Health Care Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Never said I was a Republican. You feeling alright?

You also never answered my question. I'll just assume it was an oversight. Here, let me ask again.

Why did a private company write 500 million lines of code for their client? I have been told all this time that leaving everything to the private sector would be the most efficient and cheapest way of running things.
They wrote 500m lines of code because that's how consulting companies in the software industry generally work. They want their employees to bill as many hours as possible to make as much money as possible. They also hire generally green developers to do most of the work and let them learn on the job to increase profits even further because junior developers cost way less than senior developers. And I do mean WAY less. I know you're trolling and mocking him but I still love to respond to these types of questions because I hate software development contracting firms. They always write shit code. Part of that is honestly because they don't get enough direction from the business though so I can't blame it all on them. They also try to write code that's as generic as possible right out of the gate which is a terrible way to approach a big project. You write specific code modules unless you know it will need to be reused at the spec stage. When you find the need to make code more generic that's when you go in and make it such because if you try to make everything re-usable by every other application and piece of code in the project out of the gate it very quickly gets out of hand and adds no benefit because a lot of code simply won't be reused. But people tend to go overboard with coding paradigms, especially in consultancy.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
Why did the same private company get a no-bid contract for the job? Who in the administration had close ties to said company?
CGI was one of 16 companies that had been qualified by HHS during President George W. Bush's second term to deliver, without public competition, a variety of hardware, software and communication products and services.

The whole process was corrupt from the beginning. Blaming it on the private sector is just another moronic attempt by you to ignore the real issues.
How was it corrupt?

The project should not have been "given" to a political friend of the administration. That was the first mistake. But corruption runs deep in government on both sides of the isle and the current group of idiots love it more than most.
You mean a political friend of the Bush administration? Weird. Make up your mind whom you're blaming.

Secondly, it should have been overseen by someone in the Feds who had an actual clue, not some Obama toadie who's only job is to shine his (or her) nose on Obama's behind.
Do you have the name of this "Obama toadie"? You seem fairly certain that it was, I assume you at least know this individual. I would like to read up more on them.

Third and most important. It should never have been undertaken in the first place. The whole premise was doomed from the start because the ACA is a hodgpodge of idiotic dreams taken from corrupt politicians trying to get an attaboy back home. Nobody expected this version to become law. It was supposed to go to reconciliation and be fixed with the houses version.

But the liberal state of Massachusetts said fuck you to the democrats and voted Scott Brown in for one purpose.... to stop the Obamanation called the Affordable Care Act.
LOL and we finally get to the real root of the issue.

NmHce09.png

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
?

WTF are you talking about. So you think that Massachusetts is a Republican state? You really need professional help.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
But the liberal state of Massachusetts said fuck you to the democrats and voted Scott Brown in for one purpose.... to stop the Obamination called the Affordable Care Act. This version was never intended to be law, it was an abortion from the start.
Massachusetts elected Scott Brown specifically to try and prevent the rest of the country from enjoying the same quality of healthcare they already had? Romneycare had a 60~ percent approval rating in the state.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They wrote 500m lines of code because that's how consulting companies in the software industry generally work. They want their employees to bill as many hours as possible to make as much money as possible. They also hire generally green developers to do most of the work and let them learn on the job to increase profits even further because junior developers cost way less than senior developers. And I do mean WAY less. I know you're trolling and mocking him but I still love to respond to these types of questions because I hate software development contracting firms. They always write shit code. Part of that is honestly because they don't get enough direction from the business though so I can't blame it all on them. They also try to write code that's as generic as possible right out of the gate which is a terrible way to approach a big project. You write specific code modules unless you know it will need to be reused at the spec stage. When you find the need to make code more generic that's when you go in and make it such because if you try to make everything re-usable by every other application and piece of code in the project out of the gate it very quickly gets out of hand and adds no benefit because a lot of code simply won't be reused. But people tend to go overboard with coding paradigms, especially in consultancy.
So you are blaming this fiasco on the private sector? LOL. Really. Come on now. Oh that's right the buck never stops at your feet, or anyone you vote for.

The man (or woman) at top is always the one responsible. If they don't have the wherewhital or competence to hire people who can do their jobs then they are terrible leaders.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
CGI Federal actually has a decent track record from what I've read. They've built some other very complicated government sites ahead of schedule and on budget. While I agree with the general thrust what you're saying, I just want to point out the ridiculousness of the accusations being made by these slopeheaded mongoloids like Grim1. Supposedly first the website is $600 million dollars, then its the government's fault, then its an incompetent contractor whom the govt should have supervised, then we find out its a no bid contractor from the Bush era, etc.

Basically, as we peel away every accusation, we find out that every claim by the naysayers is bullshit and has no merit, its simply used to smear the legislation. I dont deny that the website is a mess, but to pin it solely as a failure of Obama and the ACA is beyond comical.

Lets keep in mind that it took YEARS to work out the problems in the Social Security program and that was a program that had to keep track of millions of people using nothing but giant rows of file cabinets somewhere in the Virginias since it was founded 20 years before computers. And people bitched about it back then just like they do now. The program runs smoothly now and ACA will as well in a few months.

In the mean time there's also always the option to to do it by phone or snail mail, you know how we did every thing in the world as recently as the 1990s

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
?

WTF are you talking about. So you think that Massachusetts is a Republican state? You really need professional help.
WTF are *YOU* talking about?

You think I'm a Republican, think that CGI Federal was getting favors from Obama, and a bunch of other crazy shit. Lets face it, you're just another asshole that comes here pretending to be above the fray and above partisanship but as soon as we get under the surface we find out that you're just another asshole like Merlin who talks out of both sides out of his mouth. Except Merlin at least has the balls not to pretend to be anything less while you hide like a cockroach behind a false veneer of impartiality.

You dont hate the ACA because of whats in it and what it wants to accomplish, you hate the ACA because Obama was the one who proposed it

Hence,

NmHce09.png

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Massachusetts elected Scott Brown specifically to try and prevent the rest of the country from enjoying the same quality of healthcare they already had? Romneycare had a 60~ percent approval rating in the state.
You are a fucking moron. Go away.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ouch, bro.

So why did Mass supposedly oppose Obamacare so vehemently when they, apparently, loved the shit out of Romneycare?
Lol. That presupposes that they love RomneyCare. Maybe you should research that a little better and get back to me with the answer.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Answer the question. Dont run like you always do.
What question? That Massachusetts is a Republican state? No, its not.

You going to answer my question about why you're such a brain dead, partisan piece of shit who pretends that he isnt?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Some polls have it as high as 85%~.

So Scott Brown was elected for one purpose: to prevent the ACA. A law that is essentially identical to Romneycare, which Massachusetts residents overwhelmingly approve of. Okay...

Lol, so why did they vote for Scott Brown? Come on, let's here your pathetic rationalization.
I think the fact that his opponent ran one of the all-time worst campaigns in modern history might have had something to do with it.

You've asserted they voted for him solely to prevent the ACA. Prove it.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

So, let me get this straight.

The Scott Brown election was a repudiation of Obama's proposal for a national healthcare system by Americans (even though only 1.1M people voted for him), but Obama's re-election, SCOTUS ruling on the ACA, a national asskicking of the GOP in the 2012 election in the House and Senate and survival of 40+ House votes to repeal the ACA isnt considered popular support for the ACA?

It seems like that's what you're implying here.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, I suspected you guys couldn't admit the truth. Hoped I was wrong but, oh well. You are incapable of truth because you have the backbone of a jellyfish.

I was rooting for you though, and if you could have made the jump would have given you props. Unfortunately, you failed... yourselves.

But everyone can change and it is possible to admit you are wrong without giving up your beliefs. But until you do there really isn't much point in furhter discussion with you, you just aren't that interesting.