Jurassic Park 4

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Saw Jurassic World today. I liked it, but i think I enjoyed it a bit less than 3. Although it's been so long I can barely remember much about it, other than I liked it. Sam Neil may have made it better than it was, perhaps. I think part of the problem, as others have mentioned, is that we've seen all this before. Nothing was new, other than the prehistoric whale. Big whoop. (Megalodon would've been cooler).

But I'm sitting here wondering, if they needed to splice genes to keep the crowds coming, then why stop with dinosaurs? Fuck, make a fire breathing dragon or chimera or some shit.

And, who keeps okaying the creation of these parks? After the first 3 disasters, what sane investor would get anywhere near this?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw Jurassic World today. I liked it, but i think I enjoyed it a bit less than 3. Although it's been so long I can barely remember much about it, other than I liked it. Sam Neil may have made it better than it was, perhaps. I think part of the problem, as others have mentioned, is that we've seen all this before. Nothing was new, other than the prehistoric whale. Big whoop. (Megalodon would've been cooler).

But I'm sitting here wondering, if they needed to splice genes to keep the crowds coming, then why stop with dinosaurs? Fuck, make a fire breathing dragon or chimera or some shit.

And, who keeps okaying the creation of these parks? After the first 3 disasters, what sane investor would get anywhere near this?
Only 2 park related disasters, and I assume the idea is that InGen had so much capital tied up in Isla Nublar that they didn't want to just give it up. Keep in mind Jurassic World has been successfully operating for like 10-15 years or so without a problem. And let's face it, if Costa Rica hasn't shut them down over all the other shit gone wrong, they won't shut them down over this either. InGen is just going to clean Isla Nublar up again and reopen it, and people will keep on flocking to the island.

Only real concern is the escaped pterosaurs, but if they're still engineering a lysine deficiency, they'll all die pretty quickly. I don't think the pterosaurs are smart enough to eat lysine rich foods like the escaped raptors were in the first book.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Problem in all the movies, iirc, was not the Dinos but humans. Humans caused/made each mistake that then turned everything into a disaster,almost all from greed. So of course they are going to keep trying.

The first movie, that park would of been amazing and it all goes downhill because of the super greedy fat guy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The plot to Jurassic World 2 is pretty obviously going to be Dr Wu setting up in a new place and creating new even crazier hybrids that escape containment (again). Only question is will InGen still be in control, or will he go all crazy Island of Dr Moreau style.

Also...WHY THE FUCK DOES INGEN KEEP BREEDING RAPTORS? They killed more humans than the Tyrannosaurs in the first two movies and they probably tied or were right behind the crazy berserk hybrid monster for kills in Jurassic World. I mean yeah at least they have some sort of justification for keeping them around in World, except you'd think the events of the first two movies (and the further evidence of how intelligent they are from the third movie) would make them say 'hey lets stop breeding these intelligent super aggressive killing machines.

I mean can you imagine if it had been a pack of raptors that got loose in San Diego instead of the T-rex? Death toll would have been in the hundreds at least, since raptors will kill purely for sport. Who knows, maybe it would have approached the low thousands given how hard it is to put them down (according to Muldoon in the first book).

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Problem in all the movies, iirc, was not the Dinos but humans. Humans caused/made each mistake that then turned everything into a disaster,almost all from greed. So of course they are going to keep trying.

The first movie, that park would of been amazing and it all goes downhill because of the super greedy fat guy.
rrr_img_100946.jpg

Feien

Ploppers
Did anyone else notice the guy saving his margaritas when the Pterodactyls attack? This movie had a lot of wtf moments.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord

rrr_img_100948.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did anyone else notice the guy saving his margaritas when the Pterodactyls attack? This movie had a lot of wtf moments.
Yes. I noticed that and it was awesome. I also wondered why no one went to their hotel room. They even made a point to show the guests sitting around in the heat doing nothing. GO BACK TO THE HOTEL! IT'S PROBABLY GOT AIR CONDITIONING OR A FAN!

Also, this movie basically ignores jp2 & 3. They go out of their way to mention the first one but never the other 2. So I think that means we are also supposed to ignore them. I'm fine with that.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
went in not expecting anything special, and was not surprised. even though people on the internet have been praising it in general. in the end, the original did everything interesting with dinosaurs, the sequels have been nothing but pale cashgrabs riding on its coat tails. sure, it tried some innovation with a new breed of dinosaurs, but overall it just felt formulaic and cheap. I really felt no suspense.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
This movie was so bad it was great, in a MST3K sorta way of just sitting there a laughing so hard at all the stupid shit.

- Older brother eye-fucking every pretty girl he sees at the park, after tearfully saying goodbye to his girlfriend before the trip
- Security doorman to the control room not once stopping a single person from actually entering the control room
- Bryce Howards character IN HEELS the entire fucking movie, even for the run from the TREX...
- ...Bryce Howard being able to outrun a trex (in high heels) ON FOOT
- the two kids repairing a jeep and getting it running in like 5 minutes, maybe 10...maybe
- control room girl whose entire role seems to be revolve around reacting to all the problems, holding two fingers up to her left ear, and announcing them to the other employees.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Honestly, I thought Chris Pratt was the best part of the movie.

They're never going to make anything on the level of JP1, and I went in there knowing that. That said this was pretty dumb. Outside of the raptors going commando on the ACU squad, the arbitrary amount of plot armor that the characters had against the 'good' dinosaurs was stupid (somebody already mentioned Bryce Howard running away from a t-Rex in three-inch heels.)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone who has watched Castle would not be fazed by the things women can do on screen while wearing heels.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Honestly, I thought Chris Pratt was the best part of the movie.
Poor guy didn't have much to work with. The last line of the movie was just so cringe-y. It was so terrible, I can't imagine what the other 20 takes they didn't use for that scene looked like, must have been atrocious.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
This movie was so stupid and unrealistic.

You guys just jumped into a pool of water, what good are your matches going to be?!

Seriously though as summer blockbusters go, film was solid fun.