Best mind blowing movie.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Seeing No Country For Old Men in the theater with absolutely no idea what I was getting myself in to was quite an experience. I was not prepared for the violence or having the protagonist
being killed off screen
or the introduction of the character of Wells and
his almost immediate death
and the ending
where there is just no final confrontation at all

Had I known anything prior it wouldn't have been anywhere near as powerful but as something to stumble in to? Hoooooly fuck.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
The Game, Fight Club and Usual Suspects for sure.

Not a true mind blower, but a decent movie with a few twists: The Salton Sea with Val Kilmer.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Seeing No Country For Old Men in the theater with absolutely no idea what I was getting myself in to was quite an experience...
The reactions in the theater were almost as mind blowing as the movie itself. I saw a 70'ish year old guy throw things at the screen because he was so pissed at the ending and his wife had to calm him down as they walked away. It kind of felt like a Kids In The Hall sketch. I was completely in awe of how great this movie that I had just seen was and it seemed like everyone around me was just really mad.

Brad2770

Primer is not being mentioned enough.
I was introduced to this movie back on the FoH board. I had mentioned it a couple of times there in threads similar to this and I think once on this board. I remember seeing the diagram explaining everything in the movie and I thought I had ruined it for myself. After a boring 20 minute start, I was hooked and even with the diagram, it was confusing as fuck. I have seen it about 10 times now and I am still confused with the party/father bullshit. If you havent seen it, check it out.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I did really enjoy world war z!! Wouldn't say it was mind blowing. But much better than a lot of movies that I just enjoyed

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't believe no one has mentioned The Departed...

Such an intense, serious, drama... to then go full wtf superviolence bordering on comedy, rivaling a Tarantino film in the last 5 minutes? Totally WTF ending.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
oh yeah, forgot aboutThe Others. Pretty good for a scary flick too.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh, I loved the elevator scene in The Departed. No build up, no dramatic pause, no sad music. Just *BLAM*.. that happened. Next scene.

iannis

Musty Nester
Primer is not being mentioned enough.
For me Primer wasn't mind blowing so much as it was just confusing. Intentionally so and confusing in the best way, don't get me wrong. The subject matter is confusing as shit. It dealt with time travel in what is probably a more realistic manner than almost every other treatment of the idea.

Primer was a lot less confusing if you started watching it with the knowledge that it was a movie about time travel. I can't imagine how confusing the movie would have been without at least that much of a heads up. You wouldn't have known what the fuck was happening until about halfway through, and by then it would have been too late to catch up. I didn't catch all the nuances the first time through but I got the basic jist of it -- "Time travel is recursive and when you start dealing with how this might actually work it's, frankly, confusing as all fuck." It wrenches you into understanding that straight causality is not the only manner in which reality could be viewed. Which is great because in theory, they are manipulating a force which we are only equipped to perceive in one way. It should be confusing, unintuitive, and really exceed our abilities to perceptually understand.

Primer required too much mental discipline to really be mind blowing. That movie was a lot like a dissertation on film. My experience with it was more along the lines of mind numbing. It's a great movie.Truescience fiction.

Edit: My biggest mindfuck movie would have to go with Fight Club. I'm sure the book is better, but I am Jacks sense of total astonishment at how big a mindfuck that movie was and how they managed to pull it off. It helps a lot that's the sort of movie that you were intended to watch completely baked.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_42378.jpg

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Primal Fear is a great example. Saw it when I was young in theaters, had no idea what the movie was even about and mind was definitely blown at the end.

Matchstick Men was also one that caught me slippin'