Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This Grumpus guy sounds like he's so excited to be getting his dick wet that anything will do.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
A 19year old jw is a man trap. My wife was a jw, we got married 5 years ago, i was 30 she was 29, we lived together for 3 years. All her jw pals got married at 19-20 divorce rate is 100% for them.

You sir are so fucked you don't even know it.

Read your first post, Masterbate then read it again.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
...said every person who ever got married ever.

"Its right, she's the one, this time its different" - everyone who ever got divorced, when they were getting married

You're rationalizing your emotions. They feel so good. I know. But don't delude yourself that it's rational to get married so quick. It is wholly irrational. Defend it if you want, but don't misrepresent emotions by calling is reason.
Holy fuck is that true. I probably had at least a dozen married guys tell me not to do it. I was just like, fuck you guys, you don't know what you're talking about. 10 years later...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
With the implicit expectations of men are still the primary provider, alimony laws, a quarter century of anecdotal data indicating 0% of marriages are happy, rising health care, education and living costs, I'm glad I'm going to permanently live in my man cave (mom's basement). The marriage narrative all my buds from work, college and the gym have fallen into, just feels like one giant existential bear trap to me.
Yeah, because there's nothing in between "unhappily married" and "living in mom's basement."

Grumpus_sl said:
This guy gets it. Its really really hard to explain everything that's at work here.
Meh, I would think that someone who truly "gets it" would say to themselves "man, getting involved with that kind of bullshit when you're a full on atheist is just going to lead to the relationship's failure eventually." But what do I know?

Seriously though, that's one aspect that I'm not quite sure the implications of. What will her JW family think of your religious views? You were born a JW correct? I would assume they're aware of that. How do you plan on dealing with that? Are they going to expect you in church every week? I don't really know much about JW's, to be honest. What's your girlfriend's views? Is she a true believe, atheist, or somewhere in between? I'm genuinely curious about the dynamics of how that will all fit together.

I'm probably going to be meeting my girlfriend's dad tonight, who is in his 50's, and his second wife who is the same age as my girlfriend (25-26). They're JW's. Should be interesting. Thankfully my girlfriend has already reconciled within herself that I'm probably going to think her dad's an idiot. "Your dad sounds.... interesting." "Yeah, you're really not going to like him."

Khane

Meh, I would think that someone who truly "gets it" would say to themselves "man, getting involved with that kind of bullshit when you're a full on atheist is just going to lead to the relationship's failure eventually."

But what do I know?
Forget about all that "compatability" stuff... this dude is about to marry a fucking 19 year old he started dating 6 months ago because she sat at a table while he nerdgasmed over some figurines and has a bigger video game library than he does. She's the one for sure!!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Forget about all that "compatability" stuff... this dude is about to marry a fucking 19 year old he started dating 6 months ago because she sat at a table while he nerdgasmed over some figurines and has a bigger video game library than he does. She's the one for sure!!
not to pile on, but you forgot about the road head which is sure to continue unabated for decades

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
WTF is that supposed to mean? Can men choose a woman over family or is it only women that aren't allowed to break free?

Also, in case you missed it, she isn't choosing him over her family. She is choosing to have both.
Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I thought he said they are going to end up eloping and her family will probably abandon her. That's what I'm talking about when I say women shouldn't choose a man over their family. A man should understand this as well and not willingly go down that path which will likely end badly for the man.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Marrying a 19 year old female? Are you nuts? GG. Might work if she was some na?ve sheltered religious chick that didn't (and will never) know any better, but based on the fact that she's into sci-fi and video games, it's obvious she's not the type that has been trained to wear doily necked dresses, a bonnet, and derive great joy from doing laundry for 10+ kids. She'll hit 25 or so and most likely wake up to the real world and realize getting chained down at 19 was a horrible idea.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
To Grumpus, you and her are both members of what is essentially a cult. Just drink the koolaide (no offense meant to jugs) at the next gathering, you will both be better off.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Grumpus, you are violating the creepy threshold. (28 / 2) + 7 = 21, she's 19. It's science.

rrr_img_43808.png

Life is about choices, isn't it? You can make any choice you want, as long as you are willing to live with the outcomes. To any stranger, it will sound like you are making an extremely bad choice here. If your close friends are telling you the same thing, take a step back and consider your choice carefully.

Whatever you decide, I hope it goes well for you.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Grumpus gotta be trollin, no way my Wakandan goin down like that to settle on the first piece of clam that wraps around his dick

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't care about it that much honestly. I came into the divorce thread, what did I expect? It got to me in the beginning only when people were posting that shit in every thread on the forum like they were following me around.

Marriage is good so far. I guess we'll see though. Even I wouldn't make this mistake.. writing is on the wall.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Grumpus is definitely in a long-shot scenario. The engineer in me would never let that kind of shit happen.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Wanting to marry a 19 year old who basically has absolutely ZERO life experience. She's been sheltered by her overbearing JW parents, probably didn't leave home to go to college or anything of that sort.

Everyone I know who married a girl who went straight from daddys home, to husbands home, ended BADLY. It's going to go 1 of 2 ways. She either becomes a baby factory and wants to have half a dozen kids and won't be happy if you try to stop her at 1 or 2, or once she gets out from under her parents rule she gets a taste of what life is really supposed to be like and goes wild. Either scenario is a shitty situation in my opinion.

Don't even think of marrying a woman who has no education and has only ever lived with her parents. Bad, bad, badbadbad

Khane

Wanting to marry a 19 year old who basically has absolutely ZERO life experience. She's been sheltered by her overbearing JW parents, probably didn't leave home to go to college or anything of that sort.

Everyone I know who married a girl who went straight from daddys home, to husbands home, ended BADLY. It's going to go 1 of 2 ways. She either becomes a baby factory and wants to have half a dozen kids and won't be happy if you try to stop her at 1 or 2, or once she gets out from under her parents rule she gets a taste of what life is really supposed to be like and goes wild. Either scenario is a shitty situation in my opinion.

Don't even think of marrying a woman who has no education and has only ever lived with her parents. Bad, bad, badbadbad
But she plays video games bro! That's like an Asian with green eyes. That's an extra to these people. It's like leather bucket seats, it's double the price.