EVE Online

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm not even sure what PI is. When I cam back my hauler had it's name changed and it had a PI hold.

Google for "Planetary Interaction". It's like afk mining done on planets. My setup was making 10 bil a month with about an hour of upkeep required every 2 days. That's somewhat extreme, though... most people probably don't run that many planets.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Listening to non Americans pronounce Gila on youtube is pretty entertaining.

Jlla-Ah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Or, you can drop a POS in an abandoned hole (there are many) and treat it like a little garden. Plant some POCOs and set up PI, leave a relic site up and kill explorers. Scan out your neighbors and lay an ambush. Run your own sleeper sites when things are quiet. Jspace doesn't have to be a large group experience. Though, this does need at least two accounts to do properly. And one really must be able to fly a blocade runner.

Yes, you could do that, but fuck putting that much effort into it.

Borzak

Opinions on which direction I can go to make somewhat sideways move? I'm heavily invested in Gallente and can fly up thru battleship fully fitted with t2's, full lvl 5 drones, a couple of t2 frigates, heavy assault cruisder full t2 and such.

I want to make a possibly sideays move maybe into some pirate faction ships where some of my skills would apply but maybe open up some other skill paths other than drones. I have no desire to move into capital ships and such. I looked at the rattlesnake and maybe some others but looking a the options so I can train up another race and share "some" skills.

I could invest in a few ships that I could afford to lose up to a billion each fully fitted before it becomes painful, the ship stripping business has been pretty lucrative. Not sure if people are lazy, or they just don't look close enough to realise their modules are worth more than the price of the ship they are selling and the ship itself is a bonus to resell.

Not sure how the free to play thing will work out. Right now it wounds ok but I'm slightly concerned about down the road. I just left a game that is "free to play" and they rank in the top 10 as far as money made in games now and people always make the comment that they spend much more money than non free to play games lol.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Any thoughts on the big announcement yesterday?

Should have done it a while ago, but honestly, at this point in Eve's life cycle, I can't imagine there exists an untapped demographic of people who are interested in a game like Eve but didn't want to play past the 21 day trial due to the $15/mo. By and large, most potential players have heard cool stories about Eve and have likely given it a shot and said "fuck this" when faced with how much actual work it takes to have fun in Eve.

Borzak

I think so to. I don't think the $15/month fee has been a big hurddle. Eve is not a game you play for 2-3 months for a fee/free and get anything out of. I see the biggest appeal to an alt. Train them to 5 million SP for free then decide if you want to pay for that alt to go further.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sometimes i find myself wanting to get back into eve but i really think the game is sorta screwed at this point. CCP seems unable to deliver changes that actually positively effect new eden on a meaningful scale. Eve's biggest issue is perhaps the freedom players have in a sandbox like this. Any new thing just get's exploited and subverted in a way thats simply not possible in mmo's like WoW.

The FTP thing sounds like it could be pretty hilarious with all the alts. No doubt some people will figure out ways to afk isk make on these free accounts and generally abuse them every way imaginable.

I have no doubt your going to have single people making 100s of accounts to put eyes, potential cyno's and trading alts in every system.

Every big "cool" change in the past few years has been a disaster imo.

Jump Changes? On paper it seemed these were cool. In reality they killed the playstyle of many alliances like the last couple i had been in.

t3 Dessys? killed off the dessy-down meta. made entire ship classes (assault frigs) nearly obsolete.

OFC Fozzie sov. What a fucking disaster that was. Dominion had dull grinds and many other issues. but at least had the potential to organically create big, sweet conflicts.

Last edited:

Borzak

Reddit had a preview of some new skins. All white "polar" skins. Not bad. I have to say the majority of skins are almost imposible to preview the differerence in game.

Borzak

The coronation event, they have a fleet of ships with 12 titans sitting around a cathedral. Nothing else going on. Logged, minmater supposed to be heading that way;

Borzak

PWkbXZHr.png

Borzak

I left before the speech was made and all that. I think all that was the honor guard or some such. I went just after they got there. They were there a good part of the day I think and then all the actual coronation started much later.

Borzak

I think they had more going on after I left, they were there most the day. I showed up just after they got there, the thing on the right was temple I guess for the cornation.

Eonan

Doer of Things
6 FAX's for 12 Titans and god knows how many Abaddons. And the Amarr wonder how the Minmatar so easily revolted :D

Edit: (I counted...kind of. It's 300 lol)

Borzak

Must have turned into gank fest after I left, 1,000 ships got destroyed in Amaar yesterday.