EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
how many people does it take to run the aoe?
Also how many people get to that?

top .01% of eq is middle 50% of finance.

they could do better

W Wynt for the few smart enough. To do that well they probably already are and that’s side hustle

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

hats

Molten Core Raider
Overall the numbers are still the best of any server 33 days into a servers life. Mischief was avg 2100 at this point and Mangler was 1980 avg 33 days in. Teek did have two large drops in population but the reasons for the population drop is pretty obvious as to why for anyone in the know.

View attachment 534501

how’s Tormax doing?

I put in the forums early on after launch that people might play there if they made soloing more tolerable. Next test patch they put in OOC regen. Sometimes, it feels like they’re reading our posts. Sadly it still wasn’t enough for me to play on Tormax, though.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
how’s Tormax doing?

I put in the forums early on after launch that people might play there if they made soloing more tolerable. Next test patch they put in OOC regen. Sometimes, it feels like they’re reading our posts. Sadly it still wasn’t enough for me to play on Tormax, though.

Tormax is hitting about 210 people a night max on average.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If we're pitching ideas they should put a poll up on Tormax. Have it appear when you log in if you've got more than a couple hours played there. Hey, it's likely this server won't meet the population threshold to avoid being merged. Do you guys want bonus loot/exp? A Selo unlock rate? This ship is sinking but we can play some music for you while it goes under.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I reckon that’s.. playable.. for at least one guild.

Huge barrier to entry though with no groups especially with 1-60 out the gate.

I wonder how long the experiment will last.

Given DB track record with failed severs and how fast they merge them I would guess that it will merge into something else in about 3 years.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1719549310740.png

Kinda curious why there are like 20 people crowded into the Neriak bank...

• 1Picard

Gheed

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Overall the numbers are still the best of any server 33 days into a servers life. Mischief was avg 2100 at this point and Mangler was 1980 avg 33 days in. Teek did have two large drops in population but the reasons for the population drop is pretty obvious as to why for anyone in the know.

View attachment 534501

Thanks for sharing this, interesting to see actual numbers.

I'm not all that surprised that Teek has a much higher player count as a lot of people just didn't give Mischief a try (myself included). I was still on Aradune and as much as I love free trade, I figured the random loot would be a shitshow as Darkpaw very rarely gets stuff right the first time around. A week or so in I watched a couple streams with spite golems shitting out dragon loot or guilds repeatedly spawning picks of fear with golems up that dropped 30 items. Just seeing that kind of stuff was a pretty big turn off and I figured most expansions would be riddled with similar things.

After playing Teek, I get it. Thankfully it seems a lot of the crazy shit has been fixed and the random loot has kept Kunark raids bearable. I am really curious to see how the next TLPs do if they are just another copy/paste like Tormax. Standard EQ might have been ruined for me :I'm Fine:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Standard EQ might have been ruined for me

Also missed (most of) Mischief, and can agree that Teek might be ruining standard EQ for me. The only downside in theory is that when you want to target a specific item it can be lost in the shuffle, but I was also able to get GEB at Efreeti and Guise at Assassin both within a couple spawns.

G Greyman Why picard? Was a legit question. I haven't seen a massive pile of people in any other town's bank. Looked like something weird might be going on. I might just be hypersensitive of any funny business after what happened to Mischief.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Also missed (most of) Mischief, and can agree that Teek might be ruining standard EQ for me. The only downside in theory is that when you want to target a specific item it can be lost in the shuffle, but I was also able to get GEB at Efreeti and Guise at Assassin both within a couple spawns.

G Greyman Why picard? Was a legit question. I haven't seen a massive pile of people in any other town's bank. Looked like something weird might be going on. I might just be hypersensitive of any funny business after what happened to Mischief.

Back in my day questioning negs would get you an avalanche of negs. We've gone soft.

It was also a bit of a dumbass question, I was in cabilis last night and there were about 50 people around the banker/parcel going in and out. There's just a fuckton of people in all these cities.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm WTB a few more things and haven't had time to troll the commons: Greenmist Helm, Rubicite Boots/Arms, Tattered Flesh Veil, Adamantite Epaulets. Send me a message on here if you're selling, or just parcel me. TY

Leon Leon Yeah, you're right. I rarely question negs for that very reason, but for whatever reason questioned that one. And yeah Cabilis' bank is fairly crowded too. Not used to playing on a server with actual people everywhere, I guess.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
City banks are still busy because origin is still widely used and people are bound close to their hunting spots

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Damn, was hoping it would start sometime this weekend. Going to be busy most of the 4th and next weekend, would have been nice to use it more