Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Glad someone agrees with me, destiny has huge potential and these would be easy solutions to make the game more fun and give them a bit more freedom in encounter design.
I agree, despite some huge flaws currently it is a good game that could be great. There really isn't much fundamentally that needs to be changed, just the bungie mindset which hopefully is happening.

They fucked up real bad by making vog obsolete. If I could run HM Crota and VoG without having to grind out a bunch of shit each week then I would be happy.

They need to never raise the level cap above player level again though. If that happens in HoW it will probably be my last DLC

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Should I bother even trying to get VOG groups? I haven't done it as I am newer to the game but I am already 31. Or should I just stick with Crota?
It's worth doing for fatebringer and maybe VoC, but they will be doing 15% less dos than similar weapons at 331 attack.

Even forgetting the loot, it's still worth doing at least once just to see how much better of a raid it is than CE

spronk

FPS noob
huh well this was certainly an interesting way to kill crota, i think middle is still better this way has way too many ways for a random person to die plus the sb could be a huge prick it seems but this is basically sort of a riff off the duo crota HM kill
HM CROTA EASY STRATEGY - YouTube

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
They explained the 3rd slot it was something to do with one of their alpha or beta builds and switching between the two or some shit like that. Here I found it...

I agree with the huge potential Usha, it has really REALLY good gameplay going for it, but the lack of something to do is killing it, not something I would expect from a game that has had this much money thrown at it to make it a new franchise and a lead product.

The 3rd slot is rumored to be a part of the major "comet" later this year which was a leaked screenshot of the features of this major comet.

Someone on reddit made a better screenshot using this one but cant find it...

rrr_img_88858.jpg

Edit: From reddit...
September 2015 - Destiny gets a super-sized expansion pack called Plague of Darkness. It includes 2 new weapon types, 3 new subclasses, a new base level, 12 (!) new story missions, new strikes, new PVP maps, and a new Raid presumably involving Hive, taking place on one of their Hive ships. The Hive Ship also becomes a new patrol area. At the same time, the previously Playstation-exclusive strikes and weapons are released to Xbox. Additionally, to commemorate Destiny's one year anniversary, a "GOTY"-esque version of the game is released (maybe even on PC too?) It includes TDB, HoW, and PoD. All of this has been referred to as "Comet".
Wait.. they must have more raids coming down the line between march and september surely? "hard mode" (more heroic mode in my opinion) Crota was beaten within 24 hours, hell even my own casual group did a quick one hour run last night and mastered the encounter in under 20 min. The game is screaming for more content at this point, another slim contentpatch in march will not keep people playing past end of march/april.

There is a huge content gap already and come april it will be hard to motivate people to even show up for the weekly raid, much less the nightfall/heroics. Most on my friendlist currently log in on tuesdays and finish off Nightfall/Heroic/Raid HM x3 in less then 4 hours, then plays something else the rest of the week.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you guys end up getting crota last night? Seemed you were so close, many times, but then you'd have weird bugs happen. Sorry I couldn't stay on longer to fill in when a spot opened.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
We weren't able to get him a second time unfortunately. Random reasons for wiping each time. I am sure this week will be much smoother though.

spronk

FPS noob
lots of people getting cruxes, looks like the theory was right that its drop rate increases after you are flagged as having killed crota HM (so only 2nd week+), shader doesn't matter. still not anywhere close to high drop rates, some groups are 1/6, some are 0/6, some are 4/6

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Too bad you can't use the crux to upgrade VoG legendaries to 331, that would have been a cool idea Not sure I would ever use necrocasm

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Trying to find decent groups on xboxone is becoming a pain in the ass, even with destinylfg (granted it doesn't help i've yet to have been blessed with a ghorn).

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Crota's kill on my Titan. More energy and a machine gun I already have. Seriously fuck this game. I get why loot is RNG after playing MMOs for years but you wait all week to do a shitty raid that takes less than an hour for a kick in the nuts.

The only thing keeping my warlock from 32 is shards and I didn't get 1 fucking shard.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Crota's kill on my Titan. More energy and a machine gun I already have. Seriously fuck this game. I get why loot is RNG after playing MMOs for years but you wait all week to do a shitty raid that takes less than an hour for a kick in the nuts.

The only thing keeping my warlock from 32 is shards and I didn't get 1 fucking shard.
I realize its not quite the point, but can't you turn that energy you don't need into shards with Eris?