Furiosa (2024)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It'll garner a few bucks from me just for the casting. So stunning and brave in this DEI era.

Yes, funding Disney via purchasing cinema tickets to their movies is definitely the right call for someone anti woke, anti grooming, anti DEI

Incredible logic

spronk

FPS noob
i'll always stan for george miller, he just seems like a cool dude. he made this movie when he was 80 fucking years old lol. i learn new stuff about him all the time, like i knew he was an emergency room doctor before he made movies, he lost his film partner (byron kennedy) in a helicopter accident while scouting locations for thunderdome and almost bailed on the project but made it anyways and says he doesn't remember a single thing about the experience he was in so much grief, its also the only movie he's ever done with a co-director.

learned something crazy and wild this week on a podcast, its a bit apocryphal but apparently the only reason fury road exists is because George Miller was originally going to make the 1997 Contact movie but got fired by the studio when he wouldn't commit to a christmas release date. Jodie Foster did some interviews semi bad mouthing him about the whole thing and he started lawyering up to sue WB, rather than have a long lawsuit they offered to give him back all the rights to Mad Max franchise in exchange for not suing. He still had to sue a few years ago because WB claims Fury Road had made zero profit and that delayed Furiosa for years. I gotta check this book out

in 10 years its gonna be interesting for kids, I think if you watch Furiosa FIRST and then Fury Road and know nothing about the IP it would make for a very smooth experience, you get character buildup and then catharsis at the end of Fury Road. In reverse its just not as good. I can see the two movies becoming a cult classic for kids growing up now.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yes, funding Disney via purchasing cinema tickets to their movies is definitely the right call for someone anti woke, anti grooming, anti DEI

Incredible logic
Haven’t you figured out that half this forum is autistic, the other half is retarded, and half again are both autistic and retarded.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Haven’t you figured out that half this forum is autistic, the other half is retarded, and half again are both autistic and retarded.

how many are degenerate furry nonces like you?

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'll always stan for george miller, he just seems like a cool dude. he made this movie when he was 80 fucking years old lol. i learn new stuff about him all the time, like i knew he was an emergency room doctor before he made movies, he lost his film partner (byron kennedy) in a helicopter accident while scouting locations for thunderdome and almost bailed on the project but made it anyways and says he doesn't remember a single thing about the experience he was in so much grief, its also the only movie he's ever done with a co-director.

learned something crazy and wild this week on a podcast, its a bit apocryphal but apparently the only reason fury road exists is because George Miller was originally going to make the 1997 Contact movie but got fired by the studio when he wouldn't commit to a christmas release date. Jodie Foster did some interviews semi bad mouthing him about the whole thing and he started lawyering up to sue WB, rather than have a long lawsuit they offered to give him back all the rights to Mad Max franchise in exchange for not suing. He still had to sue a few years ago because WB claims Fury Road had made zero profit and that delayed Furiosa for years. I gotta check this book out

in 10 years its gonna be interesting for kids, I think if you watch Furiosa FIRST and then Fury Road and know nothing about the IP it would make for a very smooth experience, you get character buildup and then catharsis at the end of Fury Road. In reverse its just not as good. I can see the two movies becoming a cult classic for kids growing up now.

two things i want t to know about Thunderdome. why did they decide on Tina Turner as the big bad? that has to be the most random casting in movie history. and why did the Gyro Captain not recognize his old friend, Max?

Sevens

Log Wizard
I would rather be autistic and retarded than a child diddling pedophile furry piece of shit like you.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
two things i want t to know about Thunderdome. why did they decide on Tina Turner as the big bad? that has to be the most random casting in movie history. and why did the Gyro Captain not recognize his old friend, Max?
Dude she's not a big bad. She rebuilt civilization. Max just came in because his truck and stuff got stolen, and then I just sort of escalated into a bunch of crap because Master blaster was having short man syndrome.

There's nobody that's really the absolute bad guy even the iron bar. He's likable for the first part of the movie but when told to go after Max, he does his stuff.

Literally just rewatch this a few days ago, and I think the ending is wonderful. It shows she respects his principles. Despite the fact that he had been gulagged, still tenacious enough to show back up, she obviously respects that, especially because he's holding a bunch of kids.

After all, Barter Town will rebuild.

And also her song of we don't need another hero, we don't need another way home, which is basically the entire theme of the movie. Max being a reluctant hero, I'm about getting the kids back home. I thought she did a great job in her part.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dude she's not a big bad. She rebuilt civilization. Max just came in because his truck and stuff got stolen, and then I just sort of escalated into a bunch of crap because Master blaster was having short man syndrome.

There's nobody that's really the absolute bad guy even the iron bar. He's likable for the first part of the movie but when told to go after Max, he does his stuff.

Literally just rewatch this a few days ago, and I think the ending is wonderful. It shows she respects his principles. Despite the fact that he had been gulagged, still tenacious enough to show back up, she obviously respects that, especially because he's holding a bunch of kids.

After all, Barter Town will rebuild.
its been a while since ive seen it, but i thought she was the antagonist of the story. i still want to know , why? why pick her? did Miller see her in Tommy as The Acid Queen and decided she was the one for the role? what gives?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
its been a while since ive seen it, but i thought she was the antagonist of the story. i still want to know , why? why pick her? did Miller see her in Tommy as The Acid Queen and decided she was the one for the role? what gives?
I've not ever watched any behind the scene stuff of the movie, but if I had a guess it was because she was big back in the '80s, and she was happy to sign her music onto the film. Like I said, but we don't need another hero song or whatever, we don't need to know the way home, it's the entire goddamn theme of the movie. Maybe George Miller just really liked her album at the time and said hey you know what I'm going to get Tina Turner to star in my mad Max movie. Stranger things have happened.

Got to go and rewatch it it's actually really good. Being much older now I just picked up on a lot of other subtleties but I probably never noticed when I watched it as a kid, and it's a pretty great movie. About halfway through it almost turns into a fairy tale of sorts.

It's definitely a more fun movie compared to any of his other films, more light-hearted I guess.

I think I watched it on max, so go have dinner and sit down and enjoy.

Doctor's orders...😉

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Dei

Siliconemelons

Thunderdome was Miller AND mad max chance to go main stream it was lower rating and Hollywood not Australian film type - Tina Turner was awesome, and honestly so were the main kids.

If you watched and remained awake for the first MadMax you would know why he hesitated killing blaster once he saw he was a retard… it works in back story and if you dont know it works in Max ain’t all broken and bad and still can care.

Master was an a hole. Tina turner was in a rough spot but she was not just a one sided bad guy.

• 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Webcam copy been out since last Friday. Been debating watching it for funzees. I did that for the The Marvels and other flops too.
Yeah, got all excited and it's just one of those telesync things. I don't know why they bother. shit is terrible.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Thunderdome was Miller AND mad max chance to go main stream it was lower rating and Hollywood not Australian film type - Tina Turner was awesome, and honestly so were the main kids.

If you watched and remained awake for the first MadMax you would know why he hesitated killing blaster once he saw he was a retard… it works in back story and if you dont know it works in Max ain’t all broken and bad and still can care.

Master was an a hole. Tina turner was in a rough spot but she was not just a one sided bad guy.
The duel in the thunderdome scene that was climax of first chapter of the movie is still pretty great. I remember seeing it as a kid and was just shocked.

I think it was Miller tying stuff back to the very first film with him and his family being on that farm and there was the big retarded guy running around with them. I wonder whether or not he actually has somebody close to him and his family but might have Downs Syndrome or something, maybe that's why he has those types of people in his films, our little mutoid midgets in the later movies.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

GM: I mean, obviously we knew Tina Turner; she’d done concerts twenty years before in Australia with Ike, and I’d seen an interview with her where she spoke about acting, and I remembered it for a long time. But more importantly [when] we actually wrote the character, as a shorthand way of describing the character we said someone “like Tina Turner” – without even thinking of casting her.

We wanted a woman, we wanted someone whose age was indeterminate, you weren’t sure if she was old or young or whatever; we wanted someone who had a lot of power, charisma, someone who would hold a place like that together – or build it in the first place. And we wanted someone who was a survivor. You know, you felt about her that no matter what happens she’s going to survive it. And then – what we talked about before – someone who basically deep down inside still had a good persona, a good heart.

And as shorthand it was like someone like Tina Turner – it was just a way of describing the character. So pretty soon when we saw the character, we saw Tina Turner. And then [when we started] casting, the first person we spoke to was Tina Turner. She had recorded Private Dancer by then, but it hadn’t been released, and actually while we were shooting the film she started to chart and was doing well. So it was a matter of timing.

Miller and his partner always had Turner in mind for the role when they started preproduction. While I would rank Beyond Thunderdome as the worst of the Max movies, the first 45 mins is pretty good and it is interesting how every single movie is very different from the last for the first 4 movies. You don't get a lot of that nowadays, every franchise movie is basically a bigger badder version of the previous movie. I think Miller tried to do something different with Furiosa too but it didn't quite work.

I never saw it as a kid but buddies who did said Master Blaster was one of their favorite movie characters, lol Its like a combo of Sloth and Willow

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users