GTA V RP

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This dude is a great RPr too.

Yeah, that dude is pretty solid. I still think MrMoonshouse blows everybody out of the water though. His Freddy Price character is fucking amazing and he has probably the best stream intro on Twitch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Gotta love when people make a blanket statement and just assume their opinion is fact. Maybe if this guy would RP more instead of just hopping in and abusing admin powers he wouldn't have such a backlash.

muiy

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure there is some truth in what that admin wrote but I can't possibly believe that the quality of RP on these servers would be better without streamers. Having an audience is where the incentive to do quality RP comes from (for most people). If I owned the server I would remove that admin from his position immediately for saying he's "not a fan of the streamers."

muiy

Molten Core Raider
Though I will say this after watching the Proxy "fuck off" clip again. It is an unfair situation when streamers can break character whenever they want and make OOC comments to their audience, but non-streamers have to stay in character the whole time. Proxy broke character in game to call him out (after he made a comment about doing admin work) and then stopped RPing completely to act aghast to her stream when he broke character a second time. It's a two-way street.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Though I will say this after watching the Proxy "fuck off" clip again. It is an unfair situation when streamers can break character whenever they want and make OOC comments to their audience, but non-streamers have to stay in character the whole time. Proxy broke character in game to call him out (after he made a comment about doing admin work) and then stopped RPing completely to act aghast to her stream when he broke character a second time. It's a two-way street.

Proxy breaking character in game in response to the admin breaking character is the only thing Proxy did wrong, but I believe the issue is people don't typically act shitty to each other OUTSIDE of the game. You don't see Eli, Buddha, Lirik, or anyone else telling someone to fuck off outside of RP. Pretty fucked up. He shows no remorse either. He keeps saying he is sorry about how he dealt with Proxy, but then instantly follows it up with some justification of why he was being an asshole.

I don't see how it is an issue that anyone makes OOC comments to their audience, people on Discord/TS, or people in their daily lives. There is nothing unfair about it. That admin could have been talking OOC with someone on his phone, in his home and he might have been talking that way to someone on Teamspeak if it wasn't down at the time. You're not supposed to talk that way in-game and he handled the situation poorly.

Apparently Fulltilt isn't alone - Don Mario | GTA RP | Shadilay version

muiy

Molten Core Raider
I don't see how it is an issue that anyone makes OOC comments to their audience, people on Discord/TS, or people in their daily lives. There is nothing unfair about it.

It's a nebulous connection, admittedly. I would argue that a streamer breaks RP every time they're in the middle of an in-game conversation and goes silent to give shoutouts to new subscribers or give OOC commentary on what's happening. As such, Proxy is not in a position to call someone out in-game for breaking character for a single line of dialogue (and she broke character to do it when she could've been more creative and stayed in character.)

Relatedly, yesterday's daily highlights video shows Lirik (4:43) and Buddha (6:26) both blatantly breaking RP (based on the rules as cited by boring-ass RPer cop Doakes in another video) by refusing to surrender when they were surrounded by multiple armed cops at close range yelling at them to stop. That said, gee shot at Eli at close range in the chase video I linked from three months ago and at the time Eli didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
RPers are so fucking autistic this kind of shit will always happen. Nothing will piss off an RPer more than normies having fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I would argue that a streamer breaks RP every time they're in the middle of an in-game conversation and goes silent

What I'm saying is this could happen for any reason. I've seen Langley, whom pretty much everyone loves, go silent and come back due to IRL issues. While it breaks immersion for the viewers, most streamers don't just stop RPing to give shoutouts for extended periods of time and I would argue that if you were in-game with that person you wouldn't be able to tell that a person was going silent because their attention was diverted elsewhere. Obviously some people are worse offenders than others.

spronk

FPS noob
been a great lesson in market forces. Lirik I guess switched RP servers today, he's streaming today with 60k viewers and I'd assume all the streamers will follow him over. The dumbasses on that first server threw away so much.

it'd be funny if that chick who did the fundraising for the RL cop guy ends up just keeping the money, would be the cherry on top of the RP shit storm

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
been a great lesson in market forces. Lirik I guess switched RP servers today, he's streaming today with 60k viewers and I'd assume all the streamers will follow him over. The dumbasses on that first server threw away so much.

it'd be funny if that chick who did the fundraising for the RL cop guy ends up just keeping the money, would be the cherry on top of the RP shit storm

I have seen none of the regular streamers on SOE server today. No brainer for Lirik to hop on a server that allows for a bit more creativity.

No way Eli passes up that potential cash cow. At least in the short term. He enjoys the RP, and is quite good at it,
so why not get paid for it. If it flames out, it's not like he's out of pocket for a dime at this point.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Watching Avon on the new server now. Cops seem a little too relaxed, but I have been laughing literally non stop since he started. Met a dude named Barney and his character is perfect. Watch the vod, it's gold.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
SoE servers have been down all day so that would probably be why you haven't seen anyone stream on them.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
ya the dedicated soe box is down but they need to worry about this, this server, while a little wild westy, is pretty fun to watch. If this server tightens up a bit it could get interesting. Market forces indeed.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rev has NLR. Meaning you can't remember recent events if you die.

Araxen

Lang is on Rev right now.

Timmac is playing his cop character on there too. His stream just started up.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's really not bad. Like I said if they get popular they should tighten up rules slightly and let players go ham. I don't wanna watch second life.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty epic role playing going on tonight with bank robbery gone wrong with hostages. Classy, and Trooper Doyle on point.

Araxen

Slappy and Mort has had a slow news night and then they stumble upon the bank robbery. That was so awesome!

Earlier today on Moon's stream Omar and his gang met up with Freddy and they came to agreement to have Securoserv help them out in taking out Tony and the rest of the Leanboi's. They paid him 100k for his services. I'm not sure if Freddy will go along with it. He may use that information and give it to the police so I'm unsure how it will all play out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like