EQ Never

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not that man. I was more of making a statement in regards to WoW itself not a new IP. Above all I'm obviously more of an EQ guy. That's why I post here mostly. Wildstar isn't what I'm looking for at this point or I would of played the beta when I had the chance.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Except the combat is insane.
From when I played the game, it's really no different from GW2 or WOW. The telegraph areas are so wide most of the time you just have to be basically facing in the right direction. You're almost always doing that anyway.

It's not insane in any way possible.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Except the combat is insane.
Yeah gotta agree with draegan on this. But I don't find WoW combat insane. I find doing WoW combat while doing the newer high end raids insane some. I admit that.

To be fair, I play a DK and regardless, other than understanding one proc in one spec, it is one of the most idiot proof but somewhat spammy classes.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
I can't see them giving system level access to players in a live world. I mean come on, who wants to be running across the Karanas only to come across a cock shaped house, or a cock shaped group of trees, or groups of mobs standing around in a cock shape, or a mob that looks like a cock ...

The only way to stop that would be every time you submit some assets to the world, it gets queued up for approval before getting placed. I'd rather any player made stuff to be just instanced away, I'll go look at it if I want to on my own terms.
Dude - take it from me bro - as a totally hetero dude - you are wicked into cock.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if you're following the game, but Wildstar has everything you could possibly want (and more) if you loved vanilla WOW. Longer leveling curves, 40 man raids motivated by epeen armor weps. Quest based leveling. etc.
I call bullshit, classes have completely separate weapon types so Wildstar will never have a paladin going full retard with a max DKP bid for a Spinal Reaper.

THAT was vanilla WoW, which was the evolution of Everquest's ALL/ALL.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Arcanite Reaper was awesome. Not even the latest Disney lightsabers in WoW impress me compared to seeing the first one of those crafted in our guild and murdering people with it. Felt the same about my Heartseeker I crafted.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
I call bullshit, classes have completely separate weapon types so Wildstar will never have a paladin going full retard with a max DKP bid for a Spinal Reaper.

Meaning you prefer tighter restrictions on items?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate

That's pretty specific there. Ok you win.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Why is it that I know this is true, but refuse to believe it? I just want my childhood (EQ) back
frown.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To be fair, that dude took a steaming shit on your childhood too. After re-watching the A-Team, Knightrider, GI Joe, and transformers, I was ready to take a steaming shit on mine too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Remember, SoE didnt even make EQ, like was mentioned in the little venting article. They bought it from Verant.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Translate that into: Everyone should wait until they get a hands on themselves aside from canned demos at a gaming convention in controlled environments.
Smed has promised a playable alpha/beta of the game, not a demo for SOE Live. We shall see.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Remember, SoE didnt even make EQ, like was mentioned in the little venting article. They bought it from Verant.
I would say that rant covers about every company in the industry. Save Ken Levine.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Their last game, Planetside 2, was Ok, not great but OK. They could of made it even greater and better, just by copying more of what made PS1 great. Namely the meta game. So there is some hope. My only hope for this is that its different, or so they have been saying, we shalt see. But there is the other side of me that is cautious as well. But all will be revealed, folks, well even get to play it before it goes live, hopefully.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm still holding out hope becuase they seem to understand it was the player experiences that really made EQ so great. They've thrown around all the right buzz words, like emergent gameplay. We'll have to see how they implement it, though. My hopes are that they give the players the tools to really make the game interesting. And I'm not necessarily saying dungeon makers (which I'd personally prefer not to see), but perhaps player-made quests, bounties, towns, etc. I think the entire game should be designed around making players interact with and against each other.

But we'll see what happens. It's too late to throw around cool ideas, the ship has sailed for core design changes. We'll see if it's as good as they think in just a few days.