Jurassic Park 4

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't aware that Furious 7 had reached 1.5 billion globally, surpassing Avengers.... thats fucking crazy. Whats even better is that is also a Universal property, ALL ABOARD THE MONEY BOAT FELLAS, TIME FOR SOME MANDATORY SEQUELS!
IFlDhVc.png

and I don't like any of these movies lol (haven't seen Avengers 2 and Frozen)

Skyfall and Toy Story 3 are ok

Column_sl

shitlord
Problem with all these movies making tons of money, is every movie is put against the same bar of success.

I don't think it's good for the industry at all.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Problem with all these movies making tons of money, is every movie is put against the same bar of success.

I don't think it's good for the industry at all.
I explained this to the retarded cousins over the holiday. I had to bring it to comparing Clash of Clans with Candy Crush for them to be on the same page. Next generation is looking wonderful on so many levels.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Holy fuck I hated that movie. JP4 joins an elite list of films I've walked out on. Took a steaming triceratops sized dump on everything that made the original a classic. Zero nuance, all flash. Pratt's performance was almost as bland as the character itself.

Bleh

rrr_img_100894.jpg

j00t

After being pretty impressed with Jurassic world, we rented jurrasic park for our 8 year old son. Did he like it? Yeah, and he's excited to see jurrasic world. Did he have the same awe and wonder that we had 20 years ago? Not even by a long shot. At this point in history, we are no longer amazed by the amazing. It's old hat. My wife said it best, he saw that movie, "Dinosaur" when he was 5. And THOSE dinosaurs all talked! There was still a lot of emotion for my wife and I watching jurrasic park because we could go back to that time when dinosaurs were just bones in a museum. He can't. That time doesn't exist for him.

What I'm saying is that it's still a great popcorn flick, but anyone who has a conscious idea of the magic from JP, is gonna have a hard time.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It wasn't even about a lack of 'magic' or 'spectacle' that was present in JP1 due to the dawn of CGI in 1992. JPWorld lacked any sense of suspense or fear. The characters were bland, forgettable, and didn't create a sense of empathy in me at all.

As far as action movies go, I preferred fucking Battleship... Even Prometheus.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was 90 minutes of jerking off for 10-15 minutes of payoff. I actually thought Pratt was the only other serviceable part of the movie, but he was phoning it in for the most part. This movie is going to overtake Avatar for the worst movie to make a shitpile of money. Was it Pacific Rim Job bad? No. But without even going into the total ludicrous plot holes, it was just predicable and horribly acted on all levels. I was not even that much of a fan of the prior movies, but at least they had some descent casting and acting in them. The discussions at dinner in the first movie were one of its high points. This was just a made for Sci-Fi movie with Starlord and a better special effects budget.

ohkcrlho

It wasn't even about a lack of 'magic' or 'spectacle' that was present in JP1 due to the dawn of CGI in 1992. JPWorld lacked any sense of suspense or fear. The characters were bland, forgettable, and didn't create a sense of empathy in me at all.

As far as action movies go, I preferred fucking Battleship... EvenPrometheus.
hey hey....i agree with you but this, is too much

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ok I agree it wasn't as great as these guys say but Da fuck? You serious?
Yea man. I love a good blockbuster explosions/scifi/CGI action flick... but this one was just depressing given the recent quality of competitive titles. It just can't stand up to the quality & entertainment value of the recent Marvel movies, Pacific Rim., the Star Trek reboots, Harry Potter etc. I'd put it more on par with the Transformers movies to be quite honest, which I also walked out of.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait given all the reviews here, reviews all over the net and previews, you still went a week after release, paid for it and walked out?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I have this female Asian 20 something roommate that works in retail cosmetics (basically hits every demographic for dumb girl) that has seen this three times already. Blame her for the sales records.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blame implies something bad, I see nothing bad about this making the money it is.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Until you realize that shitty CGI shitshows with mostly shit actors off of old IPs are why nothing new gets made and instead we get shit like Bridesmades Ghostbusters and Can you Smell what the Rock is Cooking in Little China.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Until you realize that shitty CGI shitshows with mostly shit actors off of old IPs are why nothing new gets made and instead we get shit like Bridesmades Ghostbusters and Can you Smell what the Rock is Cooking in Little China.
How was Tomorrowland?

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Dude F&F7 Made 1.5 billion dollars, nothing about how well movies does surprises me anymore. The whole industry is fucked.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean hollywood is doing what its been doing for decades. As for "Nothing New", I think you need to open your eyes.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How was Tomorrowland?
Utter shit, no question.

There have been movies, some extremely successful, that have launched without being reboots or sequels in the last decade. Many of them have been well received:
John Wick, Guardians of the Galaxy, Lego Movie, Birdman, Kingsman, Interstellar, American Sniper, and most of the Wes Anderson Movies all stand out as examples of this.

But whenever a sequel phones it in and makes gobs of money like this, all we get is low quality regurgitated shit for a while. I think this is why the MCU movies have been slipping, actually.