Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When it's closer to NFL season remind me and I will show you how to get legit NFL streams of every single game in HD amazing for around $100 for the season, including offseason.

meStevo meStevo and Ameraves Ameraves
Don't you end up using an international link, as that's the price the rest of the world pays? and then it gives you access straight through their website in, as you say, full HD?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
You mentioned that last season and I forgot to take you up on it.

I know some used Canada, but think the price doubled this year.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Don't you end up using an international link, as that's the price the rest of the world pays? and then it gives you access straight through their website in, as you say, full HD?

what? how?

You mentioned that last season and I forgot to take you up on it.

I know some used Canada, but think the price doubled this year.

So I will run through the basics real quick but hopefully remind everyone next year.

So NFL Gamepass does every single game live and the red zone and it's all online. They have an app also if you want that. The problem is that for the USA they have an agreement you can only watch old games so I think you can watch Sunday games on Monday etc.

If you sign up for the service through a proxy it will give you the price in that country and give you access to 100% live games. So I would VPN in a couple weeks before and see which country would be cheapest. Some are expensive because of the exchange rate and some are downright cheap. Pay with my US credit card in whatever currency they desire and then every time it was game day I would VPN in again and play just perfectly. I think the low price last year was around $99 but it might have been a bit lower. I didn't find a VPN for the lowest of the low which I think was Argentina and like $79. It might have been Germany and I still had a VPN for that so it was $99. I think you can use Hola which is some extension that lets you proxy in your browser without purchasing a VPN.

So for around $100 for the entire season and maybe $20 for a VPN for the entire season you get super HD live games and red zone for all pre/reg/post season games and the Super Bowl. Way cheaper than whatever you paid for cable that year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm already running Openelec on a rPi3 but it can't handle x265 stuff properly and it kinda bugs me (most of anime releases these days are in that format). I'll check out that forum, thanks for the link.

Maybe the ODroid-C2 which is a less popular RPi alternative.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
canceled my Comcast TV service this week and just subscribed to Playstation Vue. very happy with it so far. at $40 a month though it's not exactly any savings in terms of overall cost but at least it's not going to Comcast.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Actually thinking about DirecTV Now instead of Vue, the picture quality seems a bit better and there's more channels (all the Viacom channels are included) for less ($35 vs. $40) plus you can get HBO for only $5 a month.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I just bought a DirecTV Now account with the $35/mo Go Big package promotional pricing grandfathered in. The number of channels dwarfs anything else at that price and you can add HBO or Cinemax for only $5. I'm banking on DirecTV Now vastly improving its service over the next few months since it pales compares to Vue but is also very new. Hulu is launching their own service in a few months I believe so I expect this industry to get very competitive in the coming year.

Crone

Look at that, the money shifts away from traditional TV services, and all these players pop up to snatch it up in place of. I have dreams sometimes that I can control the minds of everyone, and the latest was along these lines. I controlled everyone to stop going to sporting events and concerts at ridiculous ticket prices. Everyone was standing around like whoa, how come no one showing up to my concerts?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Look at that, the money shifts away from traditional TV services, and all these players pop up to snatch it up in place of. I have dreams sometimes that I can control the minds of everyone, and the latest was along these lines. I controlled everyone to stop going to sporting events and concerts at ridiculous ticket prices. Everyone was standing around like whoa, how come no one showing up to my concerts?
This is not a good post

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I haven't pulled the trigger yet on any of them but Torula is one of them I was looking at.
Btw I looked at Torula, apparently they want $20/month (prepaid at least 3 months at a time, which is concerning) for what looks to be a lot of channels of low quality. I guess the PPV feeds would be nice to have if you're very into UFC but there were too many drawbacks for me to want to pull the trigger on that kind of service.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Btw I looked at Torula, apparently they want $20/month (prepaid at least 3 months at a time, which is concerning) for what looks to be a lot of channels of low quality. I guess the PPV feeds would be nice to have if you're very into UFC but there were too many drawbacks for me to want to pull the trigger on that kind of service.
The one reason I want to try it is because it can integrate into my Plex server via a plugin which I cannot do with DirectTV or other "legit" places.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think someone else brought it up here, but I don't know how far back.

I have been using Sonarr with Deluge, and I have the auto unzip feature checked in Deluge, but it doesn't seem to actually work. Is there some kind of super secret setting I need to change somewhere to get it to work?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

I have been using Sonarr with Deluge, and I have the auto unzip feature checked in Deluge, but it doesn't seem to actually work. Is there some kind of super secret setting I need to change somewhere to get it to work?
I think it was Crone Crone

Crone

I've got Sonarr and Deluge, and the auto unzip only works if you have 7zip installed on your computer. I'm old school WinRAR kind of guy, but had to just get 7zip, and from that point forward it works just fine.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I've got Sonarr and Deluge, and the auto unzip only works if you have 7zip installed on your computer. I'm old school WinRAR kind of guy, but had to just get 7zip, and from that point forward it works just fine.
Yup, have 7zip installed. But when a download finishes, nothing happens.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I just bought a DirecTV Now account with the $35/mo Go Big package promotional pricing grandfathered in. The number of channels dwarfs anything else at that price and you can add HBO or Cinemax for only $5. I'm banking on DirecTV Now vastly improving its service over the next few months since it pales compares to Vue but is also very new. Hulu is launching their own service in a few months I believe so I expect this industry to get very competitive in the coming year.

I have it too. Got in with the prepay for 3 mos and get a free Apple TV. The channel selection is by far the best, but no DVR makes me sad. It also isn't on the Roku yet, so I have to move around a Chromecast to cover all the TVs.