Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It sucks that Xur is selling the same BP with different stats 2 weeks in a row, but it's good that there is stat deviation in the high end gear. Gives you something to do after hitting 30, since that raid armor drop can always be a lil better.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have a normal atheon save if anyone wants on Xbox 1. Message in-game. Friend and I are running our alts.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
To me its the principal. I could understand if the dropped version of an item you get from an engram or mission reward had better stats than the vendor bought version, but to have the exact same item for sale from a vendor that has different stats makes zero sense. I probably wouldn't be so bothered by this if the differing items were on sale several weeks apart, but the fact that the inferior item was on sale JUST last week feels like a real kick in the balls. I'll get off my soap box now.
This. Exactly this.

As far as the stat deviation goes....if an item has, lets say, 130 points available for stat distribution and it was randomly divided between 2 of the 3 stats, that would make sense. If the same breastplate was being sold this week, but it had 83 points of intelligence and 47 points of discipline, That would make sense (assuming the first BP had 130pts in disc). If the bonus perks on it were randomized like they are with legendary weapons from engrams, that would also make sense. To me, it just seems like the stats should be randomized in their distribution but still add up to the same total.

I'm not really pissed off that I missed out on 18 points of discipline, it's just annoying that things like this are so common in Destiny. Same thing with Sunbreakers being sold, what, 3 weeks in a row?

It seems like the standard with games now is to release them full of bugs and glitches and fix them through subsequent patches. Whatever, I can accept that. I still love the game, I'll just feel better about it when Bungie is more vocal about what direction they are moving towards with the numerous complaints of the community.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure im done till expansion, the RNG shit just tires me out - opened 3 glove engrams and got 2 lock and 1 titan which is just plain old annoying, especially considering every class has had gloves atleast once but hunters. At any rate im 30 and have every item i want besides gloves and the arc hand cannon anyways so no real reason to play for a while anywho.

Hopefully Lords of the Fallen delivers next week.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Great, now there's a bug in game during control matches where even if you have 1-2 control points, it'll respond 0-3 so there's no chance of winning.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Good looking changes coming to the Iron Banner
Spoiler for size
Power Matters (More!)
The goal for Level Advantages in PVP had been to create relatively small advantages that would suffice only to tilt the balance between players of equal skill towards the player of greater achievement, expressed in terms of his gear. But we now believe we have been too conservative, and that small tilts failed to meet anyone?s expectations.

In the next Iron Banner, we will debut a much more dramatic difference between players of wide variation in Level. We will detail the changes in an article of its own to come as soon as we settle on some of the numbers.

Because of this, the next Iron Banner will also require a Fireteam leader to be Level 20 to enter. While lower Level players may join in with their Level 20+ chaperone, they will find it very challenging.

Quitting
The goal of Iron Banner was to create a PVP playlist where players would push their game and their equipment harder than ever. To do so, the emphasis is on winning. But that meant players who found themselves losing would be inclined to leave.

The Iron Lords respect perseverance and tenacity. In the next Iron Banner, players will receive a Medallion of Iron on a loss. Upon their next win, each Medallion they carry will convert into a reputation gain almost equal to a win.

Armor and Weapons
The goal for Iron Banner gear was to provide Armor powerful enough to interest most players after a few weeks of gearing up, and aesthetically appealing to all players. But for very advanced characters, wearing Exotics and Raid gear, the equipment was not powerful enough to consider.

In the next Iron Banner, new exclusive reward Armor will be bumped to Level 30, but will still only be available in two slots. For advanced players, this will make them viable functional or visual sidegrades.

Iron Banner Weapons were already viable sidegrades for all but the most advanced players, but we would like to expand the options available. In the next Iron Banner, the weapon types available will go from two to four, divided between drops on match victory, and purchase from Lord Saladin in the Tower.

Bounties
The goal of Bounties in the Iron Banner is to push players to prove themselves in new ways, while also ensuring that straight-up combat was always valuable to move you towards a higher rank. But some of the Bounties required too much, and were mutually exclusive in a way that made this worse.

In the next Iron Banner, several of these Bounties have been tuned down quite a bit, and overall the value of Bounties has been bumped up. Also, they have been moved onto Lord Saladin, who was getting a little lonely back there with only his gong and dinosaur drawings.

New Feature: Reforging
Timur's Lash (the Hand Cannon available on match victory) was exciting to us because it was able to re-roll its upgrades on each drop, resulting in some unique and excellent configurations. But due to other issues, this was inaccessible to most players.

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer players the option of Reforging any Iron Banner weapon (including those from the last event.) This will re-roll all of the upgrades, but will also reset any progression. The cost for each Reforge will be a small number of Motes of Light, so set some aside next time Xur arrives in the Tower.

New Feature: Tempered
With Iron Banner lasting one week, some players with working schedules found themselves unable to even consider reaching a higher rank.

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer a 12-hour buff called Tempered, which will boost Iron Banner reputation gains. As the week goes forward, this boost will be increasingly potent, to help players starting later in the week to catch up. In Iron Banners after the next, we expect that we will further tune these bonuses by increasing their potency, but limiting their effect to lower Ranks.

Iron Banner Reputation Reset
If your eyes just snapped open, relax: Iron Banner reputation isn't resetting. The goal of Iron Banner events is to bring everyone together to play PVP for a week, and our plan had been to reset reputation each event. But this was poorly communicated, and (for reasons listed above) reaching higher ranks took longer than intended.

In the next Iron Banner, you will still have the Rank achieved in the last. But we still want players to come together for at least a few nights of team PVP, including veterans of the last event, so the Iron Banner ranks have been increased to 5. Some of the adjustments above will help players ascend more quickly through these and existing ranks.

In future Iron Banners, we will change over from Reputation to an Event Standing model where ranks are reset, but only after we better tune the effort required to reach the higher ranks.

Disclaimer of Ultimate Dodge
Some of the above changes are still undergoing internal testing, and we may encounter critical issues that force us to postpone a change. We?ll keep you posted.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
F Iron Banner - The entire topic was PVP when everyone was hoping for a PVE patch - they didnt even mention the weapons, lack of weekly fix for Aetheon, or anything to give you hope that you will be doing more or the same ole same ole for the up coming weeks. Iron Banner is just Control with marginal damage differences and all they are going to do is make it so we curb stomp lowbies,...whos even interested in that? I love how its balanced now and a skilled L10 can go ape shit crazy on a map so long as he knows how to play.

Fadaar

That guy
If the random guy on reddit did his math right, he stated that its only about a 3 second difference in the cool down. If you look at it that way it's not so bad

Also, been waiting for Suros but now that it's back I'm questioning buying it. Probably will still get it so I can say I have it but I'm tired leveling up weapons! I think I read the bungie said it's still over performing. So there's still that
Doesn't matter if you cap out both INT and DISC at 100% anyway, which is totally doable with the right gear.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They need to figure out how to skip Templar and get into the caves behind him for 2 more free chest!

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Just got a chance to play with the SUROS this morning after buying it late last night. I am in love........

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I was a bit skeptical of Suros since I already had a Legendary Auto-Rifle but now I'm really happy with the purchase. The thing hits like a truck and I love the large clip size.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have you guys been able to get the VoG glitch to work to skip the spire event? I tried it 5x this morning and every time it didn't work. I followed the video above exactly.

spronk

FPS noob
yes i did it twice last night. you have to see the spire is forming message, if you see the vex are taking control of a plate you were too slow getting to district 9 and you have to go to orbit and restart. wait exactly 1:40 in d9 before jetting out, you should see the spire as you come back.

If you don't get to the door fast enough though from D9 it won't actually open, but thats ok use the sparrow trick - drive your sparrow right next to the door so you are parallel to it, then dismount and you will hop off "into" VoG. As long as the beam of light went from the tower into the door it will spawn the first chest (takes 30 secs to find out once you are inside).

I did it on my two chars that only did cheesy templar/atheon HM and both got asc shards from the first chest, which was nice. Also got to explore a little bit of VoG, its fun jumping around trying to find other stuff to get to.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got it on my 6th try. I think I was just too slow getting to District 9. I got 2 shards in the chest (is it ever anything else?).

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone have a Hardmode save for oracles or templar?

I got another 27 and I'd love to cheese another shot at arc hand cannon.