Black Myth Wukong

Goonsquad Officer
Is there any good western cinema version?

The only thing I've found is new tales of monkey on Netflix, but that's basically power rangers level of bad. I'm not watching dragonball either.
I was just thinking that i really should see if it's got a loyal translation audio book or something. i don't know much about it myself.

i know there's some half assed video games about it.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

The only thing I've found is new tales of monkey on Netflix, but that's basically power rangers level of bad. I'm not watching dragonball either.

There is not a western movie version. Best thing is just a youtube video summary for westerners.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Apparently there is a 1978 Japanese TV show.

I remember that show. I don't remember the story at all just the show. Growing up with 3 channels didn't allow one to be picky with what they watched. It was a choice between this or MASH reruns or Gilligan's Island.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Asmongold refusing to fix his bios because he doesn't know what to do. So he is brute forcing the shader problem, just going up 2-3% each time until the compilation crashes. Up to 91% now, been at it for 30 minutes just restarting the game.

Downloading the game now, just updated my bios again. Did it in May, but see there is a new one from August too. Apparently the "full" fix for intel is coming in September? Hoping my processor isn't fried by then. Not had any issues or crashes myself in any game so far, so hope I am one of the lucky ones.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did Intel shit the bed all of a sudden? See lots of issues popping up with them. Glad I got AMD last upgrade.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Did Intel shit the bed all of a sudden? See lots of issues popping up with them. Glad I got AMD last upgrade.

It's the 13 and 14k processors that are affected. From what I understand, the power was left uncapped so the processors basically "fry" themselves. Over time, more and more of the processor is destroyed so it will start having increasing malfunctions (usually by programs/games crashing/exiting). It took them a long time to acknowledge it, and BIOS updates to fix it are just now starting to come out (even though the issue has been known for many months now).

It's been especially bad with games based on Unreal 5, where the shader compilation crashes with a message saying "out of memory" but that isn't the case, it's the CPU outright drawing too much power during the process. Updating the bios (or manually changing several bios options to what they "should" be) is the only "fix", however, whatever damage is done up to that point on the CPU is permanent. Unless you do fix it, your processor is basically just ticking down until it breaks.

A major issue since I'd say updating the bios (simplest solution) is beyond the skill of 60+%? of actual users. Manually changing the individual settings 99+%? I thankfully fall into the group that can update my bios (though not comfortable enough to update each individual setting without just following a guide clicking where it says to click without really understanding what it does).

^ simplistic understanding of the issue. I'm sure some more tech savvy people have better explanations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jovec

?
It's the 13 and 14k processors that are affected. From what I understand, the power was left uncapped so the processors basically "fry" themselves. Over time, more and more of the processor is destroyed so it will start having increasing malfunctions (usually by programs/games crashing/exiting). It took them a long time to acknowledge it, and BIOS updates to fix it are just now starting to come out (even though the issue has been known for many months now).

It's been especially bad with games based on Unreal 5, where the shader compilation crashes with a message saying "out of memory" but that isn't the case, it's the CPU outright drawing too much power during the process. Updating the bios (or manually changing several bios options to what they "should" be) is the only "fix", however, whatever damage is done up to that point on the CPU is permanent. Unless you do fix it, your processor is basically just ticking down until it breaks.

A major issue since I'd say updating the bios (simplest solution) is beyond the skill of 60+%? of actual users. Manually changing the individual settings 99+%? I thankfully fall into the group that can update my bios (though not comfortable enough to update each individual setting without just following a guide clicking where it says to click without really understanding what it does).

^ simplistic understanding of the issue. I'm sure some more tech savvy people have better explanations.

Multiple issues contributing to a single result - uncapped power limits as mentioned, manufacturing defects, and microcode bug(s) that caused voltage spikes beyond safe levels. All leading to degradation. Intel claims the manufacturing defects during 2023 (leading to oxidation on the via interconnects) have been fixed, but may have persisted for over a year. They kept it mostly hidden and haven't revealed the affected CPU serial numbers to the public. Intel also has been coy about power limits and using deceptive names for them (baseline, recommended, performance, extreme, etc), and has been giving tacit approval to mobo makers to run their CPUs uncapped instead of enforcing limits, leading to potentially misleading benchmarks. AMD apparently defines the limits for their stuff and then validate the mobos are enforcing them correctly, while Intel basically says "Do whatever." In theory the built-in safe guards were supposed to prevent any CPU damage but the microcode bug was, regardless of the vcore setting, spiking 1.6-1.7v into the CPU milliseconds at a time leading to damage over time. This was a legitimate bug as opposed to the intentional ambiguity with the power limits.

If your Intel CPU has already been damaged from the oxidation, or from running too high power/voltage, then it cannot be fixed. If it hasn't been damaged yet, running the new power limits and microcode should keep the processor safe but at reduced performance. Intel is stuck because they don't want to gimp their CPUs in online reviews ( reduced voltage/power reductions) but they also do not want to do a recall. There will be plenty of users who either live with random crashing or with reduced performance from what they expected at time of purchase. From Intel's perspective, they were taking flak for its 350w+ consumption in benchmarks for something like the 14900k but at least it had chart topping (or near chart topping) performance in exhange.

In fairness to Intel, the vcore fix and more strict power profiles do not appear to be reducing performance all that much, especially for single/low core count applications like gaming. Something like a 0-5% reduction depending on the app. Multicore is more like 5-10%.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All this talk in here about computer specs and processor speeds.

Is the game any good? Similar to Dark Souls? Reasonably long? Plays well?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
All this talk in here about computer specs and processor speeds.

Is the game any good? Similar to Dark Souls? Reasonably long? Plays well?

Not played long, just downloaded the game and tried it. It's 1am, so have to get to bed for work. It's 128gb.

Strange, that with Vsynch on, it had screen tear. Turned it off along with frame cap off, and it went away (not sure if due to super sampling?).

Running it at very high (turned off Cinematic which was default). 4k it runs with 110ish fps with everything on + DLSS. (With a 4090)

First 40 or so minutes, it has action and abilities (so maybe more Nioh in playstyle than Souls). Action game mostly, as it is somewhat of a boss gauntlet. Little exploration off the beaten path. I think it's about 40-50 hours to do most things from the reviews?

spronk

FPS noob
What about this game upends DEI?

its done by a chinese studio that has been accused of misogny by the usual retards for content creators guidelines and some chinese twitter tweets from the CEO making jokes about his balls or something

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
its done by a chinese studio that has been accused of misogny by the usual retards for content creators guidelines and some chinese twitter tweets from the CEO making jokes about his balls or something

Are we sure calling things "misogynist" on twitter isn't just guerilla marketing at this point?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm

this in recent decade, kinda horrifying

the Monkey in this old series is a little more convincing. it was launched decades ago, people liked it especially when the demon bitches try to seduce the party of misfit to eat the monks virgin flesh for immortality

Goonsquad Officer
the devs also ignored and refused help from extortionist rackets like sweet baby inc. when (ign?) asked them for a statement on the harassment issue that, at the point, i think only IGN had published an aritcle about them. the y said "we are only answering questions about gameplay, so no"

and when they sent out early access keys for """games journalists""" the nda/contract stated that they couldnot talk about a laundry list of leftist talking points. like sexual harassment. mesogany, feminist topics, politics, covid 19 and basically eveyrthing they would make an extrusion piece about.

so the up-ending DEI is more about some one saying fuck you jigaboos, and making their game without interference, ignoring the extortion rackets, ignoring the media, ignoring demands for THE MESSAGE and still some how dunking on the entire west with their sales.

Its kind of a story arc not unlike the titular baboon making mischeif and telling the powers that be to fuck off.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
monkey king is such a stupid yet iconic story that there are many different takes on it, anyone who is anyone has done yes even jet li and jackie chan, if youre gonna gonna watch a stupid monkey movie at least the stephen chow comedy one a chinese odessy (1+2)

and yes you know who he is kung fu hustle/shaolin soccer

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God