Furiosa (2024)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She was still super young when she reached the Citadel and appeared to have escaped into anonymity before Joe would have made her a wife. Joe is a sick, sadist piece of shit, but I don't think it was implied that he was raping pre-teen girls.

After she came to The Citadel she was traded into Immortan Joe's hands to become one of his Wives. He tried to breed with her but she was barren. As a result Immortan Joe gave Furiosa to one of his Imperators who let her ride on the War Rigs and taught her the art of war. When her mentor was killed she took over his command.

That is her original background when it was just Fury Road.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I didn't, show me where I have said I did. In fact I said that I would pass on this movie because I am sick of the girl boss hollywood bullshit.
I just assumed you were a gay fag pedo for posting in this thread. My bad. At least I scored a 100 on chuk.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just assumed you were a gay fag pedo for posting in this thread. My bad. At least I scored a 100 on chuk.
Wha? Everyone thinks you're a creepy weirdo. One step from away from Dogfucker himself. Don't forget you're posting in this thread too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
In Fury Road, I saw Immortan Joe as a pushover bitch who lets his emotions get the best of him. In Furiosa, at least you can see he is unlike his two sons in that he is more a strategist. I still think he is a pansy, but less of such after seeing this movie. Heck, Octoboss was more badass then him

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
  • 2Like

Siliconemelons

Or why do they not blame it on... this is not a popular genera, Thunderdome proved that, Fury Road was an odd fluke and exception.

Again, I personally love Thunderdome and MM1+2 and FR and I most likely will enjoy Furiosa once its out of the movies.

And because I started re-watching Mythica series (for some reason) I would like to point all the mad max fans to Mythica 4 The Iron Crown

If you just want to watch a fantasy style mad max chance type thing - they are in this for most of the movie in a long chase and seige type scenario like ALL of FR, and the end of MM2/TD

If you do watch it and kinda like the world/characters - I would go back and watch all of them- then the final 5th... I would say, you can get the jist of the plot w/o seeing the first - because in each movie, frustratingly, they kinda ret-con and change a few of the main things- it keeps a solid string, but...there are ever changing frays.

1717252717687.png

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw this in IMAX on a whim after having a couple beers with friends. As a long time Mad Max fan I wanted to like this, but JFC they made that an impossible mountain to climb.
  • Out the gate I was distracted by the shitty CGI and 3rd rate green screen. This looks nothing like Fury Road and outright embarassing for a movie like this.
  • Plot holes within plot holes. At times I thought I had missed something, but nope it was just lazy writing and/or editing.
  • We didn't need multiple scenes of chicks being John Wick with a fucking sniper rifle. One was more than enough.
  • I thought Praetorian Jack was an interesting character, but he was hardly in the movie and ended up being a throw away.
  • Way too much time spent on Furiosa as a child and all the stupid shit she goes through. We get it. She was traumatized. Better use of that screen time would have been Jack mentoring Furiosa.
  • Fury Road was entertaining enough that I was able to hand wave away the existance of a secret magical oasis of lesbians, but having the same stupid premise served up again in such a poorly made movie stuck out like a sore thumb.
  • The best part of the movie is a handful of fight scenes that are entertaining as stand alone eye candy.
  • The ending was retarded, lazy, unsatisifying and adbrupt considering the run time of this bomb.
I didn't exactly "hate" this movie, but as a fan of the series I didn't need to watch this one nor would I recommend it to any of my friends.

In short as a movie and character Furiosa is no Mad Max

1717262717603.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review

Burns

The Road Warrior on TNT is part of my childhood (kinda like Shawshank), so it has lapped all the other Mad Max movies a number of times and is leagues ahead.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I haven't seen Mad Max in a real, real long time. I saw it a couple times on basic cable and while I liked it the first time on a future viewing that second act was a drag. That was probably twenty years ago now. I should give it another go.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I haven't seen Mad Max in a real, real long time. I saw it a couple times on basic cable and while I liked it the first time on a future viewing that second act was a drag. That was probably twenty years ago now. I should give it another go.
Mad Max is really just boring through most of the movie. they also had really bad dubbing because for whatever reason, they thought american audiences wouldnt be able to understand Australian english. Road Warrior on the other hand is pure adrenaline. when the casualties start piling up by the end of that film, you realize you had feelings for some of the characters. i felt bad when the chick who looks like she should be in a Def Leppard video gets shot.
iu

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Mad Max is really just boring through most of the movie. they also had really bad dubbing because for whatever reason, they thought american audiences wouldnt be able to understand Australian english. Road Warrior on the other hand is pure adrenaline. when the casualties start piling up by the end of that film, you realize you had feelings for some of the characters. i felt bad when the chick who looks like she should be in a Def Leppard video gets shot.
iu
That's Zhaan from Farscape!

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Movie was good. Theater in IMAX had 4 people total at 7pm on a Monday. Child Furiosa kind of dragged on too much and is probably close to 1/2 the movie. I'd much rather have dialed that shit back and shown the 40 day war instead of cramming it into a 60 second montage.

CGI was rough at some points, but the practical effects were definitely present during some of the scenes that made the first so good. The War-Rig scene was worth the watch and very reminiscent of the first.

If Fury Road was a 10/10, this is closer to a 7.5/10 or so. It wasn't a bad watch and there's one scene that makes the movie worth it, but it's definitely not theater mandatory. I'd just wait until it's streaming.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
2024 was rough for movie theaters, even this year's blockbuster (dune 2) would be ranked 5th on the 2023 list. Maybe Deadpool and Joker 2 will do better.

• 1Like