Dragon Ball Super

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well this is kind of spoilerish so:

'I've read the plot for the new story, and I'm really happy a certain future related character is going to be involved. I'm a huge fan!'

Akira Toriyama added 'That's a pretty popular character! The kids are going to be happy.'

So take that for what it's worth.

No Kaio-ken is not sustainable, but the fact that he can even do it to begin with makes him leaps and bounds stronger than Vegeta. He'll continue to train it and perfect it, I mean he went from x4 almost killing him to x20 vs. Freeza without a care in the world.

As for Bluper Saiyan 2 and 3, Toriyama already said he doesn't want to do that, so I doubt that occurs. The titles of the next few episodes are a little tricky and hint at someone getting a power-up but it's not clear who.

As for Gohan, he's dead in the water imo. Toriyama gave up on him in the Buu arc and made it the Goku show again.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
anyone watching this shit? started off a bit slow but this new saga seems like it's headed in the right direction. I do have some complaints about the art style and animation quality though.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Animation quality seems to really be spotty. Some episodes will be nicely done, others look Goku v Beerus on King Kai's planet-level badly drawn.

I'm enjoying it though; I mean it's canon Dragon Ball and more of it, which is all I fucking ever wanted as a child. As slow paced as it is, I still find myself looking forward to Super every week more than any other show, well besides Berserk maybe.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm enjoying it. It's starting to feel like the old DB/DBZ compared to DBGT. The one downside is definitely the art style.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I admit i fucking lost it at the Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10 Kamehameha at Hit.

Kinda sad about Gohan. I have really got back into Dragonball as a whole lately, I play the stupid phone game and I am about 1/2 way through original Dragonball right now.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was watching through Kai because I had never seen it. Looks like the same thing as the old version except maybe some added shit, lol.

radditsu

I was watching through Kai because I had never seen it. Looks like the same thing as the old version except maybe some added shit, lol.

It takes out the filler as I understand it. I have not watched Kai.

Watched Dragonball Abridged Series Twice..never watched Kai.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I admit i fucking lost it at the Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10 Kamehameha at Hit.

Kinda sad about Gohan. I have really got back into Dragonball as a whole lately, I play the stupid phone game and I am about 1/2 way through original Dragonball right now.

I'm actually glad they went the road they did with Gohan, he was always a bitch about fighting when he was a kid so it makes sense in terms of character development. also it would be a bit bland if all the characters were fighting maniacs who spent their entire lives training. I thought the episode with him and Trunks getting together was great because it was able to highlight both how Gohan is different from the pure saiyans and show us what Trunks is fighting for.

side note it's really annoying that they changed Trunks hair color.

radditsu

I'm actually glad they went the road they did with Gohan, he was always a bitch about fighting when he was a kid so it makes sense in terms of character development. also it would be a bit bland if all the characters were fighting maniacs who spent their entire lives training. I thought the episode with him and Trunks getting together was great because it was able to highlight both how Gohan is different from the pure saiyans and show us what Trunks is fighting for.

side note it's really annoying that they changed Trunks hair color.

Look Pan is going to get hurt, Gohan is going to go ape shit, he will lose at the last second so Goku can beat the bad guy.

I am also 100% sure Trunks is going to go blue at some point. He is the closest power level to The best buddy squad now.

Next episode Vegeets is going to Train Trunks! SO HYPE!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Look Pan is going to get hurt, Gohan is going to go ape shit, he will lose at the last second so Goku can beat the bad guy.

I am also 100% sure Trunks is going to go blue at some point. He is the closest power level to The best buddy squad now.

Next episode Vegeets is going to Train Trunks! SO HYPE!
I'm thinking they're actually setting up to Vegeta to be the hero here. something about him fighting for his family now instead of just himself. plus Black Goku apparently knows all Gokus moves now and no one knows Goku better than Vegeta. then again this could be wishful thinking as Vegeta is long overdue for his time in the spotlight.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Krillin will get wrecked to fuel the abridged future krillin count, Vegeta will fight first and get wrecked, Goku will fight next and do better than Vegeta(face it, after blue+kao happened, Vegeta's wang inverted) and lose. Now with the power of friendship on his side and his renewed desire to train - The hybrid style of kao and mystical powered Ichigohan will unleash his masenko tenshou at Black for the 1 hit finish and be the victor.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They keep referring to him as Trunks from the future, I get that, but wasn't it established back in the day that Trunks was from an alternate time line entirely? ie, the different colored hair?

Haha poor dude originally comes from his already fucked timeline to the past, helps them with their version of Cell and the Androids, goes back to his still-fucked up future timeline, only to have Black attack and wreck even more shit?

Or am I fucking this up?

radditsu

They keep referring to him as Trunks from the future, I get that, but wasn't it established back in the day that Trunks was from an alternate time line entirely? ie, the different colored hair?

Haha poor dude originally comes from his already fucked timeline to the past, helps them with their version of Cell and the Androids, goes back to his still-fucked up future timeline, only to have Black attack and wreck even more shit?

Or am I fucking this up?

Yep, alternate trunks timeline continues to get blowed up.

Krillin will get wrecked to fuel the abridged future krillin count, Vegeta will fight first and get wrecked, Goku will fight next and do better than Vegeta(face it, after blue+kao happened, Vegeta's wang inverted) and lose. Now with the power of friendship on his side and his renewed desire to train - The hybrid style of kao and mystical powered Ichigohan will unleash his masenko tenshou at Black for the 1 hit finish and be the victor.

Vegeta carried the tournament, and probably made a planet full of super saiyans happen in universe 6. Fuck goku didnt even WIN against Hit. He also has been stronger than goku for this full run up until this kaioken stuff.

Vegeta is pulling baller moves right now. But the show is always, always, always, always, goku beats the bad guy, Except the one time it was Gohan.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
New episode was pretty good. I like how Vegeta's idea of "training" is beating the shit out of his son. Leaked episode titles indicate that Goku and Black Goku are going to be fighting again in a few episodes. When will Vegeta get his moment!?!?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its a shame Vegeta doesn't get more respect, considering Goku is a total douchebag to the people around him.

radditsu

New episode was pretty good. I like how Vegeta's idea of "training" is beating the shit out of his son. Leaked episode titles indicate that Goku and Black Goku are going to be fighting again in a few episodes. When will Vegeta get his moment!?!?

Trunks Faking Ultra SSJ just to get Vegeta slightly overconfident to try to get that quick punch in is great! I think 100% they are going to Blue Trunks, since this is an arc rehash of the Cell Saga they may have him beat Black as a stand in for Gohan. I also kinda hope he just sticks around for the rest of the series. Goku shouldn't be fighting black at all since he steals his fighting styles and power.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Trunks Faking Ultra SSJ just to get Vegeta slightly overconfident to try to get that quick punch in is great! I think 100% they are going to Blue Trunks, since this is an arc rehash of the Cell Saga they may have him beat Black as a stand in for Gohan. I also kinda hope he just sticks around for the rest of the series. Goku shouldn't be fighting black at all since he steals his fighting styles and power.
It was pretty cool that they referenced those old forms, I didn't see that coming. Goku Black supposedly has a form "Super Saiyan Rose" that we'll see in a few episodes. My guess is Goku's tendency to fuck around and draw out fights is going to fuck them over versus Black since he seems to get continually stronger from fighting like a Saiyan but at a much accelerated rate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where are you all watching this? I haven't sought out episodes from actual TV in like 5 years