NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

joz123

Potato del Grande
Rockets have better offense than Spurs. Don't see Spurs making it out of this round unless they shut down Harden completely at least.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Good games tonight. Celtics are screwed if Isaiah Thomas has to score 40+ for them to win.

Sterling

El Presidente
Spurs did some work. Kawhi 13/16, Harden 3/17 seems good. The Parker thing is worrying though.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Cavs coming on when it matters most. Looked pretty dominating so far.

Edit: Crazy that Lebron is already #2 in playoff points. By the end of his career he is going to be so far ahead of everyone for #1, that I don't see how it ever gets broken

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Also took him a lot more games to even be on Jordans heels for the record.

• 1Solidarity

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Also took him a lot more games to even be on Jordans heels for the record.

True. 205 so far vs 179 for MJ. Main reason being MJ didn't get to, or play many games, in the beginning of his career. Had a few first round exits, some second round exits, etc. He also played 3 seasons in Washington, got ousted by Orlando wearing number 45 and his suspension from the NBA for gambling that he spent playing baseball.

So all in all. Hard to blame LeBron for playing more playoff games in one less season.

Jordan isn't even sniffing LeBron's assist and rebound numbers though. LeBron is also the only wing in the top 20 for blocks.

LeBron has a good fucking chance of being in the top 5 all time for points and assists as a small forward. That's regular season. I believe he'll own the points and assists records in the post season.

I also always laugh at the number of games thing. Number of games means the guy is always in the playoffs, playing well and going deep into the rounds does it not? How is that a bad thing lol. Jordan's numbers would've been better if he didn't flounder in the playoffs prior to Pippen's arrival and/or waste those seasons in Washington doing nothing.

Jordan is the GOAT, no argument. 6 for 6 in the Finals? Hard to argue.

LeBron however is right there, right fucking there, lol, and he still has at least a few years left of dominating if I had to guess. While he may never get 3 more rings every single other comparison should end in his favor outside of scoring, and that's only because he doesn't want the scoring titles. If he did he'd have them imo.

LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan Comparison

Last edited:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
After I posted that I wanted to come back and edit that it's still a great accomplishment none the less. Like someone said earlier, when he's done that record is probably going to be untouchable.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
No BS though, and even as a huge LeBron nut swinger, I think it's awesome to see the greatest player probably going against the greatest team. The one thing Jordan's run lacked, imo, was any real threat to Chicago's dominance. They were the 72 win, back to back champs WITH Jordan. Meanwhile LeBron is on a good Cavs team but first he went up against a 73 win MVP having team and beat them and if it's another rematch this year he'll have to go against them again with an added MVP caliber talent. That's crazy.

I was thinking about it the other day, how many of his Finals do you think his team would've been considered the favorite. 07? No. 11 I'd say yes? 12 Yes? 13? Maybe yes? 14 No? 15? Hell no. 16? Fuck no. 17? If it's GSW again I'd say no. So while he is 3-4 he was only the favorite what 3 times. So outside of the Dallas Finals he's actually beating the curve. (Dallas was, is and forever will be unexcusable for LeBron.)

MJ's Bulls went to the Finals as the favorites everytime and expected to win. Jordan still won 6, against some good teams too, but it still isn't as cool of a storyline imo.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Totally agree. I don't know if you realized Jordan retired for 2 seasons, took 3 seasons off and then played for a terrible Wizards squad. All of which probably affect his amount of playoff games played as much, if not more than the format changing in 02.

Also LeBron has been sweeping the fuck out of the first round for like 6 or 7 years now, it's about an extra game per year there.

I'd say more of it is MJ never playing a game 7 and all the time he took off.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Jordan didn't make a "decision" and pussy out to join the Celtics/Detroit when he needed to get over the hump.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users