Furiosa (2024)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
An uplifting prequel story about the oil refinery people in The Road Warrior where our rag tag team of heroes overcomes many obstacles and eventually takes control of the pump and begins refining their own gas with plans to use it to escape the wasteland. We did it! Everything's going to great from here on out! In the last shot of the film the camera pulls back slowly until we see Wez and his twink spying on the camp with binoculars.

Just fill the movie with one reference after another like that awful Thing prequel so not a single thing is left ambiguous. Answer every question including ones no one had.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crazy idea, but if you guys would just actually see the movie you are all talking shit about, you would be a lot better at talking shit about it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Crazy idea, but if you guys would just actually see the movie you are all talking shit about, you would be a lot better at talking shit about it.

I'll consider giving it a watch next week when it's dumped on to streaming.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I kept trying to think of one, because I have no doubts that movie actually has been made. I'm not entirely sure about the "big buff dudes" part, mostly because I also just haven't watched any of them. But I'm just going to throw out Sex and the City and Pretty Woman as being the two best ones I could think of. I'm pretty sure their entire premise was a shopping fantasy for women.
yep, i think the Pretty Woman movie was just try ons and shopping. i never saw Sex and The City, but it was probably something like that. shopping is like catnip to chicks. there is a shopping montage segment in the original Carrie movie. there are so many cues that women follow in it. Carrie is big with chicks. bunch a mean bitches in that film. i swear my high school was pretty much the same way.

They could have gone with something like Furiosa : A Tale from the Wastelands but in reality just "Furiosa" was fine. They tacked on "Mad Max" in a bit of trickery. It's not quite as bad as doing something like "Nancy : A Freddy Krueger story" and then not having Freddy in it but it's kinda like that. You used a character's name and that character just isn't there.
back in the early 80s they tried something like this with the Pink Panther franchise. Peter Sellers had died, but they still wanted to make Pink Panther movies. so instead of recasting the role. they just made a clip show of previous Pink Panther films and called it. " Trail of the Pink Panther."

It was released for Christmas 1982 and grossed only $9 million – $27,294,248.70 in 2022 dollars ($1,341,695 on opening weekend in 800 theaters; $3,247,458 on opening week) against its $6 million budget.[2] In contrast, the previous film in the series, Revenge of the Pink Panther, had made over $49 million.[7] Nonetheless, it was soon followed by a further Pink Panther film, Curse of the Pink Panther, which was shot concurrently with Trail. That film did not feature Peter Sellers at all (with the exception of some archival voice work, for which he was not given credit) and instead featured Ted Wass as Clouseau's replacement Clifton Sleigh. The latter film was also a critical and commercial disaster.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Oliver Harper did a short review. Usually enjoy his content, that sounds like he was kind of voicing what a lot of you guys are saying.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
It was very good, just not amazing like Fury Road. It felt a bit long but personnally I didn't mind at all, it allowed for some very good visuals and worldbuilding. Not really sure where the girlboss movie complaints are coming from, obviously we know future Furiosa is a badass in Fury Road so it has to come from somewhere, but this story is mostly about her getting abused/kidnapped by men, and the rest is sniping or shooting people and running from fights / using her brain to get out of trouble, so it's not like it's a 90 pound chick kicking the ass of manly men.. in fact she owes a lot of what she becomes in Fury Road to... a man who teaches her how to drive a war rig and be an imperator. The audacity.

Chris Hemsworth was interesting as a villain, the character felt a little more complex than some of the other card-carrying villains in the setting. It was cool to see many Fury Road actors / characters returning.

The soundtrack was pretty good, but nothing felt quite as good as the few parts with Brothers in Arms playing (not loudly enough as was pointed out elsewhere in this thread but still great to hear it, it's so damn good).

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
this is the shot in furiosa near the end after she has lost her arm

GOnT3ScWQAAZBtH.jpg

its a similar shot/spot that opens Fury Road (car is reversed though) which makes it all super weird and confusing, you just gotta roll with it as "mad max has a lot unreliable narration"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Going to see it tomorrow. The usual dumbest people say it's terrible without having actually seen it, so it's probably okay+. Classic FoH stuff.

I expect it to be decent, but not as good as Fury Road, mostly because from trailers it seemed more CGI heavy whereas Fury Road seemed to be almost all practical effects.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I haven't watched a review yet that didn't like it. Drinker liked it, Cinema Snob liked it, RLM liked it, etc.

• 3Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Sideloaded an app I found on YT that has all the new shit and even for free I only watched 22 minutes of this diaster before deciding I will wait for stream releases from the ususual joos.
The whole kidnap act wasn't terrible but it was a bit much exaggerated for my taste.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
this is the shot in furiosa near the end after she has lost her arm

GOnT3ScWQAAZBtH.jpg

its a similar shot/spot that opens Fury Road (car is reversed though) which makes it all super weird and confusing, you just gotta roll with it as "mad max has a lot unreliable narration"

While Mad Max is indeed unreliable legends and narration, this shot in Furiosa takes place years before the start of Fury Road as Furiosa is still quite young at the time and the ending makes it clear quite a few years have passed after what happened with Dementus. I took it to mean that Max has been roaming the area in the past and that she had in fact met him prior to Fury Road without knowing it (she was unconscious and he only took her to the crazy old lady to treat her wounds; not really a spoiler as you know she is missing an arm in Fury Road and the trailers showed her making her prosthetic). It fits well with the character we know that just pops into people's lives, helps them and then goes back into the wastelands.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
in fact she owes a lot of what she becomes in Fury Road to... a man who teaches her how to drive a war rig and be an imperator. The audacity.
Sooo...they retconned her previous origin of only ending up as a driver because Joe raped her enough times without her conceiving to decide she was barren and toss her out of his harem?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Haven't watched this yet, but every review from someone who does reviews I can trust seems to say the same thing. "A really good movie", with possibly the one gripe being "Stop advertising it as a Mad Max saga if you have no Mad Max in it (except possibly that shot at the end)". Sounds like everybody put in a good performance, writing was OK, set pieces were great and spectacular, just not quite "Fury Road" level.

I'll see it once it's streaming somewhere easily accessed or on the high seas.

I think the bigger problem is that we, as a society, might just be "over" the idea of going to movie theaters to see things. That Covid followed by the one/two punch of two strikes, and then the general malaise caused by too many sequels , too much "playing it safe", and too much "formula to print money" just might have mortally wounded cinema as we know it. I'm a huge Dune fan, but still waited for it to be able to be streamed to the massive screen and sound system I have in the next room.

I think the last thing keeping "going to the movies" an experience for me was that the theater near us did funnel cakes.... then Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus got a wild hair and taught herself how to make good funnel cakes... so there is that... heh

• 5Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think the bigger problem is that we, as a society, might just be "over" the idea of going to movie theaters to see things. That Covid followed by the one/two punch of two strikes, and then the general malaise caused by too many sequels , too much "playing it safe", and too much "formula to print money" just might have mortally wounded cinema as we know it. I'm a huge Dune fan, but still waited for it to be able to be streamed to the massive screen and sound system I have in the next room.
That would be my pick as to why it isn't doing well. When 98% of the movies are shit, people assume all movies will be shit and don't bother any more. I would assume people are also tired of dealing with other people and covid got everyone used to skipping that part of life. Why pay $50+ to be annoyed when you can sit at home and watch anything on an 85 inch screen.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Anyone claiming they were tricked and actually feel as though they were tricked is an idiot for not looking at the internet for two minutes before heading out to the theater. Look it up on IMDB, no Max, oh.

That's the problem. No one was tricked...and almost no one watched. I also think Covid really hurt the industry but Barbie did amazing. Oppenheimer, GotG3, Taylor Swift, even Sound of Freedom all did really well just last year. You have to know your audience and you have to sell the right product. As good as a movie as this is, it's selling a story no one really cares about. Who even knew Furiosa existed before 2015? Who after 2015? Who is really the audience for this movie?

I hate it because good movies deserve to be watched and supported but it happens all the time. Dredd, meet your new buddy.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Going to see it tomorrow. The usual dumbest people say it's terrible without having actually seen it, so it's probably okay+. Classic FoH stuff.

I expect it to be decent, but not as good as Fury Road, mostly because from trailers it seemed more CGI heavy whereas Fury Road seemed to be almost all practical effects.
I have not seen anyone give it a bad review. So you might be kind of retarded. Classic FOH indeed.

The only criticism I have seen is it's a bit long and was marketed wrong.

I will definitely see this when it comes to streaming. I used to go to the theater at least once a month but since Covid I'm just over it. I'd rather watch it at home.

• 3Like