Health Problems

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
3rd sinus infection this year. Please kill me.

Probably all that semen I ingested for dirk

I used to get multiple sinus infections a year until I started lap swimming for cardio. I guess regular semi-involuntary chlorine washes keeps things from festering.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
During the bad one t didn't help but I might try again.

I would do two days, skip a day, or every other day - it will give you nose bleeds using it every day. My sinuses have always been an issue, probably should have had the surgery but back in the day many people I knew said it wasn’t worth it. I think they’ve made significant strides in that now.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
For those keeping track of things, my brother in law stood up on his own today. Not walking yet, but he was able to get up and support his own weight. The hip/bone replacement/reinforcement appears to be successful. Now we wait for his results on the cancer. His doctors are already talking about chemo. I hate it for this guy, he's young, and just a quality guy. But, positive steps today.

• 7Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
For those keeping track of things, my brother in law stood up on his own today. Not walking yet, but he was able to get up and support his own weight. The hip/bone replacement/reinforcement appears to be successful. Now we wait for his results on the cancer. His doctors are already talking about chemo. I hate it for this guy, he's young, and just a quality guy. But, positive steps today.
Great news! Chemo doesn't have to be wasting hateful, mine were tablets by mouth. It still sucks but it's better than having to go do the IV/Pick line type. Hopefully he comes through this like a champ.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Brother in law walk around "the block" on his hospital unit today multiple times. He's getting himself up, he's walking more comfortably than he has for several months. The down side is that the cancer diagnosis is now confirmed, and he's looking at a lot of treatment.

However, he's walking, and he's currently healthy.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Obligatory fuck cancer post.

My wife's aunt (early 60's) found a lump on her breast in early summer. Her idiot husband encouraged her to wait for three months for an upcoming trip so they could take care of it on the cheap with medical tourism. Well, trip came, foreign doctors said "Wtf this is cancer, go fucking home so you can have a coherent long-term care plan," and upon her return CT scan reveals recent liver metastasis. Biopsy confirms cancer was one of the aggressive types.

Fucking morons. Cancer is one of those times where you don't fuck around and go immediately to the best doctor you can access. She's not one of my favorite humans, but the list of people I'd wish metastatic cancer on is very small. Plus my 9-year-old is close to her and is going to take this very hard.

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Obligatory fuck cancer post.

My wife's aunt (early 60's) found a lump on her breast in early summer. Her idiot husband encouraged her to wait for three months for an upcoming trip so they could take care of it on the cheap with medical tourism. Well, trip came, foreign doctors said "Wtf this is cancer, go fucking home so you can have a coherent long-term care plan," and upon her return CT scan reveals recent liver metastasis. Biopsy confirms cancer was one of the aggressive types.

Fucking morons. Cancer is one of those times where you don't fuck around and go immediately to the best doctor you can access. She's not one of my favorite humans, but the list of people I'd wish metastatic cancer on is very small. Plus my 9-year-old is close to her and is going to take this very hard.
That fucking sucks to hear and yeah - FUCK CANCER. If I'd of had an iota of an inkling that I had a tumor I would have pounced on it. Because of the terrible back I'd had MRI/CT/X-ray's / Myelograms from the neck down but no one ever looked up.

On my front : My pain management doc I finally saw in person: I was in the hospital the last time I was supposed to see him then I get a call he's had to have emergency surgery and would be out for a month; he had 2 back surgeries (same doc that did my fusion so I guess he's good?). Anyhow he agreed to take over my Lyrica for neuropathy and is working with me to get me off narcotics and pain patches and on to something else that isn't so strong. Said it could make me drowsy but I'm a little dopey anyhow lol.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Well, the hits keep fucking rolling.

My brother in law is feeling good, his motion is getting better daily, and he's mostly positive about the outcome. He's able to go home today.

But today had more in mind. His wife was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Mother fucking cunt bitch fucking asshole cancer. She has to have a mastectomy. While he's doing radiation followed by chemo. And then she'll likely also have to do at least radiation. She's 46.

The universe seems to be trying to fuck this family up. Like every possibility. My sister in law has massive, massive boobs. Like you can't believe they're real. This is going to be noticeable to everyone, so besides having to endure cancer and treatment, she's going to have to live with a massive change in her appearance (she does not want reconstruction). I know that seems like a small issue in the scope of things, but man. I've watch my wife struggle after her mastectomy to find clothes that fit, to adjust how she's dressing, to deal with body image. My wife was a beautifully curvy woman, it was devastating to realize the permanent implications of changing the shape of her body. I honestly still think she's gorgeous. She really is. She's struggling to believe me. But she's doing better.

Now my sister in law has to go through the same thing. While her husband is also sick.

Fuck everything.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

My brother in law is feeling good, his motion is getting better daily, and he's mostly positive about the outcome. He's able to go home today.

Mother fucking cunt bitch fucking asshole cancer. She has to have a mastectomy. While he's doing radiation followed by chemo. And then she'll likely also have to do at least radiation. She's 46.

The universe seems to be trying to fuck this family up. Like every possibility. My sister in law has massive, massive boobs. Like you can't believe they're real. This is going to be noticeable to everyone, so besides having to endure cancer and treatment, she's going to have to live with a massive change in her appearance (she does not want reconstruction). I know that seems like a small issue in the scope of things, but man. I've watch my wife struggle after her mastectomy to find clothes that fit, to adjust how she's dressing, to deal with body image. My wife was a beautifully curvy woman, it was devastating to realize the permanent implications of changing the shape of her body. I honestly still think she's gorgeous. She really is. She's struggling to believe me. But she's doing better.

Now my sister in law has to go through the same thing. While her husband is also sick.

Fuck everything.
Bro are you drinking from the same water you might want to start drawing some venn diagrams

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There is something very wrong, 4 relatively young people getting cancer the odds are really really low. You should try hard to figure out what's wrong with your family environment / lifestyle for your kids sake.

One of my mother's friend was wondering one day "You think cancer is contagious?" as she noticed in many couples, both were getting it.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
There is something very wrong, 4 relatively young people getting cancer the odds are really really low. You should try hard to figure out what's wrong with your family environment / lifestyle for your kids sake.

One of my mother's friend was wondering one day "You think cancer is contagious?" as she noticed in many couples, both were getting it.
Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Fuck everything.
Damn man this seriously fucking sucks. Look at (the only) good thing, your wife know what happens and can help her. Take that as a win for what it's worth. Did they catch it in an early state?

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I've never lived within a thousand miles of my brother in law and his wife. We're not drinking the same water. Didn't have the same upbringing (different countries). 3/4 parents had cancer of some kind, only 1 was terminal. Please explain it to me.