Health Care Thread

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are you so enamoured of something that was an obvious disaster even 6 years ago? I'm actually more amused than anything else. Although, disapointment in the Democrat machine is also very much on my mind.

Democrats didn't use to be so fucking full of ourselves. We were able to work with the other side. Unfortunately, you can say the same thing about Republicans. The modern political climate sucks and both sides are to blame.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So let me get this right, all of the mistakes and follies by contracted companies are none of their fault and are entirely the fault of the government which hired them.

Is this what you are saying?
The buck stops... anywhere but at Obama's desk.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
The buck stops... anywhere but at Obama's desk.
Yes or No.

All of the mistakes and follies by contracted companies are none of their fault and are entirely the fault of the government which hired them.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Why are you so enamoured of something that was an obvious disaster even 6 years ago? I'm actually more amused than anything else. Although, disapointment in the Democrat machine is also very much on my mind.

Democrats didn't use to be so fucking full of ourselves. We were able to work with the other side. Unfortunately, you can say the same thing about Republicans. The modern political climate sucks and both sides are to blame.
It probably happened right around the first 9 months of Obama's presidency.

When I first came into office, the head of the Senate Republicans said, 'my number one priority is making sure president Obama's a one-term president.' Now, after the election, either he will have succeeded in that goal or he will have failed at that goal."
- President Obama, interview on CBS' "60 Minutes," recorded on Sept. 12, 2012, and aired on Sept. 23
"It was no surprise, because the senator from Kentucky, who just spoke, announced at the beginning, four years ago, exactly what his strategy would be. He said, his number-one goal was to make sure that Barack Obama was a one-term president."
- Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.), on the Senate floor, Sept. 21, 2012
"Ed Rendell, who has criticized the president (objecting, for example, to the Obama campaign's attack on private equity), also argues that Obama has been constrained by an unprecedented obduracy in his Republican opposition. 'I can't ever recall a newly elected president being faced with the leader of the other party's caucus saying "Our No. 1 priority is to make this president a one-term president,"' says Rendell, citing the remark made by Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader, that exemplified the fierce partisanship that has attended Obama's tenure. 'That McConnell would say that in the first nine months of Barack Obama's tenure is absolutely stunning, disgraceful, disgusting - you name the term.'"
- Peter J. Boyer, writing in Newsweek, Sept. 10, 2012

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Read that entire wikipedia page on him, he was only able to pay certain investors back because most people weren't pulling their money out and more people were giving him money. He was robbing Peter to pay Paul. The guy was millions of dollars in debt (in the 1920's) and... he was arrested for a reason. What he was doing was legal but he was operating at a loss and then defrauding his investors
I'm not sure what part of that you think I missed. SS is only still solvent because the government doesn't allow anyone to pull out early and constantly forces new people in. Technically, Ponzi was borrowing from peter to pay paul. SS is actually robbing me to pay your grandparents. The guy was making enough money to be living high on the hog and still able to pay back investors until the reports caused panics and he got arrested.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes or No.

All of the mistakes and follies by contracted companies are none of their fault and are entirely the fault of the government which hired them.

It starts at the top. Competent leaders have competent people around them. And they hire competent people / organizations / companies to get the work done.

Obama is incompetent, always has been. He is incapabable of managing anything like the ACA successfully (1/6 th of the ecomomy as we have heard way too many times already) The only successful thing Obama has done is run a beauty pageant with him as the only one on stage. That doesn't prepare you for the real work of running a country or the ACA. His inexperience is why the ACA is a failure.

The best presidents are usually ex state govenors. That at least gives them some experience in real managment.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It starts at the top. Competent leaders have competent people around them. And they hire competent people / organizations / companies to get the work done.

Obama is incompetent, always has been. He is incapabable of managing anything successfully, especially on the scale of the ACA (1/6 th of the ecomomy as we have heard way too many times already) The only successful thing Obama has done is run a beauty pageant with him as the only one on stage. That doesn't prepare you for the real work of running a country or the ACA. His inexperience is why the ACA is a failure.
Its hilarious. You'll sit here for 2 hours and chastize us for not giving you the answer you want (largely because we have no fucking idea what you are asking) and when its your turn to answer a yes or No question, we cant get that out of you.

I get it, you hate Obama. Like I said 5 hours ago:

MjAxMy0yNjc3NjFkYjQ0OWNhYjY4.png

You could have just said "Yea" and saved us some time and typing.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Its just recently passed or gotten to 3:1 in the past few years, program is designed to expect 2.2:1 roughly (remember, some die young). 5:1 is the worst projection of the Boomers retiring, and will be back under 3:1 by 2035 once they're mostly dead

You do realize the size of the Boomers generation compared to our generation is the issue causing it stress, right? Not that the formula was bad
It was designed for 2.2:1 even though the actual ratio was more like 16:1?

You do realize that people are living longer, right?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It probably happened right around the first 9 months of Obama's presidency.

When I first came into office, the head of the Senate Republicans said, 'my number one priority is making sure president Obama's a one-term president.' Now, after the election, either he will have succeeded in that goal or he will have failed at that goal."
- President Obama, interview on CBS' "60 Minutes," recorded on Sept. 12, 2012, and aired on Sept. 23
"It was no surprise, because the senator from Kentucky, who just spoke, announced at the beginning, four years ago, exactly what his strategy would be. He said, his number-one goal was to make sure that Barack Obama was a one-term president."
- Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.), on the Senate floor, Sept. 21, 2012
"Ed Rendell, who has criticized the president (objecting, for example, to the Obama campaign's attack on private equity), also argues that Obama has been constrained by an unprecedented obduracy in his Republican opposition. 'I can't ever recall a newly elected president being faced with the leader of the other party's caucus saying "Our No. 1 priority is to make this president a one-term president,"' says Rendell, citing the remark made by Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader, that exemplified the fierce partisanship that has attended Obama's tenure. 'That McConnell would say that in the first nine months of Barack Obama's tenure is absolutely stunning, disgraceful, disgusting - you name the term.'"
- Peter J. Boyer, writing in Newsweek, Sept. 10, 2012
Whining about your opposition doesn't make you a leader. As John Stewart once said (i'm paraphrasing), "George Bush never had a super majority and he got whatever the fuck he wanted".

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its hilarious. You'll sit here for 2 hours and chastize us for not giving you the answer you want (largely because we have no fucking idea what you are asking) and when its your turn to answer a yes or No question, we cant get that out of you.

I get it, you hate Obama. Like I said 5 hours ago:

MjAxMy0yNjc3NjFkYjQ0OWNhYjY4.png

You could have just said "Yea" and saved us some time and typing.
None of your questions made any sense. Most were deflections from the real issue.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
LOL, you chastize Obama for making excuses, but give CGI Federal a pass after they wrote 500 million lines of bad code

I get it bro,

Rottenecards_8886067_q9gjpb98n9.png

Careful though, you're about to walk into the common Republican swamp of cognitive dissonance where Obama is a lazy American Inventor who does nothing but play golf and yet the most nefarious mastermind since inception of the Republic as he juggles multiple schemes and conspiracies 24/7

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
My take, opinion only, who is ultimately at fault currently for the website fiasco?
That would be the idiot who let it go live. That would be the government, I have not followed the issue that much since I live in MA, but the guys programming the site s should have said that it was not ready, it is the fault of all parties that it did not work though the ultimate authority would be the person or persons that let out go live as is.
The company programming the site should have adequately beta tested the site starting ~ six months ago and fixed the issues. It is not rocket science it is a web site. The database for registration should be essentially a cut and paste job. Name, SS, sex, age address, city, county state, marital status, # of kids, all their info, etc that is all basic stuff that even I could do. That they had problems with that initially to me means... Typical government contract work.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was designed for 2.2:1 even though the actual ratio was more like 16:1?

You do realize that people are living longer, right?
2.2:1 was adjusted for life expectancy - it was originally 2:1 when established.

And remember their takeaway is less than most are paying in. I've seen the math personally, have you?

(It was projected with expecting life expectancy to reach a 65 yr average originally- thus the didifference of 10%ish additionally note benefit age has risen as life expectancy has about 2/3 of the rate though)

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
SS is actually robbing me to pay your grandparents.
Wow, you guys truly are sociopaths. Considering a tax to pay for the small stipend that elderly people receive to help them survive as being robbed while at the same time having no problems getting taxed to pay for another god damn carrier group that we don't need is insane and shows an alarming lack of basic human empathy. You truly are the embodiment of "fuck you I got mine". Bravo?

iannis

Musty Nester
Grim1 got trucked so hard in this thread.
Thinking is hard when you have that much rage.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out what people mean when they grunt. But I swear it's like he just read a chapter in some pop-psych book and wanted to use the word "deflect" as much as he possibly could. I think his underlying point is that Obama still hasn't shown his long-form Earth certificate or something. Who the fuck even knows. I don't think he had a point, he just wanted to yell and knew he'd get rickshawed if he called Obama a American Inventor.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Iannis, stop deflecting bro. Clearly you've got daddy issues in play here and idolize Obama as the Dad you never had since you can relate to Trayvon so well.