Dragon Ball Super

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The only reason Gogeta didnt appear and beat buu is because the movie was in production, and did not want the two endings to be similar. There is nothing preventing them from using it.

I am really impressed with the episode, even though zamasu was playing with him Super Saiyan 2 Trunks is pretty strong, much more in line with the Super manga, who had him even with SS3 goku. Trunks has a ton of room of growth and I hope they keep it going.

Super Saiyan blue is officially the suck now tho. In the show (not the movies) blue has constantly got its ass kicked.

Wait, where did you hear that part about them originally wanting Gogeta to show up to beat Buu? Are you sure you aren't confusing Vegito with Gogeta?

Gogeta isn't real, he wasn't created by Akira Toriyama. He's not in the manga. This is what I mean by "not canon". He was made up by people who aren't the author for anime filler. This current series of Super is adapted from the manga by Toriyama. There's plenty of good reasons preventing them from using Gogeta, lol.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wait, where did you hear that part about them originally wanting Gogeta to show up to beat Buu? Are you sure you aren't confusing Vegito with Gogeta?

Gogeta isn't real, he wasn't created by Akira Toriyama. He's not in the manga. This is what I mean by "not canon". He was made up by people who aren't the author for anime filler. This current series of Super is adapted from the manga by Toriyama. There's plenty of good reasons preventing them from using Gogeta, lol.

Jesus christ it seems like every dragon ball fan is a fucking sperg sometimes. They didnt want a fused character to beat the big bad the same way as the movie. It was put on a fucking page, it doesnt matter, they can bring it back. "not canon" in regards to dragonball is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Toriyama barely remembers super saiyan forms anymore. There wasn't a super saiyan 2 trunks except video games until a few weeks ago. ANYTHING can be used in this. I half expect useless ass Xenoverse Trunks to show up at some point.

Canon in dragonball....Jesus christ what an idiot argument. Nothing is canon, everything is canon. up is down. down is up. It has never or never will have consistency. Super Saiyan 2 trunks shouldnt have been able to punch or take a kamehameha from black/zamasu. Yet here we are!

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There only being a level 2 Trunks in video games up until now isn't exactly an inconsistency though, I mean he wasn't going to go level 2 in the arc where he originally appeared, because that was kind of how Gohan became the hero of the whole thing and saved everyone by beating Cell. He's been gone now for years and years and years, so it's perfectly acceptable to believe in that time he figured out how to at least go level 2 - I mean, his younger self in this dimension figured it out even quicker than that. If it annoyed you that they made it up years earlier in video games, well yeah, that kind of shit is annoying - because it's not canon. My entire argument.

And as far as Super Saiyan 2 Trunks taking the blow from someone way out of his level was something they mentioned on the side in the manga, but I don't believe it made it into the anime, which kinda irked me because it's sort of important.

In the manga, at least, when Trunks first got back and originally showed Goku what he could do, he powered up to level 2, and Vegeta made the comment that Trunks' Level 2 was at a power level stronger than Goku's Level 3, and Trunks made some snarky comment about how he powered up over the years but never bothered with the whole transformation side of it. So while in the anime didn't make much sense it did at least have some sort of a base of explanation from the original source, albeit not included.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but it's never really seemed THAT inconsistent at times. Annoying with all the power ups, and keeping track of shit like that but for the most part i'd like to think it makes sense and everything has an explanation. I've seen much, much, much, much worse inconsistencies in other animes/mangas.

radditsu

There only being a level 2 Trunks in video games up until now isn't exactly an inconsistency though, I mean he wasn't going to go level 2 in the arc where he originally appeared, because that was kind of how Gohan became the hero of the whole thing and saved everyone by beating Cell. He's been gone now for years and years and years, so it's perfectly acceptable to believe in that time he figured out how to at least go level 2 - I mean, his younger self in this dimension figured it out even quicker than that. If it annoyed you that they made it up years earlier in video games, well yeah, that kind of shit is annoying - because it's not canon. My entire argument.

And as far as Super Saiyan 2 Trunks taking the blow from someone way out of his level was something they mentioned on the side in the manga, but I don't believe it made it into the anime, which kinda irked me because it's sort of important.

In the manga, at least, when Trunks first got back and originally showed Goku what he could do, he powered up to level 2, and Vegeta made the comment that Trunks' Level 2 was at a power level stronger than Goku's Level 3, and Trunks made some snarky comment about how he powered up over the years but never bothered with the whole transformation side of it. So while in the anime didn't make much sense it did at least have some sort of a base of explanation from the original source, albeit not included.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but it's never really seemed THAT inconsistent at times. Annoying with all the power ups, and keeping track of shit like that but for the most part i'd like to think it makes sense and everything has an explanation. I've seen much, much, much, much worse inconsistencies in other animes/mangas.

I just dislike the fact that the fandom is so specifically tied in with the minutae of the series they do not see the bigger picture. Look no closer than Gotenks if you want to see something wildly inconsistent in regards to the series. Or everyone's favorite failure of potential Gohan. Gohan was the closest to godly ki in the series, and now he had a baby and can barely super saiyan. and even in the series going from "piccolo train me!" to "ehh fuck it". The series is not consistent. Has never been consistent. So if you think that a vegeta/goku fusion wont happen because "canon"? I take no stock in canon.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
See, again, there's a reason behind Gohan becoming such a vagina too. Akira wanted Gohan to take over as the main character when Goku sacrificed himself to kill Cell - however, it bit him in the ass, because the fan response to the notion of Gohan becoming the lead and Goku staying dead was so negative, he had to back track and fix that shit. Enter Buu Saga, where he tries to make Gohan a grown up decent character, but all in all he felt like he was just simply a clone of Goku, and overall too similar a character to keep that up - enter Vagina Nerdboy Gohan.

Or so I heard.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don't understand why people have such a problem with Gohan not fighting anymore. Even when he was a kid he was a total pussy and never really wanted to fight unless someone really pissed him off. He doesn't thrive on it like Goku and Vegeta, so why would he keep pursing it as an adult? It wouldn't make sense for him to. Not to mention the series would be pretty bland if all characters were just juiceheads hell bent on fighting like Goku and Vegeta.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Jesus christ it seems like every dragon ball fan is a fucking sperg sometimes. They didnt want a fused character to beat the big bad the same way as the movie. It was put on a fucking page, it doesnt matter, they can bring it back. "not canon" in regards to dragonball is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Toriyama barely remembers super saiyan forms anymore. There wasn't a super saiyan 2 trunks except video games until a few weeks ago. ANYTHING can be used in this. I half expect useless ass Xenoverse Trunks to show up at some point.

Canon in dragonball....Jesus christ what an idiot argument. Nothing is canon, everything is canon. up is down. down is up. It has never or never will have consistency. Super Saiyan 2 trunks shouldnt have been able to punch or take a kamehameha from black/zamasu. Yet here we are!
I'm on the fence about whether Goku and Vegeta are going to use fusion here. On one hand they've made the point previously that they don't want to or like to fight together. On the other hand, they went out of their way to point out what happens if you wear the Potara earrings on separate ears, and Black and Zamasu just happen to being wearing one each, so I think it's a foregone conclusion that they will fuse at some point. At that point who knows what happens. However in general the fusings by the heroes were always a kind of lame deus ex machina so I kind of hope it doesn't show up again.

radditsu

I don't understand why people have such a problem with Gohan not fighting anymore. Even when he was a kid he was a total pussy and never really wanted to fight unless someone really pissed him off. He doesn't thrive on it like Goku and Vegeta, so why would he keep pursing it as an adult? It wouldn't make sense for him to. Not to mention the series would be pretty bland if all characters were just juiceheads hell bent on fighting like Goku and Vegeta.

Honestly? Because we spent 200 episodes waiting for him to realize his full potential. Goes through the best transformation in the series when he fights cell. Then he immediately slides back into irrelevance. Then gets a big fake out fighting buu then nothing. Gohan was the B plot of the series. Plus now he is a Dad who COULD save the world protecting his family and just refuses to do it. It goes against what i think most people would do to protect their family. You would think Goku dying repeatedly would motivate him to be a protector of the world. Even in the Frieza arc Goku was too far away to do anything until it was almost too late. I GET that he is all soft because he loves his kid, but sometimes the best thing you can do for your kid is to be the very best at the potential you can be.

Either way I think he will come back at some point. Apparently it doesn't take much to close the gap anymore.

radditsu

Get fucked son.

The Kid Trunks/Future Trunks stuff was great in the episode.

Link is embedding at 19s instead of 19m. So i stopped. But Beerus is fucking great.

Edit: Fixed it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Where the hell are the subs? The subbed episodes are coming out slower and slower these days.

The manga shows some backstory to Black that was not mentioned in the anime. He says, "Finally I have found a timeline where Beerus isn't in." after showing up during Buu Saga (Trunks defeating Dabura).

radditsu

Where the hell are the subs? The subbed episodes are coming out slower and slower these days.

The manga shows some backstory to Black that was not mentioned in the anime. He says, "Finally I have found a timeline where Beerus isn't in." after showing up during Buu Saga (Trunks defeating Dabura).

Ehh I just look for the paper translation and do it side to side.

Next episode: We just go back to fucking fight again even though we just lost.

Goddamn I love Dragonball.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah not only that, but Zamasu also killed every other Supreme Kai from every other universe in that time line, so not only is there no Beerus, there aren't any other gods of destruction either.

An important point they should have worked into the anime, at least for a side-mention, imo.

radditsu

Yeah after the flashback stuff we get in the show we really need a trunks/dabura to black arrival special. I am not sure if the Ressurection F extended is going to go that deep into it. I have also realized lately I really love the super song intro. I hummed it all day.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
great episode. Trunks punking Future Trunks for being a pussy was sweet. so was Beerus blowing away Zamasu.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
first half of this episode was pretty slow but it got pretty interesting towards the end. i'm guessing that the timeline that existed before Future Trunks intervened in the one we see was where Zamasu swapped bodies with Goku. anything else would be too convoluted. i really don't want this saga to end any time soon it's pretty damn good. really hope it drags on a lot longer. i thought it was interesting how Bulma came along with them to the future. that makes me think something will happen to her that will enrage Vegeta and result in him reaching a whole new level of power, kind of like what's hinted at when Beerus slaps Bulma.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I wonder if alternate future zamasu rezzed the zamasu of the present? Since I guess he wants to kill himself when all other mortals are dead and leave his pure god past self in charge?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I wonder if alternate future zamasu rezzed the zamasu of the present? Since I guess he wants to kill himself when all other mortals are dead and leave his pure god past self in charge?
For the story to make some amount of sense, the Zamasu from the timeline where Future Trunks didn't appear while retreating from Black Goku would have had to travel to Future Trunks' timeline after changing bodies with Goku in that timeline. He would have to have learned of Goku's power from watching the U7/8 tournament then killed Gowasu, changed bodies with Goku, killed Goku and abandoned that world for Trunks' out of fear of Lord Beerus in his quest to make a world with no mortals. (Beerus is dead in Trunks' timeline)

radditsu

So from what i just saw (sorry been busy) he literally just swapped/wished to have his heart in goku's body right?

Aka the goku that died of the heart virus.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trunks is supposed to go batshit crazy in the next episode and unleash a new power, and Vegeta has a battle with Black in the episode after that, probably both caused by Bulma getting hurt. (I would assume killed, but another article made the point that we've already had the dramatic scene of Future Bulma dying in front of Trunks, and to have another moment like that with a different Bulma would really be...lame.)