Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Whats a good controller to buy for this game? The PS4 controller is having issues with the left stick when clicking it and the trigger buttons seems to be giving out. Xbox elite controller 2 popped up but at 200 bucks it felt a bit much. Bluetooth prefered but not sure if its worth it?

8bitdo pro 2 is what I use. It has Bluetooth or you can wire it. It’s the best Bluetooth controller I’ve used, others I’ve tried have noticeable lag. It’s a really nice controller, you can remap any button to anywhere with its software. Set up multiple different profiles for multiple systems. It has one pair of rear buttons.

8BitDo Pro 2 Bluetooth Controller for Switch/Switch OLED, PC, macOS, Android, Steam & Raspberry Pi (Gray Edition) - Nintendo Switch
They also have an Xbox wired controller that looks good. It has one pair of rear buttons. It’s not release for another 6-7 weeks though.

8Bitdo Ultimate Wired Controller for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Windows 10 & Windows 11 - Officially Licensed (Black)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think those are the Blue Silver Bracelets. They drop from the asshole Albinauric archers in the Consecrated Snowfield (up around Ordina)

Oh man, I hate those guys so much. They drop some nice-looking armor, so it's top bad they're one of the most obnoxious things to farm. Might not be too bad going back there at a super high level to get bracers though.

20220412_115836.jpg

Also found this head equipment that is nearly invisible and goes with the dress. Adds some meager stats. Now if only there were invisible pants.

On another note, people were talking about the tanking usefulness of skeleton ashes that revive mid fight. What's the best one to level up? I have 4x putrid something or other and 2x skeletal militiamen, that seems to be it for choices.

• 1Like

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Spent another half hour banging my head in her stupid phase 2......realized that you can only freeze pot two times before her resistance goes up too high to interrupt.

I had a flawless phase 1 but used 2 pots for it, got her below half and I reacted in time, watched in horror as she ate that shit and kept on flurrying. Ugh, new plan is to run from the first one and try and be aggressive enough to not let her have more than 2 more fits of rage.

She would be a perfect boss if it wasn't for that one retarded move :(
I'm assuming you're talking about Melania? Go get the falling beast star and L2 spam her dead

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh man, I hate those guys so much. They drop some nice-looking armor, so it's top bad they're one of the most obnoxious things to farm. Might not be too bad going back there at a super high level to get bracers though.

View attachment 407605
Also found this head equipment that is nearly invisible and goes with the dress. Adds some meager stats. Now if only there were invisible pants.

On another note, people were talking about the tanking usefulness of skeleton ashes that revive mid fight. What's the best one to level up? I have 4x putrid something or other and 2x skeletal militiamen, that seems to be it for choices.
There’s some great shield skeletons that have five, found in nokron.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220412_122158.jpg

Last time I was on I think I got trolled. Summoned to help and there was no invader, or maybe they were hiding out in the swamp somewhere. So we all sat there for like five minutes before leaving. I keep the blue ring on so I get summoned to kill invaders, which is fun and gains Rune Arcs. Don't have much else to do until I commit to Journey 2.

This is a nice katana lineup, in any case.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had to come through big dick style with the fire greatsword, finally downed the tree sent and Margit. Lvl 32 now and I dont think about quitting anymore haha. I can actually do some real damage now.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Had to come through big dick style with the fire greatsword, finally downed the tree sent and Margit. Lvl 32 now and I dont think about quitting anymore haha. I can actually do some real damage now.
For you newer guys don’t discount using consumables to buff yourself before a fight. Grease for your sword, make sure you’ve used the baudikins blessing item from fia so you don’t have the hp debuff, poison daggers to start the fight can be helpful. You know they’re poisoned once the gain a poison cloud around them. Crystal daggers for imps and cat statues makes them crazy and attack each other instead of you. Poisoning poison enemies overloads them and makes them explode. Running bosses into hazardous terrain like the poison explosion swamp. Making other enemies fight them, like octopuses versus crabs. Charming summoned adds.

There’s different ways to approach things if you look at their surroundings. There’s even very obvious cheese methods, sometimes on accident. I ran up an elevator once just trying to get past a crucible knight in stormveil. He got on too so I bailed, he stayed on too long and fell to his death chasing me.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
For you newer guys don’t discount using consumables to buff yourself before a fight. Grease for your sword, make sure you’ve used the baudikins blessing item from fia so you don’t have the hp debuff, poison daggers to start the fight can be helpful. You know they’re poisoned once the gain a poison cloud around them. Crystal daggers for imps and cat statues makes them crazy and attack each other instead of you. Poisoning poison enemies overloads them and makes them explode. Running bosses into hazardous terrain like the poison explosion swamp. Making other enemies fight them, like octopuses versus crabs. Charming summoned adds.

There’s different ways to approach things if you look at their surroundings. There’s even very obvious cheese methods, sometimes on accident. I ran up an elevator once just trying to get past a crucible knight in stormveil. He got on too so I bailed, he stayed on too long and fell to his death chasing me.
Don’t forget: if you put your thumb in your asshole you do double damage.

• 1Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I ran into that motherfucker of a knight right before Renalla's elevator with like 2 health flasks left. I stepped up, took a couple swings, immediately realized I would be demolished within the next two seconds, and sprinted to the elevator. He chased me over there and snapped into his fancy I'm-going-to-murder-you-now-with-the-speed-of-1000-angry-hummingbirds ballet pose, and proceeded to saunter his merry way right into the open shaft.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I had more trouble with the fucking flower move, I’d struggle to unlock targeting fast enough to run out of its range.

That was my biggest issue with that bitch. Kept getting to phase 2 fairly easily just to get immediately one shot every time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That was my biggest issue with that bitch. Kept getting to phase 2 fairly easily just to get immediately one shot every time.

In this club. Once I figured out you can just fucking run away from it I killed her on the 3rd attempt after

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Don’t forget: if you put your thumb in your asshole you do double damage.
I didn’t even realize that was a thing. I’ve never played with my thumb outside my asshole so never noticed.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And here I thought it was try finger but hole.

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

Weird, I find this is her easiest move to dodge. Roll right before she touches the ground, then run away from the ground AoE. Her phantom dancer attack, meanwhile, is something I never learned to dodge. I eventually just summoned two dudes to help me gangbang her because I was sick of it.

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Weird, I find this is her easiest move to dodge. Roll right before she touches the ground, then run away from the ground AoE. Her phantom dancer attack, meanwhile, is something I never learned to dodge. I eventually just summoned two dudes to help me gangbang her because I was sick of it.

It doesnt matter which direction you roll, you have to time it right. But you can literally just run away from even the dive. Delayed attacks like that are usually what people struggle the most with, especially in Hangtime Ring.

By the way, if you're getting through her phase 1 easily. If you can manage to avoid the damage from the dive + bloom you can just run in and start beating on her and just accept the scarlet rot status. You can take her to like 25% hp in phase 2 that way before she even starts attacking. She takes shitloads of damage while she just stands there in the scarlet rot cloud.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
WTF is happening here? I went to add 1 point of Dex while using a C scaling Dex weapon and it goes from 263 to 470?

Points after this one looked normal, adding like 4-6 points of damage.

1649814834074.png