GTA V RP

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
All the rules are going to kill that server. Almost all the leanbois are talking about going straight as the police are bitching about them committing crimes and are piling on the minutes in jail. Guess the police just want to cruise around town and not do anything if they drive off the crime guys.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
All the rules are going to kill that server. Almost all the leanbois are talking about going straight as the police are bitching about them committing crimes and are piling on the minutes in jail. Guess the police just want to cruise around town and not do anything if they drive off the crime guys.

ya did you follow the drama today? Anyone who has enough crimes to put them in for 100 months get's locked up until a court date, which only happens once in an IRL week. Even if they went through with that, the problem is no body wants to try to RP a lawyer because all the RP cops are IRL cops, and the owner of the server (the judge) is supposedly a fucking DA IRL. No one would stand a chance unless they were actually a lawyer IRL.

It's unfortunate but it seems they are getting rid of a nice entertaining balance in favor of a 'second life' type server. That's all fine and dandy if it's what they want, it's their shit, but they need to know it's going to split the content creator community when other more lenient servers pop up. Lirik is moving to flappys server, and his interest in this shit is a large reason it blew up so much. I guess if they don't give a shit about donations ect to pay coders and shit to improve the experience.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I saw that, ya know if you are a cop in RL why would you do that in a RP game and have to put up with the same crap? It feels like most of the cops abuse stream sniping as well, not a one around and boom 4 on you in the middle of no where.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Seems the harsher sentences started coming down yesterday, first with Gee and his crew getting hit with 300 minutes late last night, then continuing today with Lirik. I'm generally one that agrees with the cops coming down pretty hard on some of the silly criminal behavior(random/unplanned), but it has it's place and shouldn't be eradicated via insanely long sentences. My bigger issue is with how they handle planned(roleplayed) crime, for instance Gee and his buddies taking nearly 2 hours to get 4 big rigs then try to execute a bank heist with them, only for the whole plan to fall apart before it even started because a cop was patrolling nearby.

With the way SoE is setup it's almost impossible to actually succeed in any situation that the cops arrive before you leave due to their superior weapons/armor and out of character concerns that in fighting back you might "kill" a cop which drastically increases the chance you or your character get deported. Also the rewards for most crime is crazy low...think a maxed out bank robbery gets you 15k, and if you are caught you can end up with a 100k+ fine.

I mean it's like Kiroy said though, it's their server, but I'd hate to see some bad policies end up killing much of the popularity.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Seems the harsher sentences started coming down yesterday, first with Gee and his crew getting hit with 300 minutes late last night, then continuing today with Lirik. I'm generally one that agrees with the cops coming down pretty hard on some of the silly criminal behavior(random/unplanned), but it has it's place and shouldn't be eradicated via insanely long sentences. My bigger issue is with how they handle planned(roleplayed) crime, for instance Gee and his buddies taking nearly 2 hours to get 4 big rigs then try to execute a bank heist with them, only for the whole plan to fall apart before it even started because a cop was patrolling nearby.

Worse than that, it also got fucked because of the horribly buggy/laggy server. Gee is without a doubt the best criminal on the server, in terms of RP. His streams are fucking gold.

I'd hate to see some bad policies end up killing much of the popularity.

At the end of the day though, the server isn't really a "cops vs. robbers" server. I understand why people would want that, but that isn't what the server is.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Apparently lang, saab, mike and bubbles are all banned for robbing a bank with a heli sooo basically rip SoE server.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently lang, saab, mike and bubbles are all banned for robbing a bank with a heli sooo basically rip SoE server.

Yup pretty stupid, Gee has used a heli in back robbery multi times so precedent was set.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like Admins got their heads out of their ass. Lang's ban was reversed.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Admins got there heads out of their ass. Lang's ban was reversed.

Think there is a lot of jelly going on with certain streamers who got lirik bumps and are doing well. This is going to be like a 101 on how to destroy popular momentum which could have been a huge boon to your project.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couldn't agree more. Most regulars on that SOE server have seen dramatic bumps in viewership. Have seen several just in the last few days get a partnership, Not to mention the boon Eli reaped without streaming a single day.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Couldn't agree more. Most regulars on that SOE server have seen dramatic bumps in viewership. Have seen several just in the last few days get a partnership, Not to mention the boon Eli reaped without streaming a single day.

Ya and they could use the popularity / money to really fund coding work on the server for a lot more in game jobs (both legal/illegal) and up the cap on players, but I guess if they want to be a backwater community that's up to them.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
admin post from teh SOE forums:

G8uABoU.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Which cop is fulltilt? The only two cops worth a damn on that server in a RP capacity is Eli and Langley.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
admin post from teh SOE forums:

View attachment 136568

I feel for the admins, this shit completely taking off on twitch has got to be pretty hard to deal with, but they need to learn quick to work within their new found fame or they are going to kill a big opportunity for a lot of people, as well as a big opportunity for content consumers such as ourselves.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Which cop is fulltilt? The only two cops worth a damn on that server in a RP capacity is Eli and Langley.

Honestly most the sheriffs / deputies are pretty good, especially once you watch their streams and see their point of views. It's just some of the administrative rules on sentences / bannings that are fucking people up.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, that's what I was thinking about with my earlier comment, I understand they don't want it to turn into the Wild West, but why not try to find a happy medium instead of implementing rules that basically crush a certain type of activity. Seems like it would be simple to get the ones you feel are going overboard into Discord and work with them on any problems.

Definitely agree about the jealousy, though it's sad to see at least a few of the LEO streamers seem to be fine with these admin decisions even though they've hugely benefited recently. That guy FinKone(Trooper Doyle) who's an IRL detective got enough donations in one day to buy a new 1080 TI and is applying for partnership. Does he really think there's a large amount of players wanting to see him being pithy while writing out traffic violations?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I mean, I gotta agree with the admin post Intropy posted. I didn't know anything about this before this thread and I don't watch the streams now but I know how the internet works enough to know that he's pretty spot on when he says streamers will do some pretty stupid/fake/ooc shit just to get some subs/viewers/donations.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
LMAO. It's hilarious that he's criticizing the RP of "streamers" when guys like Moon, Dimitri, Thad, Athonyz, etc. are pretty much the best RPers on the server.

This dude is a great RPr too. Does high level criminal shit so his planning could take hours, which some might find boring. He also does legit stuff too so as not to get too much heat. I love his voice and character though.

Right now him and his crew are attempting to kidnap the leanboys crew cause lang fucked him over on a job.