Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If you clear out left side only of his room and run over to the rock on the far left side you can crouch behind it.

While crouching if you just pull the trigger to sight in it pops you up just enough to hit him. You can sit over there with icebreaker and take him down so fast. Way easier than the shrieker room.
I have a penetrating arc sniper. Nothing is safer than shooting through the wall with absolutely zero danger since there are no NPCs, ever.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you clear out left side only of his room and run over to the rock on the far left side you can crouch behind it.

While crouching if you just pull the trigger to sight in it pops you up just enough to hit him. You can sit over there with icebreaker and take him down so fast. Way easier than the shrieker room.
Ya, that was the method I was referring to.

If you have an arc sniper with penetration then standing outside is going to be easier and likely quicker than clearing the room. I was just pointing out that even if you don't, the fight is pretty trivial

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
Not really familiar with how this works, but will you be on tonight to share that with us so we can do it? (Me + ZyyzYzzy + my buddy)
Szeth, if you have space tonight I'd love to get in on the HM cheese. I've not done it yet and I'd like to get it once before it gets fixed. Like ZyyzYzzy, I'll be around tonight at 9pm EST. PSN is Phaenos.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Since I'm working during our normal raiding hours, Sarthis said he would take my spot tonight.

Fourth and I got the HM Oracles checkpoint last night just before he logged off. If you guys happen to try that, too, Please save the checkpoint for me on one of your alts. I should be home around 7pm PST.

Also, I still have the HM Atheon save on my alt. Any time I do it, I send out invites to people on my friends list. If you need it, add me and ask in game. I enjoy it, so I'm always up to help out if I'm not in the middle of something.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
We currently don't have anyone who HAS cheesed it before. I haven't even stepped foot in VoG yet. Zyyz said it didn't seem to hard, but I/we would love a grizzled cheese veteran to hold our hands.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
We currently don't have anyone who HAS cheesed it before. I haven't even stepped foot in VoG yet. Zyyz said it didn't seem to hard, but I/we would love a grizzled cheese veteran to hold our hands.
Yes. Also, haven't upgraded my double nade titan exotic to that perk yet.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
A grizzled vet, I am not - but I have done the Atheon fight the normal way before. So at the very least I'm familiar with the area - just not the cheese method.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Would love to give HM oracles and templar a shot tonight if you guys are still messing with it when I get home (8PM PST).

Thanks Dwreck and crew for always being helpful and organizing things, wish I had a chance to play with you more often.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What should I be doing at level 24? Vanguard strikes? Can I solo those daily/weekly missions?

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
What should I be doing at level 24? Vanguard strikes? Can I solo those daily/weekly missions?
The level 24 daily and weekly missions shouldn't give you too much trouble solo. Nearly every "boss" has an area where they can be cheesed in some way or another. The most predictable way to progress past 24 is to get rank 2 in vanguard or crucible and simple buy your legendary gear.

spronk

FPS noob
Thats fine in a group but when doing it solo its really dangerous trying to clear out the room, since pretty much everything will 1 shot you with melee or arc ranged damage. So yeah, for anyone solo'ing nightfall a armor piercing sniper rifle from the pre-room is the best choice, since nothing can hit you there. Its gonna be slow as fuck though switching to IB, regen, switch to AP sniper, empty clip, repeat. Still the hardest part of this week solo are the 3 wizards, since they will fuck you up in an instant. A solar rocket launcher does wonders with em though, and can run back to the open cavern before and ice breaker snipe em once you pop their shields with solar rocket.

and da fuq is wrong with bungie, its so fucking retarded thats its now week THREE of people cheating on atheon and still no patch. Goddamn.

you can hit level 27 within 24 hours just by grinding the fuck out of crucible and public events/patrol missions. Get 100 tokens from each, spend 65 from each to buy a legendary gloves/chest/boots and upgrade them asap (helps to have done some of this leg work the week before). You should get enough shards from the public events from a few days to upgrade most of it all the way. If you got lucky you got showered with some purples along the way, but even with 0 luck you can still get fully 29 level purp'd out within 2 or 3 weeks.

Literally stats don't matter at all in this game, yeah its nice going full int/disc but it really won't make that much of a difference in endgame raid if you are 100% str in your gear, all that matters is getting to light level 27, 28, and 30 asap so you do full dmg to mobs and don't take 50-100% extra damage from them.

i brought my ps3 home from my nephews house so im gonna test out what happens if you try and raid on a ps3 on an account thats already cleared stuff on a ps4.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I went through the nightfall and the weekly strike in about 25 minutes each. Everything above acolyte got a rocket to the face (helps my arc rocket launcher rolled with tracking). Did the hiding thing with phogoth in his room, but I did use the pre-shrieker room to kill a lot of the first wave before freeing him.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Good chance I won't be online until late tonight, or none at all for our normal Wednesday raid night. Some big system issues happened at work today that we are trying to take care of (and inevitably have to fire a few people sadly, which puts me in a not-so-good mood).