Cheap Meals: Eating on a budget.

Burns

Yea! Sicilians don't need no pizza stone or $80+ pizza steel! Although, the pizza steel does looks interesting...

If anyone doesn't want to go through all the kneading/processing of the dough and cooking it on a fancy stone, you could always go more toward the old Italian way, from this old Italian lady (she said they had a huge communal oven in their town/village, so hard to replicate that).

This recipe looks even more time and cost effective than what I posted above:

No hassle dough:
2024-08-24 13.01.34 www.youtube.com 5a484e32a700.png

Into (sauce and cheese, I guess they don't/didn't use toping in Italy in her day, but I am sure you can add them just fine):
2024-08-24 13.05.17 www.youtube.com f1e08d2a3405.png

2024-08-24 13.15.24 www.youtube.com c0821c014d7d.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yea! Sicilians don't need no pizza stone or $80+ pizza steel! Although, the pizza steel does looks interesting...

If anyone doesn't want to go through all the kneading/processing of the dough and cooking it on a fancy stone, you could always go more toward the old Italian way, from this old Italian lady (she said they had a huge communal oven in their town/village, so hard to replicate that).

No hassle dough:
View attachment 543018

Into (sauce and cheese, I guess they don't/didn't use toping in Italy in her day, but I am sure you can add them just fine):
View attachment 543019

View attachment 543022

Man, love that channel. Her and that old Italian guy who I think had a stroke, but I think I enjoy her stuff more. Super simple, traditional, and she even sings!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
American Chop Suey was our go to meal when grammy didn't want to cook. It was cheap and delicious.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

No hassle dough:
View attachment 543018

View attachment 543019

View attachment 543022

Bit O' History. This whole communal oven thing existed across Europe since the early Middle Ages. If not earlier.

The communal oven was usually a bread kiln and in more crowded cities it would just be a commercial bakery. There was a moratorium on bread baking across the continent for Sundays. But the communal and commercial bread kilns were on and you could use them. Hence the tradition of Sunday Roast in the UK. As you'd drop your pot off on the way to church and pick up a cooked pot roast at the end of the day. Or make pizza and so on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Why does Costco chicken taste rotten? Where can you buy decent chicken

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Costco but look at the dates
A lot of places have them these days. I haven’t had an issues with the occasional one from Costco. Out here people wait for them to be put out on the display and then it’s a mad dash to get one.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
One of the staple meal preps in my household is what we call "egg stuff" where we make basically this or something like it. We frequently use eggs + chorizo, frozen hash browns, potatoes, etc.

For whatever reason jalapenos are expensive near me, but serrano peppers aren't.
You plant like 2 in your garden, and if you dont have garden a couple of big pots on your patio. Put in sunny place and they will produce all summer long. The two I have this year are still producing in end of sept. I never counted them but like 50+ jalapenos I made salsas with, and put in all kinds of shit including pizza.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You should ask your African boyfriend to show you how to wash it properly. Make certain he shares his seasoning with you. Maybe things will turn out better.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
do the boobs feel wierd?

i think you just have to buy 1 brand of each and from different stores, like i'll only buy whole chicken from publix, kroger chicken is "ok"

never tyson or perdue and whatever is growing in walmart, nope.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
That shit is never gonna be store specific. It's always gonna be dependant on what farm they got that batch from. Suppliers change regularly.