Furiosa (2024)

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, after watching it (Fury Road) I thought it was... not bad, not great, probably not even all the way to good.

dfd4fee8b212c100e10efb6efe77159a--fury-road-mad-max.jpg
/10

Get your T levels checked pronto

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Get your T levels checked pronto

I can't imagine too many 10-12 year old boys are running around pretending to be furiosa.

Once you get hair on your balls you tend to drop most forms of hero worship anyway. I think you're the one that probably needs some TRT if you're excited by a 90lb chick beating full grown men to death with her calisthenics.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I can't imagine too many 10-12 year old boys are running around pretending to be furiosa.

Once you get hair on your balls you tend to drop most forms of hero worship anyway. I think you're the one that probably needs some TRT if you're excited by a 90lb chick beating full grown men to death with her calisthenics.

We were referring to Fury Road.

Next..

Fucker

Log Wizard
Decent enough flick. Actors all did great. Young Furiosa and ATJ Furiosa had their faces blended together at first. An interesting approach.

Couple big things. World building sucked. It is a wasteland? Too bright and cheery for that. Strange backdrop to all the violence going on. Also, music blew. I don't know why they didn't iterate on the first movie in both departments. Script could have been tightened up. Deleting every other frame in CGI made it look weird, like a stop action of a little kid playing with toy cars.

They could have spent more story on how Furiosa became a badass instead of wasting time on backstory. She got promoted from scrub to praetorian in like 20 seconds. Why? The little RC motor on her cyborg arm is a good example of this. Little weenie thing when it should have been a chainsaw motor.

Impossible to live up to Fury Road, but a decent enough effort.

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thought this was good enough as well. Not as good as Fury Road obviously but I was entertained the whole time. Gave me what I wanted from a Mad Max type movie. Cool cars, lots of action, creative concepts. The CGI was definitely bad though. Hemsworth did his best Tom Hardy impression with that accent.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same. Mad Max girl boss did nothing for me. Certainly didn't make me care about her prequel.
If you watched Fury Road and thought "'it's just a girl boss movie" I humbly think you missed the point about how Miller depicted his Wasteland and how human life is worthless and war ressources (and the scarcity of it) run everything.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wife and I went through all five movies in the past month, watched Furiosa last night. Fucking hell it was bad. The entire thing had ridiculously bad CGI. The super sniper ninja badass at everything was eye roll. So much of it felt like a fan watched Fury Road then made a low budget try-hard fan film.

Some cringe writing and scenes. “Right there is the fifth angel of the apocalypse” lmao. The dude immediately getting a deep super specific meaning of her after seeing her for all of 20 seconds in the middle of a battle. “Idk where you’re headed blah blah but I’ll do whatever I can to get you there”. And he drives half a mile away, stops the rig, and walks all the way back to her to deliver this message, what?

There was some interesting shit like seeing gas town and bullet farm and the interactions between them but everything else was so covered in awful looking CGI and try hard neither of us could do anything beyond laughing and making fun of how shit everything looked. This is the only one of the five I will never watch more than once.

Fury Road
Road warrior
Mad max
Thunderdome
Furiosa

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Echoing that. Felt OK pace wise-- but the scenes didn't have the same pop and bang as the previous movies. First hour went by and I was ready for more, but seems I had already seen the best in that first 1.5h.

CGI escalates in badness, becoming downright terrible at times, to the point of distracting as mentioned above. Must be atrocious in 4k.

Deserved to bomb in theaters.

• 1Like