Girls who broke your heart thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
TheCutlery said:
Relationship over, basically.
Yup. Today at work she wouldn"t even look at me, let alone talk to me. About 3 hours after I get home, I get a text from her saying "I"m going to give my relationship one more try." I replied with "Well, I"m sick and tired of being the nice guy that women just want to be "friends" with. So good luck and good riddance." Now for the past 3 hours she has sent me these texts at a rate of about 1 an hour..

"R u ok?"
"R u ok? if i made you sad im sorry"
"seriously r u ok? r u ever going to talk to me again?"

I haven"t replied to a single one.

Menoman_foh

shitlord
Atta boy..

I get tired of seeing women do that shit to guys too, and you"ve stood up to it for the "nice guys" all around.

Make her suck it up for a while before and if you do anything else

Dis

Confirmed Male
Kirun said:
Yup. Today at work she wouldn"t even look at me, let alone talk to me. About 3 hours after I get home, I get a text from her saying "I"m going to give my relationship one more try." I replied with "Well, I"m sick and tired of being the nice guy that women just want to be "friends" with. So good luck and good riddance." Now for the past 3 hours she has sent me these texts at a rate of about 1 an hour..

"R u ok?"

Good man, it is tough not to respond, but at best she would be stringing you along whether on purpose or not. If you have friends, you need to go out and meet some women. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Kirun said:

"R u ok?"

I"d tell her to learn to fucking spell first. God damn I can"t believe people actually still use TXT speak.

Schezanna_foh

shitlord
Kirun, the friendship at least is over. You did the right thing by laying it out that you had no interest in being her emotional tampon. You want more and she knew it, so aside form a goodbye wtf did she want from you in telling you she went back to the douche she dumped?

eli809_foh

shitlord
Kirun said:

"R u ok?"

A plus side to this is that now since you were a straight dick to her and stopped giving her the time of day has probable made you more attractive to her. Keep being the way you are, and then you will see how her feelings change towards you. Then you can decide what to do from there. Personally i wouldn"t date her, because she has shown how she is. Now drilling her is a different story.

DMK_foh

shitlord
Chicks dont dig "Mr nice guy". Continue to be the way you have been, without being a total asshole. I bet she will want you soon. Then you should hit it, delete the bitches number and upgrade to a better chick. You can already tell she didn"t appreciate you for you when she had you. Imagine in 2 years time? Please... she will have your balls in a jar beside her bed with a chain lock on it. She will abuse your care for her just like she already has.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Today at work she tried talking/engaging with me and I completely blew her off/ignored her. So tonight after work I get these texts..

"i guess ur still upset? does this mean we cant be friends?"

Of course, I don"t reply, and about 2 hours later I get...

"i didnt think u were like this! why r u being such a jerk?"

I"m still ignoring her.

Actually, you are being a jerk. It might get you what you want, it might not, but she really didn"t do anything to deserve you ignoring her. She"s heartbroken, you try to take advantage of the situation, she turns you down, you treat her like shit. Pretty juvenile.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Dr. Funkenstein said:
Actually, you are being a jerk. It might get you what you want, it might not, but she really didn"t do anything to deserve you ignoring her. She"s heartbroken, you try to take advantage of the situation, she turns you down, you treat her like shit. Pretty juvenile.
It isnt treating her like shit if he was up front about how he felt. The simple fact is he isnt initiating contact with her, she is however. There is nothing juvenile about what he is doing, stating otherwise is absurd. Being juvenile, is telling a girl you love her, fuck her, THEN you dont return any of her messages afterwards. Grow up...

eli809_foh

shitlord
Dr. Funkenstein said:
friend-zone.jpg

Dis said:
It isnt treating her like shit if he was up front about how he felt. The simple fact is he isnt initiating contact with her, she is however. There is nothing juvenile about what he is doing, stating otherwise is absurd. Being juvenile, is telling a girl you love her, fuck her, THEN you dont return any of her messages afterwards. Grow up...
Huh? Hitting on someone you call a friend, then initiating an ignore campaign because she didn"t reciprocate isn"t juvenile? WAHHHH! You turned me down now I"m mad!

She"s fucking heartbroken from losing a year long relationship. Now she loses a friend because he"s too much of a fucking pussy to be turned down for a date and still be civil. Boo-fucking-hoo. Juvenile. She"s not dissing him, she just doesn"t want to start a new relationship, which is all she can see coming from going out on a date with a friend. It"s not rocket science.

Ignoring people is juvenile. Grown ups communicate, even if it"s to say "I can"t be "just friends" with a woman I"m attracted to, so I guess our friendship is over".

Divinefactor_foh

shitlord
Originally Posted by Kirun View Post
Yup. Today at work she wouldn"t even look at me, let alone talk to me. About 3 hours after I get home, I get a text from her saying "I"m going to give my relationship one more try." I replied with "Well, I"m sick and tired of being the nice guy that women just want to be "friends" with. So good luck and good riddance."
he already told her he cant be just friends. hes not being juvenile.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dr. Funkenstein said:
She"s fucking heartbroken from losing a year a year long relationship.
I find this hard to believe for a few reasons..

First of all, she dumped him. Second, she texted me about 10 minutes after it happened saying that she had broken up with him. It was something she had been struggling with for a while and she was updating me with EVERY detail. It seemed obvious to me that she WANTED me to know she was about to break up with him. But...he gave her some guilt trip about her being his first love, he"d change, how would anybody ever love him again, blah, blah, blah. She ate it up and came running back, so that"s when I initiated "operation ignore." I told her how I felt both when I asked her out and then again when she said she was getting back with him.

About 30 mins ago she sends me this...

"It doesn"t have to be all weird. When you"re ready i"ll be your friend. I"m not mad or anything"

I love it. I love when girls try to twist it around like it"s your fault and then try to act like they are doing YOU a favor.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Kirun said:
I find this hard to believe for a few reasons..

First of all, she dumped him.
Bro, I"d like to introduce you to emotions. Emotions, this is Kirun. Kirun, this is Emotions.

Also, women.

Kirun said:
Second, she texted me about 10 minutes after it happened saying that she had broken up with him. It was something she had been struggling with for a while and she was updating me with EVERY detail.
I know I"m going out on a limb here, but maybe that was because she considered you a friend? And I"m not saying this to be a dick, but from going through this kind of shitty situation myself many times - there"s a strong possibility that she wasn"t trying to give you hints that she wanted you.

Kirun said:
It seemed obvious to me that she WANTED me to know she was about to break up with him. But...he gave her some guilt trip about her being his first love,he"d change, how would anybody ever love him again, blah, blah, blah. She ate it up and came running back, so that"s when I initiated "operation ignore." I told her how I felt both when I asked her out and then again when she said she was getting back with him.
Dude, I feel for you, but this is pretty fucking common.TONSof women can sit there and tell you about their asshole BF and bitch and moan about wanting to breakup, but you know what? They waste years and years with some sack of shit, thinking that they can "change" them. And they do love them, but they can"t get over being hopeful, or thinking that they can work things out. She was probably sitting there both hating him, and hot for him. You were probably never going to get any, she was probably never interested in you one bit, at least, as anything OTHER than a friend.

Kirun said:
About 30 mins ago she sends me this...

"It doesn"t have to be all weird. When you"re ready i"ll be your friend. I"m not mad or anything"

I love it. I love when girls try to twist it around like it"s your fault and then try to act like they are doing YOU a favor.
How is she twisting?
- She views you as a friend, nothing more, and needs a shoulder to cry on
- She goes to you for comfort (why I don"t know)
- She talks to you like she would any woman for the most part, gossip + detailed breakup story
- You asked her out, she prob freaked out internally (omg, what?) and turns you down
- She goes back to ex.

You were IN THE FRIEND ZONE man, she was not thinking about you as an alternative to her Mr. Wonderful. Asking her out though, kudos, that takes guts. But honestly, you had to know that there was a good chance that things would go this way, so outright ignoring her is a bit malicious imo. At worst, she was probably being inconsiderate of your feelings, but how much so is hard to tell, and would depend wholly on how she viewed your friendship. If she really viewed you as a nice guy, gay-friend, super friendly guy she"d never consider for fucking, then honestly even expecting her to regard your feelings (for her) might be asking a bit much, because if she isn"t into you, that would just take things into a really creepy spot to be in. Put yourself in her shoes, or imagine being "just friends" with some chick you aren"t attracted to, but who would be willing to take things to the next level.

You don"t need to be a dick and ignore her altogether, there isn"t any point in making her an enemy. Just be honest. Tell her you don"t think you can make yourself emotionally available, as a friend, when she"s with a guy that she"s been unhappy with. Tell her that while you like her, that you don"t want to be the "gay friend" that she runs to whenever she needs a good cry, because it"s uncomfortable for you, because that"s not fair to you. And it isn"t, but women love fucking doing this anyways. A lot of women like to have all these "guy friends" that they keep around for attention and hugs, but make no mistake, it isn"t anything beyond that. AFAIK, she didn"t lead you on (unless you were reading into things too much), she was just looking to you as a friend. I have a few female friends like this, and I know in my heart that we"ll never get together even though I wouldn"t mind. But once you"re at that point, hang it up. Either simply be happy and really, honestly treat her like any other friend, or if that isn"t going to work out given your feelings, just tell her. Either way though, you aren"t going to get any, unless you are honest with her and leave her feeling like she endangered your friendship, AND she isn"t one of these women that will keep going back for black eye after black eye with the guy.

And also, you work with this chick? There"s a rule about that you know. I wouldn"t ignore her altogether, especially if you are going to see her at work all the time. I"d just tell her how it is, and lay it out for her. I don"t even think it"s something to be mad about, disappointed, yes. Leave her the next move, but I don"t think you"re going to be able to either pursue a relationship with her, or be back in a happy friend zone either.

Also, beer.

K`Lag_foh

shitlord
The King hath spoken...!

A lot of women like to have all these "guy friends" that they keep around for attention and hugs, but make no mistake, it isn"t anything beyond that. AFAIK, she didn"t lead you on (unless you were reading into things too much), she was just looking to you as a friend. I have a few female friends like this, and I know in my heart that we"ll never get together even though I wouldn"t mind. But once you"re at that point, hang it up. Either simply be happy and really, honestly treat her like any other friend, or if that isn"t going to work out given your feelings, just tell her. Either way though, you aren"t going to get any, unless you are honest with her and leave her feeling like she endangered your friendship
I"m going through exactly this with a newish old-friend right now. We knew each briefly from years ago at University and recently met up again as we now happen to live in the same city. To begin with I was sort of interested in pursuing the next level, then I learn more and more about all these "guy friends" who talk to her so much their girlfriends get jealous etc. so I sort of then knew where I stood and accepted the "friendzone". It works pretty well for me as I"m pretty new to this City and need someone to hang out with to meet new people.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Erronius said:
- shoulder to cry on
- She goes to you for comfort
- She talks to you
Oh hey, a relationship without sex. Sounds fun.

You don"t need to be a dick and ignore her altogether, there isn"t any point in making her an enemy. Just be honest. Tell her you don"t think you can make yourself emotionally available, as a friend, when she"s with a guy that she"s been unhappy with. Tell her that while you like her, that you don"t want to be the "gay friend" that she runs to whenever she needs a good cry, because it"s uncomfortable for you, because that"s not fair to you.
This sounds very mature and all....And if your interest was being a well adjusted human being, this would be excellent advice. But you know, I know and most of the people here know that by acting like a true dickhead, his chances of actually getting this chick go up ten fold. Even most of the women on this board that read this (And cringe at that statement), know its true if they look around at the majority of their friends.

Most people are not well adjusted, mature human beings.

Sad but true.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Telling a some random girl you work with and only known for a few months that youre not interested in being "just friends" does not make you an asshole, especially after you where up front with her about your intentions and told her how you felt.

Sure he could go the extra mile and reply to one of her texts or talk to her and reaffirm his previous statement but not doing that doesnt make him and asshole.