NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Lebron is going to finish in the top 5 for points and assists. MJ isn't even in the top 25 for assists. In fact, Lebron will be the only player EVER in that category. Lebron is just as clutch as Jordan, so that argument is moot. Sure Michael was a better leader on the floor, but I think points are more important

The stats don't lie man.

View attachment 125559

Lol... "Not even top 5 in assists". Yeah because Jordan was busy being even more efficient while scoring, you know the most important part of basketball. Or also being Defensive Player of the Year. Or having the better PER. In a lower scoring league, still blowing "stats" out of the water. Creating a brand of athletic domination that American Sports, or sports in general has ever seen. MJ wasn't two miracles (Spurs epic collapse & the Draymond suspension) away from only having one title, or having to bounce around teams to compete in titles.

I would not classify myself as a "LeBron hater" at all. The guy is sensational... But he is not Jordan, and I believe he knows that by past comments. I think LBJ has a great chance to make headway at that #2 spot, when just a year or so ago I didn't think he had a huge chance of passing some of the all-time big men.

Triple-doubles are overrated, or given too much credit without looking at the context of a game. Jordan showed numerous times he could step on the court at any given time and average triple doubles. But like I said, he was too busy dropping 40 night in and night out while shooting incredibly efficiently from the field.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
From that video I learned that Michael's Hype song was...

Not really sure how I feel about that:confused:

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Statistically LeBron is better. Jordan is a better winner though, no argument there.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Kerr is sitting Klay, Steph, Andre, and Green for the Spurs game tomorrow. Ballsy move.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Lol... "Not even top 5 in assists".

He averages around 500 assist per season. So if he plays another 6 years, which would take him to 38 years old, he could end up Top 5. He is at 7,328 now and with another 3,008 he would end up 3rd all time. That would require him to play at the same level he is at now, which obviously would create doubt, but if anyone could do it...it would be LBJ.

EDIT: now* not know

Last edited:

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Taking nothing away from Michael's talent I think this has played a huge role in his lasting legacy

air-jordan-I-shoe-01.jpg

The man was marketed like no other player up to that point. Mediocre players don't sell products.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lol... "Not even top 5 in assists". Yeah because Jordan was busy being even more efficient while scoring, you know the most important part of basketball. Or also being Defensive Player of the Year. Or having the better PER. In a lower scoring league, still blowing "stats" out of the water. Creating a brand of athletic domination that American Sports, or sports in general has ever seen. MJ wasn't two miracles (Spurs epic collapse & the Draymond suspension) away from only having one title, or having to bounce around teams to compete in titles.

I would not classify myself as a "LeBron hater" at all. The guy is sensational... But he is not Jordan, and I believe he knows that by past comments. I think LBJ has a great chance to make headway at that #2 spot, when just a year or so ago I didn't think he had a huge chance of passing some of the all-time big men.

Triple-doubles are overrated, or given too much credit without looking at the context of a game. Jordan showed numerous times he could step on the court at any given time and average triple doubles. But like I said, he was too busy dropping 40 night in and night out while shooting incredibly efficiently from the field.

In terms of just scoring, it's hard to say Jordan was definitively more efficient. PER includes more than just shooting. Career true shooting % has Jordan at .5686 and Lebron at .5831. I think some people forget just how high a percentage Lebron shot in his Miami years, or how reluctant MJ was to shoot threes. I'm not saying that's the end all of stats (tons of big men who can't create their own offense have high TS%), but it matters some. But I think there is a good argument for era having a huge effect. It was a lot easier to bully a player defensively in MJ's days. Three point shooting wasn't emphasized as much. The league didn't have the defensive three second rule, either.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
David Robinson didn't even get enough love during his career. It's not that people forgot...he was never really given the respect he deserved.

Anyway, LeBron is pretty much locked in as 4th on my personal list of all-time greats. I don't know that there's much he can do to change that spot at this point. I don't get upset when anyone mentions any of those 4 as the best ever though. They're all in the same tier and it comes down to flavor and personal preference.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Jordan never had to lobby to the media and league to have his nemesis suspended in order turn a series he was otherwise going to lose. Lebitch is not Legoat. As was already mentioned, if the guy doesn't get a couple very lucky breaks he's 1-5 in the finals to this point. The only finals series he's won without needing a major break was against an absurdly young Thunder team.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Kerr is sitting Klay, Steph, Andre, and Green for the Spurs game tomorrow. Ballsy move.
Not really Ballsy. Basically he figured they were going to lose no matter what because...

A) they are in a funk wince they lost KD
B) the travel has fatigued them
C) kind of a fuck you to Pop & SA because he sits his stars on the road all the time.

Smart yes, Ballsy no.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Not really Ballsy. Basically he figured they were going to lose no matter what because...

A) they are in a funk wince they lost KD
B) the travel has fatigued them
C) kind of a fuck you to Pop & SA because he sits his stars on the road all the time.

Smart yes, Ballsy no.
Spurs sitting almost all their starters too. No fucks given by anyone for a televised game.

• 1Solidarity

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Jordan never had to lobby to the media and league to have his nemesis suspended in order turn a series he was otherwise going to lose. Lebitch is not Legoat. As was already mentioned, if the guy doesn't get a couple very lucky breaks he's 1-5 in the finals to this point. The only finals series he's won without needing a major break was against an absurdly young Thunder team.

We could talk about all the shit Jordan did have instead. Like Pippen, Phil, Rodman and some insanely good roleplayers.

LeBron lost one legit finals he should have one and that was the Dallas finals. 07 he was a kid against a dynasty, the Spurs rematch the Spurs were amazing Dwade scrubbed it up not much he could do, same goes with the first Warriors finals where it was him and scrubs against an amazing team.

As for crying about Green getting suspended maybe Green shouldn't be such a cheap dirty bastard. Not to mention he missed game 5 only, not 5, 6 and 7 which the Warriors lost.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
PER is like NFL's QBR (NOT passer rating). It's just a made up stat by ESPN who then forced it down people's throats.

It really shouldn't be used as the basis of any argument

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Parsons tore up his knee again. Giving Barnes the max after Parsons opted out of his Mavs deal is looking better and better.

• 1Like