NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jordan didn't do it because they built a team around him. Kobe threatened to do it prior to them getting Pau, or are you intentionally neglecting that? Duncan is Duncan and he had Pop. You think LeBron leaves if he has Pop? C'mon.
And Lebron has done the same bitching this season, even though the Cavs have had the highest payroll the last 3 years. They built a super team around Lebron in Miami, and he bolted anyway. He could have stayed in Cleveland the entire time and still worked toward building a team. Stop making excuses for your boy.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Tonight is what I was talking about with Westbrook though, he scores 58 but they lose. That doesn't scream MVP to me really. Spurs game last night though where Kawhi shot the dagger 3 and then had the block on the other end, that shit screams MVP caliber season.

That's a weak argument, as most one game arguments are. Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls Box Score, April 16, 1987 | Basketball-Reference.com Michael Jordan scores 61 and loses. Notice how shitty that Bulls team was outside of him?

Who's the second best player on the Thunder? Oladipo? Kanter? You can't even play Kanter the full game despite being a great offensive talent because he's utter trash defensively. Andre Roberson is playing 31 minutes a game. While he's solid defensively he's an offensive black hole, the opposite of Kanter. They could get away with it when they had Durant but not now.

I mean, shit, I don't know if Westbrook should even be considered for MVP, but the team around him is not very good. Westbrook and Durant had long elevated the rest of the team.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If LBJ had Pop he would find some way to get him fired because Pop wouldn't put up with his shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Who's the second best player on the Thunder? Oladipo? Kanter?

Stephen Adams easily. The one guy on OKC i'd love to have. Doesn't get as many easy buckets as Kanter but he's just as efficient offensively and pretty good on D. Oladipo is garbage.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ths Boston @ GS game is exciting. Boston might pull this one out, upp 11 in the 4th.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Warriors need to figure some shit out. KD going out coinciding with dual slumps from Curry and Thompson is ill timing. Spurs game on Saturday is huge.

Sterling

El Presidente
Warriors need to figure some shit out. KD going out coinciding with dual slumps from Curry and Thompson is ill timing. Spurs game on Saturday is huge.
Spurs on quite a roll right now too. Also 50 wins now for the 18th season in a row.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Spurs keep teasing with near-losses and then winning in the last minute. It sucks. I don't know how you go down 28 in the first half at home to the Kings, but to do so and then come back without Kawhi and LA... why can't they just lose?

Saturday is going to go a long way towards determining #1 seed. If the Spurs win they may tie the Dubs in the loss column on that day, but they assure they have the head to head tiebreaker. Spurs are going to be pretty well rested going into that game, Dubs are going to be worn out. Last night's game was the worst POS scheduling of a home game. Coming off a 5-game east coast road trip, they fly in to play at home for one game after which they have to leave right away to play back to back at Minny then SA. Garbage.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If LBJ had Pop he would find some way to get him fired because Pop wouldn't put up with his shit.
On the flip side if LBJ had Pop he might not pull any "shit" because he has Pop. The distaste for LBJ from this community is comical.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
With all these injuries and the Celtics looking tough, maybe the NBA might be competitive again.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile

Pop loved coaching LeBron on the USA squad and LeBron loved playing for him.

• 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The real irony is that if LBJ took his talents to GS Alex Alex would be slobbering all over LBJ's Knob.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You can find mad posts of mine in every NBA thread about how he could up end the GOAT. Doesn't change the fact that he's a stubborn, arrogant drama queen. I have a ton of respect for LBJ. But he can be a little bitch. There's no denying this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Pop loved coaching LeBron on the USA squad and LeBron loved playing for him.
Coaching him for a short period of time is not at all the same as running a franchise for years.

You can find mad posts of mine in every NBA thread about how he could up end the GOAT. Doesn't change the fact that he's a stubborn, arrogant drama queen. I have a ton of respect for LBJ. But he can be a little bitch. There's no denying this.
So much this

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's not a stretch to say that a Lebron/Pop partnership would work well. Pop's system (passing, ball movement, team basketball) is a perfect fit for the way Lebron likes to play. He's always been more Magic than Jordan. It's possible he could get bitchy in typical LBJ fashion but I just don't see it if they do the type of winning that Pop's teams have done over the past 15 years.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
The LBJ disdain is real. Even I'm not a huge fan him as a person. You can't deny his greatness, though. When he's done playing people will argue against him being the GOAT just because of his attitude and that's dumb.

On a side note I can't even watch the Cavs right now, they're playing terrible.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
When he's done playing people will argue against him being the GOAT just because of his attitude.

Or the fact that MJ was, just simply, a better player.

Ps. Larry Sanders about to sign with the Cavs.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Or the fact that MJ was, just simply, a better player.

Lebron is going to finish in the top 5 for points and assists. MJ isn't even in the top 25 for assists. In fact, Lebron will be the only player EVER in that category. Lebron is just as clutch as Jordan, so that argument is moot. Sure Michael was a better leader on the floor, but I think points are more important

The stats don't lie man.

68694218.jpg

• 1Cutler

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Do you know who won a championship while staying on the same team his whole career and had no All-Star team mates the year they won it? Oh and he also only had team mates with 6 All-Star appearances combined his whole career.

Also he scored 30k points. #GhostFaceDrillah

• 1Like