it because I enjoyed it. Yeah it's not the same as the first and it's all about to call backs, but it had fun characters, and a simple but effective premise.

Reminded me a lot about a predators comic book series and how it would have been made into a film.

The comics used to be just little four shot episodes from Dark horse and they were always something along these lines.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users