Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I am down to kill crota tonight as well if folks are up for it. I am a slacker though so I am only a filthy lvl 30 still.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Played this a bit out of boredom (and out of duty, as I'd already bought the fucking thing like an idiot) - can't come up with a word more appropriate than "meh". Bungie should be ashamed of this game, and their attitude about it - I remember them going on and on about the content, size, etc. What a joke. Shooting mechanics can't and don't mask absolutely dire gameplay - I'd say I hope the sequel learns from these missteps, but I'm positive it won't.
In 2021 all of this fucking nonsense will be over and patched and repatched 100 times over. We should meet up and have some fun going through the content for 60 hours. I honestly feel bad for the people that have the hope and desire to go through all the utter shit that will happen in the next five years.

It's just a fucking shame of what they did to an awesome potential of a series. It's quite a bit early to say that they buttfucked this forever but I really don't see a change coming soon if not forever.

I listened to some podcast two nights ago where Deej(PR guy/twitter/blog/has no idea about video games) and the team leader for the VoG raid were chatting with the guild they brought in to test VoG internally and they were just laughing about RNG raid drops.

It's just not acceptable to me that this is what the game will be. This is just one of those games where I was somewhat excited about and each and everyday I felt worse and worse.

I've been drinking all day, happy Friday!

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad the opinions I hold of this game are shared, because when I speak to people about it in real life or even chatting over games in Destiny itself people swear I am just being negative and grinchy. Fuck man, I don't wish it were the case! So much potential...

related edit; also, I always know I can count on someone else hating a game as much or more than I do on these forums, so when I am disappointed in something I can't wait to start reading what the avalanche of posts are going to be

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think most of you guys are overly salty. Yes, there are lots of stupid decisions that were made for this game, but overall it is still fun to play for the most part

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
New raid is worth $20, it is fun. Many of the design decisions are mind boggling, but somehow it is still fun. New OP sniper rifle will probably be nerfed and then rebuffed right before the next xpac mythoclast style.

Xevy

Log Wizard
People will complain when they play 1-2 hours a day and aren't l33t and lvl 32 and shit after two weeks. They won't be. People also play this game 8 hours a day and are wondering why they have 3 characters all at 32 and nothing to do. There's a middle ground here that I think much of this forum misses. Especially in games like this. I play probably 3+ hours a day and could be lvl 31, but I'd still have plenty to do. I still enjoy the game a great deal, but I both PVE and PVP and I'm fairly certain most people here only do PVE.

I do agree this game had a lot of potential and only about 50% of that. I'm sure the next game WILL be closer to what we expected, but they were so worried about the hype machine and building an interest they left actual content on the wayside. I still think each patch makes strides towards a better game. People cheez nightfalls then complain how easy it is. Then the nightfall gets nerfed and everyone complains how hard it is and how necessary the cheez is. It's mind boggling.

Game's still fun 10 days played when I'm PVPing or doing stuff with friends, but if I was just mindless doing Vanguard bounties or solo strike playlist I could see why a lot of people complain. Still I think a majority of the complaints (HERP DERP EXPANSION MADE MY OLD STUFF LESS GOODZ) are both unreasonable and easily forseen.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Well, yeah, I have to agree on the playtime issue. It's a huge factor, if not the biggest, when dissecting people's problems with the game in terms of progression and what not.

To be fair though guys, 99% of my complaints with the game don't depend on my playtime or playstyle at all. It's about the actual game. I just feel like it's completely hollow even for an FPS. The story I think was just really killed me. I was just saying 'Are you fucking kidding me?' the entire time I played through the game's campaign. I could go on and on but all of these things and more have been plastered around ad naseum.

I do really, really enjoy the PvP in this game and many other aspects of the game are phenomenal. I just feel like I got gipped in the main game and now I'm shelling out money for more meaningless bullshit. I've accepted it for what it is though and will probably continue to pay money for the raids alone because I love raiding in an FPS with my friends.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Agreed. Story felt neutered. Nothing like Halo campaign stories (actually exactly the same, just not same quality), but I absolutely love PVP. Super's make it feel like a real MMO because you have to budget and save your 'oh shit' button for the right situation. I love watching people Nova Bomb or Fist of Havoc me 1v1 for no reason, then I bubble on a point and just sit there and cap it while they do nothing. It's great. I always go 'what the fuck' and check the weapon used to kill me and go 'ohhhh..that's why' and shit and it actually makes weapons seem interesting. You definitely know what it's like to be Suros's vs Shingen'd. I laugh everytime I die to some one's Gjarlarhorn's clusters because I use that shit too.

Unfortunately I only play Control because though I'm good at Rumble it's more about saving your super for a fuck-fest and reaping the benefit. Clash seems like it's camp central mostly. At least in Control I've had games where we've one with 1 point because my team actually went out hunting.

DMK_sl

shitlord
This DLC has even MORE cock block grind fests then vanilla game. Now vanguard commendations are needed as well as the max 100 marks per week. These are intentional cock blocks due to no fucken content. Fuck this game.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This game is the biggest disappointment for me, hands down. I expected so much, and frankly its sad that such a beautiful looking game is turning out to be such a mess. I say this because the "expansion" is pitifully small, short and does nothing to address any of the shortcomings of vanilla, and in fact, serves to just reinforce all the things that are wrong with the game in its current form.

Really, really disappointed.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still don't understand why they haven't at least added matchmaking for weekly and nightfall (or even raiding...come on Bungie, get over yourself. Your raids aren't sooo hard that only friends can finish them). Would add so much more enjoyment for me if I could just jump on and do the weekly and nightfall regardless of my friends being online at the same time.

I had 55 coins burning a hole in my pocket so I bought the new voidfang vestments instead of upgrading my old one so I can dismantle the old for 2 shards. Also bought the Suros upgrade and got new exotic warlock helm from motes. Overall my best haul from Xur, but still saving enough coins for when/if he ever sells icebreaker again.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
We beat Crota twice today, ca888(sorry cant remember fullname) was with us, theforth backed out but we will get him on kill team tomorrow.

I got the fusion rifle, the sniper rifle, 2 shaders, 2 emblems, and shards/energies. We had also had shotgun, heavy machine gun and ships drop.
That was me
smile.png
Caduceus888.

I ended up getting the shader, emblem, shards, and the shotgun. Shotgun will be nice for PvP, but once again, useless in PvE like all shotguns.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got my first vanguard rank up since DLC and was awarded 'Another NITC' (new scout rifle). Love scout rifles so going to give it a try. Has stagger mod and ammo return on miss. Guess my newly traded-in Suros is going to collect dust for a bit. I didn't want to take the time to level up another exotic primary anyways!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Got to Deathspeaker (?) last night and stopped there since lvl 32 mobs are not fun. Figured we were just missing a mechanic if the fight. The running part was fun as hell, eespecially since our raid was 6 titans just pooping bubbles with armor of light. The Gatekeeper bridege encounter was alo fun. Walled away with raid arms (str sadly). Are there anyways to get new ascended mats besides the raid?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Got a pulse rifle from my Vanguard rank up :| Oh well. I almost have thorn maxed out. Gonna focus suros regime after it unless I get a legendary auto rifle (a non high rate of fire one), scout rifle, or hand canon

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm fairly certain it'll be impossible to be 32 in 2 weeks. The raid drop armor requires 7 raid drop materials just to unlock 30 light on them, and then another 14 to max it out. I managed to get 9 shards and 9 energy this week running three toons up to crota. ( Haven't killed him yet ). The alts will basically help the main get raid materials faster and I'll just focus on keeping the alts 30 or maybe 31 with unlocked raidgear / exotics.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Uhh yeah, pretty obvious you wont even be able to upgrade one piece per week. Let alone a whole set?

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Best possible scenario on rng would be 1 fully upgraded raid drop with rolling 3 toons and not killing crota though. My shard drops were half energy this week.