Doctor Strange (2016)

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
After watching it in Imax 3d this move is 8.5/10 reason for point deduction black dude got way toooo over sensitive about the bill comes due

ok so natural law blaah blah..why is the black dude so butthurt that strange saved the day turning back time and setting everything back to normal. Wong didn't seem to mind people live disaster averted.

Watching dormammu kill strange over and over was pretty cool.

In the fist end credit Thor tells Strange that both he and loki are looking for Odin. So at this point Thor knew that Loki was Odin. so does that conversation take place before or after ragnarok?
the black wizard why does he suddenly become a bad guy at the end? why take the dudes ability to walk and move his hands wasn't like he was taking advantage of his magic.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
After watching it in Imax 3d this move is 8.5/10 reason for point deduction black dude got way toooo over sensitive about the bill comes due

ok so natural law blaah blah..why is the black dude so butthurt that strange saved the day turning back time and setting everything back to normal. Wong didn't seem to mind people live disaster averted.

Watching dormammu kill strange over and over was pretty cool.

In the fist end credit Thor tells Strange that both he and loki are looking for Odin. So at this point Thor knew that Loki was Odin. so does that conversation take place before or after ragnarok?
the black wizard why does he suddenly become a bad guy at the end? why take the dudes ability to walk and move his hands wasn't like he was taking advantage of his magic.

That isn't why he was salty. He was mad because he felt that the Ancient One's actions had led to the events that occured. That the "bill was due," etc... If she had never done that, Strange would have never had to do this, and they'd never have been there. So all that meddling built up to that inevitable occurrence. Hence why he wants to go off and kill the wizards et all in the sequel. I mean, it is emo as hell, but whatever.[/quote]

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
ancient one didn't feel ancient.
the ancient temple didn't feel ancient.
the order of whatever the fuck they were didn't feel like an order

maybe I am getting old for this shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
That isn't why he was salty. He was mad because he felt that the Ancient One's actions had led to the events that occured. That the "bill was due," etc... If she had never done that, Strange would have never had to do this, and they'd never have been there. So all that meddling built up to that inevitable occurrence. Hence why he wants to go off and kill the wizards et all in the sequel. I mean, it is emo as hell, but whatever.
[/QUOTE]
yeah but the ancient one did what had to be done to save.the.earth from countless futures of shot as she said. Also the black dude was OK with killing but cheating to get the job done is crossing the line?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yeah but the ancient one did what had to be done to save.the.earth from countless futures of shot as she said. Also the black dude was OK with killing but cheating to get the job done is crossing the line?
[/QUOTE]

The Ancient One had quoted earlier that he was very rigid in his thinking with very little flexibility - with that in mind it seemed quite in character for him

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
I think an origin story like his would be better served by a television series. It was really hard for me to accept that he went from a narcissistic neurosurgeon to selfless, time-manipulating wizard over the course of 90 minutes.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Let’s Talk About Doctor Strange’s Terrific Vaudevillian Joke

03-doctor-strange.nocrop.w529.h1806.2x.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Saw it last night, was pretty decent. I'd give the first two thirds 7.5/10 but towards the end it regressed into paint by numbers super hero movie territory. 6.5/10 overall. Visuals were excellent.

• 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just got back as well. Really liked it. Kids loved it. My wife thought this was her at least 2nd favorite origin story. I'm actually pretty close to that as well. I enjoy the heck out of Ant-Man though and I guess you have to keep IM at the top. I liked CA1 as well so it's a tough choice. Either way, it's way up there and I would agree with the 7.5 probably not because of anything bad but simply due to the standard that has been set by other Marvel movies. I really enjoyed it.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
One thing I will add is that this movie really makes me want a lot more magic in the MCU, so I guess it accomplished it's overall goal.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Damn good movie. They did a great job making "magic" feel distinct from "superpowers", and the "final battle" was a nice deviation from the norm.

Really, aside from the villain not being Loki-tier (which they never are, so whatevs), my only real criticism is that the humor with the cloak was a tad too slapstick for for my taste, but that feels like quibbling.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
saw this, follows the now very formulaic marvel origin story template paint by numbers, but hell when you got that shit down to a science you may as well stick with it.

i'd say 7.5/10 for me

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well,
It's during. There's been shooting leaks from Thor 3 where you see Odin as a bum in whatevercity, so the search for missing Odin is part of Ragnarok

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enjoyed it; first 3D movie I've seen that the glasses etc didn't annoy me.

Will watch again at home

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It was just okay. Wouldn't watch twice. I need a superhero movie with a fucking original story, dammit. They all feel like they were written in some Marvel factory. Fancy CGI doesn't do anything for me. Also, the bad guy's eye makeup looked dumb.

6/10

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Marvel movie's problem is that it doesn't have any compelling villain to speak of.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Saw it Sat night in 3D and it was worth it. Overall I liked it a lot. Similar to the animated movie, but different enough to be fresh. The actors nailed their roles and the movie flowed nicely it almost seemed short. Some good Easter eggs as well...
director said the Air Force Col. was not Rhodes and not the Hammer test pilot from IM2, so no real evidence on when the movie takes place in the MCU timeline. I'm hoping it took place around Ironman 1 or 2 so it give Strange time to truly become Sorcerer Supreme.

Also, Cumberbatch did the motion capture for Dormomu. That scene was amazing.

Color me ready for Adam Warlock.

• 1Solidarity