Borderlands

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Someone get Uwe Bolls ass back into cinema to make game movies. Jesus fucking Christ this is bad...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
4. A jungle jogger playing Tiny Tina? WTF are these people doing.

I'll give this to them...there is no win with this character in the hollywood of today.

You either have the most racist (because of her manner of speaking), eccentric, deranged character hollywood has EVER pumped out in the last 30 years or you have a neutered character that's totally bland.

Her character was, in BL 2, a mentally deranged / damaged girl that was in her teens. Basically the same as everyone in the Borderlands Universe.

In BL3 her character was a neutered, boring shell. This will be an even more neutered boring character than that.

---

Can't wait for this movie to not desperately flop causing Hollywood to think this shit is good.

yay...

---

there is 1,2,3, pre-sequel and tiny tina wonderland adventure

Don't even mention Pre-sequel, that shit was BAD.

I was counting the chapters til my group was done playing it.

Goatface

Don't even mention Pre-sequel, that shit was BAD.

I was counting the chapters til my group was done playing it.
had like 1200 hours in BL1 and over 2k in BL2, never played the pre-sequel. pretty sure even got it for free few years later.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't believe this actually got made. Also cannot believe Cate Blanchett agreed to be in it. One final paycheck before she retires maybe.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That was so much worse looking than I expected.

Riddle me this, why the fuck would you cast Jack Black as Claptrap instead of the actual voice actor?
Because no one cares when that dude does publicity. It's why animated films are full of celebrities nowadays.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Someone get Uwe Bolls ass back into cinema to make game movies. Jesus fucking Christ this is bad...
Bloodrayne is one of the greatest shitty movies ever. Plus, Dr.Boll will having a boxing match with you and win if you even attempt to criticize his films.

• 1Worf

Caliane

That was so much worse looking than I expected.

Riddle me this, why the fuck would you cast Jack Black as Claptrap instead of the actual voice actor?
same reason they cast jack black for every other cartoon character, instead of the actual voice actor, such as Bowser.

Tone is way off for that trailer.

Borderlands 1 intro fucking nailed it. the song, the narrative, everything. not copying this nearly 1to1 tells me this is going to be just shit.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'll give this to them...there is no win with this character in the hollywood of today.

You either have the most racist (because of her manner of speaking), eccentric, deranged character hollywood has EVER pumped out in the last 30 years or you have a neutered character that's totally bland.

Her character was, in BL 2, a mentally deranged / damaged girl that was in her teens. Basically the same as everyone in the Borderlands Universe.

In BL3 her character was a neutered, boring shell. This will be an even more neutered boring character than that.
I feel bad for Arianna Greenblatt. I thought she did well as young Gamora, but she totally killed it as young Ahsoka. This being her first major role sucks. It could have been a break out role, but like you said, the character will be hella neutered.

• 1Worf

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This either passed me by completely, or I saw it mentioned a while back and forgot about it. Either way, I saw the advert for this yesterday. My first reaction was "ooh a Borderlands movie, interesting". Then I saw Cate Blanchett as Lilith and first I wondered who the hell had asked her to play Lilith. Then I wondered why the hell she had accepted. Does she have money problems?

I played the hell out of BL1 and 2, gave up after 30 minutes of shitty jump mechanics in the Pre-sequal. Really enjoyed the first two and all the characters were amazing. And I agree with the casting in this. Totally out of sync. Lilith is - if anything - supposed to be over the top sex appeal. Cate is a brilliant actress in many rolls - but not this. Hell, not even 25 years ago when she was Galadriel. Lilith should have been played by a good looking, very lithe 25 year old. Hell, I know the perfect person, there's a 25 year old intern at my job who has been dancing competitive ball room dancing since she was 5. She moves EXACTLY like Lilith does in the BL1 intro video posted above, her body swaying in ways Cate could not even dream of.

I do understand the casting choice for Tiny Tina though, she's supposed to be, what? 12 or 14 years old in the game? No way that would work on camera so finding someone older was right, though probably not this exact actress.

same reason they cast jack black for every other cartoon character, instead of the actual voice actor, such as Bowser.

Tone is way off for that trailer.

Borderlands 1 intro fucking nailed it. the song, the narrative, everything. not copying this nearly 1to1 tells me this is going to be just shit.

Totally agree. The intro for 1 is amazing, and I think the intro for 2 is up there too, probably even just as good for setting the tone and vibe.

• 1Like

Caliane

Tina is absolutely insufferable and only worked like once as a joke.
They should have just used Gage.

But this is from people that presumably insisted that the guy on the boxart needed to be in the movie, because hes on the boxart. What do you mean john Borderland isn't in the script?!

Goatface

1708609974714.png

this talk of tina has triggered my flesh-stick ptsd

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Trailer wasn't awful, but also wasn't good.

Felt like this series never understood what made the first game good. seems the movie is no different. Might pirate at some point, maybe, if I'm bored enough.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll watch this one night on my own with a pizza and not tell anyone I know about it.

It's a straight to video with a presumably huge ass budget.

• 2Like

Caliane

Trailer wasn't awful, but also wasn't good.

Felt like this series never understood what made the first game good. seems the movie is no different. Might pirate at some point, maybe, if I'm bored enough.
yeah. Anthony Burch took over as writer on 2 and on. And of course got more and more woke and retarded. Got his sister the role as Tiny Tina.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
yeah. Anthony Burch took over as writer on 2 and on. And of course got more and more woke and retarded. Got his sister the role as Tiny Tina.

When did they take over? I enjoyed the story of 2 overall.

The tiny tina character + the DLC for her "RPG Game" that was basically just a meltdown of her psyche post roland death was pretty well done. The entire time you are playing through it she is becoming more and more unhinged and the other characters are losing their patience with her, it makes them all seem more human especially with the understanding that she was a kid and all this absolute insanity was happening around her.

On the slip side...them killing off scooter was pretty gay, replaced him with his hyper-obese FEM POWER cousin.

I'm just glad I sail the seven seas for most things these days.