Desktop Computers

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was it really that hard to find an actual picture of an engine hoist?

The car shown is a Tesla, so it is hoisting a motor and not an engine. I am all sorts of triggered.

1727770151266.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This is wrong, i built my first mATX build a week or so ago and anyone on here can tell you i usually build in large cases because i have shaq sized hands. However the LianLi A3 is pretty damn specious and taking out the gpu to swap another nvme takes a few minutes of time. ITX cases are another story, but mATX is the happy medium that i can live. I am unsure if i will go back to full size cases and its a shame because i just looked on microcenter for a mATX motherboard on x870 chipset and 0, now i must wait to upgrade.
Yeah, no mATX for the X870s yet, and B850 is delayed until next year. I’ll probably end up with a B650 board for a 9800X3D.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, no mATX for the X870s yet, and B850 is delayed until next year. I’ll probably end up with a B650 board for a 9800X3D.
Yeah while it bothers me, it also doesnt since i havent been gaming much. I am one of those who feels the need to upgrade yearly for no apparent reason. I plan to wait until they have mATX along with 10k+ CUDIMM.

I planned to go AM5 now only because the ROG Gene looks dope and its one of the 2? High end mATX AM5 boards in existence.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Negative, that's just a Tesla-ish body style. That space on a Tesla is the frunk.

View attachment 550235

The front motor is below the plastic cover he has his hands on. It's a lot more compact and further back than you might think if you're used to looking at gasoline engines, it's directly between the wheels. Empty space forward of it is used for the frunk storage tub and a few other components.

1728025460711.png

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The front motor is below the plastic cover he has his hands on. It's alot more compact and further back than you might think if you're used to looking at gasoline engines, it's directly between the wheels. Empty space forward of it is used for the frunk storage tub and a few other components.

View attachment 550375
for visual comparison i was barely able to fit a carryon in the frunk

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The front motor is below the plastic cover he has his hands on. It's a lot more compact and further back than you might think if you're used to looking at gasoline engines, it's directly between the wheels. Empty space forward of it is used for the frunk storage tub and a few other components.

View attachment 550375

Yes, I have a Model Y. My point was that render showed bunch of stuff about two inches below the hood level occupying about 95% of the frunk. It's a Tesla-ish vehicle but not very accurate; lots of other details are off. Front panel design, no center console screen, seats, etc.

Someone probably pulled a non-copyrighted Tesla knockoff 3d body model and rendered "generic engine parts" to justify the hoist.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, I have a Model Y. My point was that render showed bunch of stuff about two inches below the hood level occupying about 95% of the frunk. It's a Tesla-ish vehicle but not very accurate; lots of other details are off. (No center console screen, headlight shape, seats, etc.) Someone probably pulled a non-copyrighted Tesla knockoff 3d body model and rendered "generic engine parts" to justify the hoist.

Absolutely. It also has a wall rack full of steering wheels (with the column and stalks still attached to it...), just the kind of tools you need easy access to when doing drivetrain repair work.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yes, I have a Model Y. My point was that render showed bunch of stuff about two inches below the hood level occupying about 95% of the frunk. It's a Tesla-ish vehicle but not very accurate; lots of other details are off. Front panel design, no center console screen, seats, etc.

Someone probably pulled a non-copyrighted Tesla knockoff 3d body model and rendered "generic engine parts" to justify the hoist.
caf2a564479b0dbc1c4f67125d5d803c.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Any news about Intel Arrow Lake thats supposed to release this month? Is it still looking promising or is everyone still afraid to try Intel after the 13th/14th gen clusterfuck?

My i7-4790K after 10 years has finally lost the will to live. RIP loyal warrior.

Hows DDR5 these days, too?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Any news about Intel Arrow Lake thats supposed to release this month? Is it still looking promising or is everyone still afraid to try Intel after the 13th/14th gen clusterfuck?

My i7-4790K after 10 years has finally lost the will to live. RIP loyal warrior.

Hows DDR5 these days, too?
go red unless you want your rig to be ded

• 1Truth!

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I’ll wait till the 10th/26th for the reviews before I decide, but theres a very real chance I’m ordering my first AMD chip at the end of the month. Feels weird switching sides.

I think Intel will deliver this time but that the new MB’s are going to fuck everyone over with pricing. At the least this should drop prices a little.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I’ll wait till the 10th/26th for the reviews before I decide, but theres a very real chance I’m ordering my first AMD chip at the end of the month. Feels weird switching sides.

I think Intel will deliver this time but that the new MB’s are going to fuck everyone over with pricing. At the least this should drop prices a little.
if it's for gaming def get a x3d

and then def get a cooler that has offset mounting

info

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Price perf king is the x3d but overall it still loses to XX900k/KS its just cheaper and performs almost just as good. AMD also has better/longer support for a socket than intel so there is also that. I had planned to go AMD but it really depends on CUDIMM support i guess. Also intel takes better advantage of faster ram and im currently using 8400 kits on mine.