EQ Never

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
First I read no trinity then I go down to the hotel bar to drown my sorrows and I run into a fucking tranny, what fresh hell is this?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Whoa, no Velious type factions?
frown.png

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well there's lots of room in the middle.

If you cut collecting bear ass tasks to a town-square type poster board affair that negates a lot of the need for the symbols. If you have handcrafted areas with NPC's who have an obvious and distinguishable function, that cuts down a lot on it too. That master shipwright might be looking for some special wood if you go talk to him. Heh. Special wood.

But if you just make a city map and toss in 200 NPCs with generated names, you do tend to need the symbols because no one knows what the fuck is going on. Or cares. Because really nothing is going on besides there's 200 random NPC's who do different random shit and none of it makes much sense anyway.

I just mean there is an area there where it can be mainly intuitive. Holy crap, if RuneScape can do it I hope that SOE can manage.
Yea, I'm being won over a little by some of the what-ifs, but it all comes down to execution. I still think there is a place for the symbols. Getting all ideological about the ! is silly, and they've walked that path before.

I'm betting the map will be rife with symbols sooner or later even if they're not floating over an NPC's head. The percentage of people that will enjoy walking in a westerly direction until they find some dynamic content that appeals to them seems like it would be low.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
If every MMO is gay as fuck like all these lately, I guess I must just not be this "genre" that loves it so much. What a fucking let down all you bitches that wanted to see tears here you go /tears about to delete this fucking bookmark.
Holy shit, too much sand and vagina in this post...

Sounds like "walk into a inn, hear some guy at the bar drinking talking about his lost/stolen goods or his kid/wife kidnapped by XXX". Will be interesting how its handled, do they still allow some kind of journal so you can keep track(quasi quest log) but not paste the quest onto the UI etc.

Though everything will be mapped out and datamined rather quickly, so if you want item that gives awesome_ability_01, you go look it up to see where it comes from.

Gw2 also has no raids, and there dungeons are so fucking subpar of any AA MMO don't even get me started, they spin it to all you Gw2 mouthbreathers that the reason they don't have raids, as well as real dungeons is that all MMO's that have them the devs have to constantly keep churning out content.

Every time Gw2 devs said that shit, I wanted the game press to then edit the story on Gw2 to say that Gw2 has lazy cheap devs, I also wanted the gaming press to call them out that they cant call themselves as fucking MMO without raids and dungeons.
They are glorified RPG with multiplayer that is it.

They spin it like I said above as well as this way we can make more content for you, fucking puzzles, outfits oh look its xmas time we will have xmas events like all other AA MMO's have for free but they don't fucking call it content.

Sounds exactly like GW2, almost literally and it was laughable to consider healer anything in that game besides everyone having their own heal(their own safety). I guess you could say the guardian was a tank, in regards to it could take more damage.

Maybe it will be different, maybe it wont. Atm though it sounds eerily similar with the same exact buzz words and marketing.
Gw2 also has no raids, and there dungeons are so fucking subpar of any AA MMO don't even get me started, they spin it to all you Gw2 mouthbreathers that the reason they don't have raids, as well as real dungeons is that all MMO's that have them the devs have to constantly keep churning out content.
No fucking shit to all AA MMO's having to churn out raid content, world bosses, new dungeons, zones but that is why most of us play mmos.

They spin it like I said above as well as this way we can make more content for you, fucking puzzles, outfits oh look its xmas time we will have xmas events like all other AA MMO's have for free but they don't fucking call it content.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
No straight healing classes just means this game is going to be straight nub. Thats all there is too it. Warriors are going to heal themselves? wtf?
I admittedly hate the very fact that this came to be in any game. They could have kept it like EQ1 and require CC, good healing, good pulling and things would be golden. Nothing like EQ2 and WoW where you could pull packs of mobs and just AE shit down np.

I like alot of the concepts, and i like how the world sounds on paper. However when it comes to raiding, this shit sounds like a disaster of epic proportions waiting to happen. Raiding, even with how the mechanics sound on paper is a huge turn off. I could see the dungeons being ok moderately so long as they arent the absolute aids infested dungeon types of GW2.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I admittedly hate the very fact that this came to be in any game. They could have kept it like EQ1 and require CC, good healing, good pulling and things would be golden. Nothing like EQ2 and WoW where you could pull packs of mobs and just AE shit down np.

I like alot of the concepts, and i like how the world sounds on paper. However when it comes to raiding, this shit sounds like a disaster of epic proportions waiting to happen. Raiding, even with how the mechanics sound on paper is a huge turn off. I could see the dungeons being ok moderately so long as they arent the absolute aids infested dungeon types of GW2.
Even PvP wise shitty games like Darkfall realized that hybridization didn't make for fun gameplay, which is why they encouraged specialized roles like Healers in their reboot.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
WoW where you could pull packs of mobs and just AE shit down np.
That's NuWoW :p

Avoiding patrollers, CCing healers, pulling around corners, focused DPS on a specific mob, etc. all used to be very standard fare for WoW. It went out of style rapidly during the LK expansion.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds exactly like GW2, almost literally and it was laughable to consider healer anything in that game besides everyone having their own heal(their own safety). I guess you could say the guardian was a tank, in regards to it could take more damage.

Maybe it will be different, maybe it wont. Atm though it sounds eerily similar with the same exact buzz words and marketing.
I haven't played GW2, so I'm just going on ya'lls description of it. I guess it really depends how it's implemented.

In my opinion, Cloth Casters should take a shit ton of damage, so their tactics should require not getting hit at any cost. Plate Defenders should be able to stand toe-to-toe and take a beating. If this is the paradigm, then I can see it being a bit more successful. Being a tank, or caster, or rogue should have a huge impact on how you approach a fight. It shouldn't* just be Tanks can take slightly more damage.

Hopefully they have the balls to actually make the world dangerous and require consideration of how to tackle challenges through tactics.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Ok so lets get this straight. I have to constantly move around trying to find something to kill. My group logs in the next day and that shit is gone, so then we have to look around for something else to kill that will not be there the next day also. Thats not emergent, thats fucking stupid. So dungeons are going to be moving all the time? Thats an amazing concept, let players have to LOOK for the entrance to a dungeon that is going to be the same mobs but in a different spot all the time. Thats annoying as fuck, and we all know there isn't going to be 3000000 different spots, its going to be ABCD check those locations. Then theres no roles, so anyone can just do whatever. Obviously there's no need for healers, so that means there is no crazy mob damage. Its going to be diablo status just running through mobs and aoeing the fuck out of everything. This game is NOTHING like everquest, and just the name alone they are trying to sell copies of the game that got everyone into MMO's. Theres fucking wizard spires.. but everyone can be a wizard does that make fucking sense at all? Dude I am never getting hyped for a game ever again. I was going to deal with the cartoony shit but this is just too much. /rant over fuck soe I will never play another soe game again.

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
A lot of you just want EQ with new gfx. It is not going to happen in a AAA mmo. That has long been an impossibility because no one will put up the money to develop something that will not have much hope to recoup the cost. What could happen is a small development makes something or maybe they go through kickstarter and get enough to scrape by. Either way, we are not going to be playing another game just like EQ again.

What Next seems to be doing is they're trying to address many of the issues that haunted the devs and players of eq and other mmos. Not everyone is going to like the direction they are talking about taking, but things will have to change. No more playing the UI, you are going to be playing the game and what you actually see occuring in the game. Their ideas are great, but how will they actually implement all the things they are talking about?

I think they are relying a TON on story bricks ai. I have no idea how well that could work, but if it does do what they say it could do then we should all be very happy. Well, except those of you that still want to play vanilla EQ.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Ok so lets get this straight. I have to constantly move around trying to find something to kill. My group logs in the next day and that shit is gone, so then we have to look around for something else to kill that will not be there the next day also. Thats not emergent, thats fucking stupid. So dungeons are going to be moving all the time? Thats an amazing concept, let players have to LOOK for the entrance to a dungeon that is going to be the same mobs but in a different spot all the time. Thats annoying as fuck, and we all know there isn't going to be 3000000 different spots, its going to be ABCD check those locations. Then theres no roles, so anyone can just do whatever. Obviously there's no need for healers, so that means there is no crazy mob damage. Its going to be diablo status just running through mobs and aoeing the fuck out of everything. This game is NOTHING like everquest, and just the name alone they are trying to sell copies of the game that got everyone into MMO's. Theres fucking wizard spires.. but everyone can be a wizard does that make fucking sense at all? Dude I am never getting hyped for a game ever again. I was going to deal with the cartoony shit but this is just too much. /rant over fuck soe I will never play another soe game again.
You seem to think you need to kill random mobs for xp or something. That isn't the case.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That's NuWoW :p

Avoiding patrollers, CCing healers, pulling around corners, focused DPS on a specific mob, etc. all used to be very standard fare for WoW. It went out of style rapidly during the LK expansion.
I played WoW from beta, even before TBC you could pull packs in strath and other zones and AE while tank spun in circles or other random bullshit. Their is no CC w/o a designated utility class to do it.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
No straight healing classes just means this game is going to be straight nub. Thats all there is too it. Warriors are going to heal themselves? wtf?
wtf is right. yet if they made a gemeric mmo with a warrior standing still spamming his aggro rotation everyone would bitch that its another cookie cutter piece of shit mmo. it's not what i imagined so far, and not sure it's really what i want but it does sound cool.

reminds me of dragonNest, which was extremely fun to play but did not have standard mmo longevity, thats my only major concern atm

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
Remember guys, all this we are hearing is just talk. They don't have any of this stuff finished or solidified. They want the players to help develop this game. All the good and bad that could from that.