Health Care Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
I cant be bothered to give a shit about college sports.

I live in a town with 5 professional teams that have won a combined 9 championships in the last 20 years

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
UK has the winningest basketball team in college history and I wouldn't mind if we took Calipari and every member of the team and shot them out of a cannon into the Sun.

Or buried them under Rupp Arena. Either way.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I cant be bothered to give a shit about college sports.

I live in a town with 5 professional teams that have won a combined 9 championships in the last 20 years
WTF? So your not going to support young, poor, black athletes? What the fuck are you? A REPUBLICAN?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
WTF? So your not going to support young, poor, black athletes? What the fuck are you? A REPUBLICAN?
I gave a black guy $3 in downtown the other day. I've done my part.

Oh and plus all the taxes I pay and all the social programs I support. My conscience is clear.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I gave a black guy $3 in downtown the other day. I've done my part.

Oh and plus all the taxes I pay and all the social programs I support. My conscience is clear.
You know, one day I was working late. Got off about 1:00am. I had to stop by the gas station to fill up for my trip home. I was a manager at McDonalds at the time. Making about $13 an hour. Not a lot of extra money. As I pulled up and jumped out I saw a bum asking for change. It really doesn't matter, but for the record he was black. A car full of kids had pulled up in front of me and was filling up their car. The bum walked up to em and asked em for some change. Anything they could spare. The kids laughed and said sure, and proceeded to fling about $1.00 worth of miscellaneous change onto the ground, going all over the place. Mostly pennies, nickles, and dimes. I stood there horrified. It was February and pretty cold for the south, guessing about 40 degrees. He wanted a cup of coffee. I watched him proceed to walk around and pick up the change, one by one.
I didn't have a lot of money but couldn't stand to watch that man grovel at the feet of a bunch of fucking dickhead teenagers. I had $22 dollars in my pocket. A $20, and two $1 dollar bills. I walked in, paid for $5 in gas and gave that man $15. I have no idea why I told you this story except to say, you don't have to be a Democratic goody two shoes to do something nice for someone. Maybe he spend it on beer, maybe he didn't. But if I could help that man for just a couple hours, it was worth it to me.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Thats why I help people all the time, Merlin.

You cant take money to the grave with you. But when you die, you can be remembered as a good and decent man.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
We give clothes to the needy. I remember as a kid, fresh off the boat, I was getting care packages from various organizations, clothes, toys, etc. So I try to give back. All of our older kids clothes and out old shit goes to the needy.

iannis

Musty Nester
Lol'd so hard at this bro I hope you're joking. I choose to believe you're joking.

Also Alabama sucks balls, but they do have some great barbecue at the jazz festival in Florence each year.
THIS IS THE ONE THING THAT I KNOW ABOUT ALABAMA AND I'M STICKING TO IT.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
libtards .
WTufkjM.gif

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saw the article before I think - if it's the one I think (it had an identical title, forget if it was from Forbes though) - it was about a woman in end-stage cancer that decided that she needed the services of two separate hospitals to treat her cancer - one locally for emergency stuff and another she flew from CA to TX to attend for her in depth checkups and such. And since some hospitals will be moving to only taking a single insurance now she's apparently got to choose between only one of the two.

[Although I'm sure there's more details that aren't covered - like most insurance policies you are allowed to go out of network on, just the paperwork is more annoying and sometimes a small bit less compensation - not to mention, if she's got the $$ to fly to Texas every time she needs a treatment - I'm pretty sure she's in a pretty luxurious income level where insurance should just be icing on the cake for her... plus end stage cancer if she cared to is an automatic qualifier for Medicare I thought even if you're younger than the normal cutoffs which is accepted at literally every hospital and will forever under law... or in other words, I'm sure there's holes you could drive a semi through]

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If it was the story that I've been hearing lately, the woman was not flying to texas. Both hospitals were in california. The one that was closer to her had her primary care doctors, and they sent her to one further away for whatever life saving treatments she had done.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's really not hard to give your old clothes to charity, blankets and jackets as well. Surely you have at least one church that is on your route to work.
No, because there is a goddamn line at the Salvation Army when I want to drop shit off to/from work. The drop box is never fuckin emptied, and looks like shit. I donated 1k cash (well check) to the local Boys&Girls Club. Went to claim this shit on my taxes, and was asked to show proof! As if the cancelled check wasn't enough. (Something about more than 250 bucks you needed something from the organization).

On top of that...I don't want to have the stigma of being seen at the Salvation Army. Yeah I fuckin said it!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
No, because there is a goddamn line at the Salvation Army when I want to drop shit off to/from work. The drop box is never fuckin emptied, and looks like shit. I donated 1k cash (well check) to the local Boys&Girls Club. Went to claim this shit on my taxes, and was asked to show proof! As if the cancelled check wasn't enough. (Something about more than 250 bucks you needed something from the organization).

On top of that...I don't want to have the stigma of being seen at the Salvation Army. Yeah I fuckin said it!
I said a church not the salvation army, unless of course you have some stigma about being seen at a church and as someone who is an atheist it doesn't bother me.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Goodwill gives me a signed receipt every time I donate something and lets me fill it out.