Health Care Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
Wait, I thought you owned your own business? So your a fucking liar? Why would someone offer a job to a small business owner?
Go 60 posts back and 60 posts forward from this post to get the full story I guess. Its somewhere in there

Rerolled

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You can't even know if we're in a recession right now. The best we can do is know whether we were in a recession. Doesn't it take like 6 months to get all the data in?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You can't even know if we're in a recession right now. The best we can do is know whether we were in a recession.
:|

what+is+this+I+don+t+even+_e6935e220e54cbbdf5685ce5d569e210.jpg

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Already got a job in Chicago. 30 minute commute door to door.

Pittsburgh called me about that 120k+ job on friday and again on monday. I just dont have the motivation to pursue it or to move to Grimmlokk town. Everyone there is probably slope-headed or has extra fingers.

Ill stay where I am for now. If I dont get all my promotions and l00t in 6 months, I'll start looking for another gig and posit an ultimatum to my current employer once I got something else lined up

KRAMER

But I finally realized what's missing, in my life. Structure. An' at Brandt/Leland, I'm gettin' things done. An' I love the people I'm workin' with.

0.jpg

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Words have meanings, you ignorant fuckwad. A recession is defined as two consecutive quarters of economic contraction. The US has not been in a recession since 2009, if memory serves.
Merlin gets mad when you point out just how fucking stupid he is and curse, because he is a delicate flower from the great state of Alabama. Though if you keep letting him know just how fucking stupid he is eventually he will put you on ignore, so that is a plus
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
back in the actual subject, fox has an article that says that the website in testing could barely handle 1100 concurrent users (headline says a day but in reading it says concurrent) on oct 1. the goal was 60k concurrent according todd park (the US CTO(chief tech officer))

ObamaCare website could only handle 1,100 users day before launch, docs show | Fox News

wow- if true- that is just ..bad.
Yeah the more we hear about the healthcare.gov website the more pathetic it is.

lanludar

Silver Squire
You mean like when I was when I was fresh out of college with a History degree in 2004? A real marketable set of skills there...

"I can regurgitate to you a bunch of crap like Hodj. Half of it will make sense. You'll just have to take my word for it on the other half. Can I have a job now?"
If you had that degree today and got out of college you wouldn't be able to find a job anywhere...well maybe Wal-Mart...part-time.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If you got a good degree in some kind of science, you should be able to get a job fairly easy if you're willing to relocate. Some kind of BA degree? Useless.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think were at the point where it's now time to just start following the money with healthcare.gov.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Rule lets unions avoid ObamaCare tax | New York Post

The Obama administration sneaked in a rule that would let some labor unions off the hook for an ObamaCare tax.

After publicly rejecting the unions' request for an exemption, the Department of Health and Human Services last week quietly gave the unions a pass on what would have been a massive tax hit.

The tax, known as the reinsurance fee, requires self-insured organizations, such as unions and some large companies, to pay $63 for each covered member and an additional $63 for each additional family member on a health plan.

The fee was expected to raise $25 billion over three years, with the funds going to insurance companies to offset the cost of covering pre-existing conditions and other mandatory benefits.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If it was the story that I've been hearing lately, the woman was not flying to texas. Both hospitals were in california. The one that was closer to her had her primary care doctors, and they sent her to one further away for whatever life saving treatments she had done.
That was the story, and it was CA and Texas. But that's precisely the story otherwise. Houston General specifically was the TX hospital, the local hospital was left unnamed.