NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Another important stat* not being mentioned here, Jordan did it with less HGH help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Jordan didn't make a "decision" and pussy out to join the Celtics/Detroit when he needed to get over the hump.

Granted. LeBron didn't do that either. He never lost to the Heat in the playoffs.

Durant? Dude lost to the Warriors in the WCF then joined them.

Weaksauce.

Proof of LeBron abusing HGH and roids or...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
No BS though, and even as a huge LeBron nut swinger, I think it's awesome to see the greatest player probably going against the greatest team. The one thing Jordan's run lacked, imo, was any real threat to Chicago's dominance. They were the 72 win, back to back champs WITH Jordan. Meanwhile LeBron is on a good Cavs team but first he went up against a 73 win MVP having team and beat them and if it's another rematch this year he'll have to go against them again with an added MVP caliber talent. That's crazy.

I was thinking about it the other day, how many of his Finals do you think his team would've been considered the favorite. 07? No. 11 I'd say yes? 12 Yes? 13? Maybe yes? 14 No? 15? Hell no. 16? Fuck no. 17? If it's GSW again I'd say no. So while he is 3-4 he was only the favorite what 3 times. So outside of the Dallas Finals he's actually beating the curve. (Dallas was, is and forever will be unexcusable for LeBron.)

MJ's Bulls went to the Finals as the favorites everytime and expected to win. Jordan still won 6, against some good teams too, but it still isn't as cool of a storyline imo.

Agreed with this, it's also why Dallas' championship in 2011 is the greatest NBA championship in 20 years. A team of also rans, retirees, and a "weak" superstar beat a super team, and a team with the NBA's 2nd or 3rd greatest player ever in his prime.

Dallas GOAT championship confirmed.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This is why Gaige can't be taken seriously.
Anyone that openly admits to only cheering for one player, no matter where they go, can't be taken seriously. It is the single most obnoxious thing I have ever heard of.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What is obnoxious is the hate LeBron gets no matter what he does.
I admire him for what he is, and definitely don't hate him. I do however actively cheer against him because he is a whining baby.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Jordan didn't make a "decision" and pussy out to join the Celtics/Detroit when he needed to get over the hump.

Yep and he played 3 years of college ball which LBJ never sniffed. Jordan dealt with being on a shitty team and finally getting over the hump and dominating. Lebron ran to a team with two other all-stars and was the second and younger power team formed after Boston. Shit, the guy is on a loaded as fuck team now. The complaints are that other teams aren't supposed to do that too! How dare them make it hard for Mr 3-4.

I'm not saying LJB isn't near the top but the top has one king and he isn't LBJ. I can't even imagine Jordan in this era of easy foul calls and shitty defense.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What is obnoxious is the hate LeBron gets no matter what he does.

Then stop comparing him to Jordan. There is Jordan, then there is everybody else. Lebron and Koby closed the gap, but there is still a gap.

My "hate" comes from the whining really. My god, he acts like a baby when he doesn't get his expected superstar call.

All that being said. He is still the best player on the planet. Curry passed him last year briefly, but he took that title back with ease. Jordan's era. No one even came close to approaching Jordan. MAYBE Olajuwon when Jordan was smoking crack those couple years he was out the league...

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
When LeBron retires he will in every statistic outside of scoring titles and probably rings, be a better player than Jordan. Everything outside of that isn't factual it's opinion. The stats say LeBron is the better player in almost every measurable way.

Yep and he played 3 years of college ball which LBJ never sniffed. Jordan dealt with being on a shitty team and finally getting over the hump and dominating. Lebron ran to a team with two other all-stars and was the second and younger power team formed after Boston. Shit, the guy is on a loaded as fuck team now. The complaints are that other teams aren't supposed to do that too! How dare them make it hard for Mr 3-4.

I'm not saying LJB isn't near the top but the top has one king and he isn't LBJ. I can't even imagine Jordan in this era of easy foul calls and shitty defense.

Everyone played college back then. That's why its hard to compare eras. Anyway Jordan dealt with being on a shitty team until they got Pippen who ended up probably the second best player of the 90s era. That's dumb luck. LeBron floundered on shitty teams as well and never got his Pippen so he left to play with a close friend via free agency. Through the draft his home team got better and he went back, again in free agency.

If the Cavs are stacked what are the Warriors? The Cavs are two stars and roleplayers who LeBron makes better. The Warriors have two legit superstars, if not 3.

Leaving in free agency is what people do in this era. It started with Boston and if the KD going directly to the superstar 73 win team WHO BEAT HIM is any indication it probably won't stop. You know why? It's stupid not to do it. Russel Westbrook didn't and other than the triple double record what does he have to show for loyalty? A first round flame out.

I don't care if other teams do it, obviously. I care about the almost universal pass that KD got for not only doing the same thing, but doing it in a way more pussy way.

Also Brahma, your comment about Jordan is EXACTLY why what LeBron has done and is doing is even more impressive. Like you said no one was even close to his level back then, except Pippen.

LeBron is playing against and beating teams every bit as good as those Bulls, if record or stats is any indication.

What he did last year would've been like the Jazz beating that 72 win Bulls team in the Finals.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
When LeBron retires he will in every statistic outside of scoring titles and probably rings, be a better player than Jordan. Everything outside of that isn't factual it's opinion. The stats say LeBron is the better player in almost every measurable way.

When Manning retired, almost every stat was better than Montana's. Who was the better QB? Sometimes you just know who is just better man. Stats be damned.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
When Manning retired, almost every stat was better than Montana's. Who was the better QB? Sometimes you just know who is just better man. Stats be damned.

If you're going to ignore stats then I don't feel like any discussion about who is better than who is valid because at that point its emotional and too opinionated. Which is fine, but /shrug.

I'd say Brady is GOAT btw.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What we are stating is that stats don't matter when you go straight from high school to the NBA. Sure, it's a fucking accomplishment but he'll have 6-7 years on Jordan when he retires? He will also have far, FAR, FAR! better support than Jordan did. You make me laugh with the Pippen talk. He was probably top 5 as in #5. Kevin Love is better than any of the role players on any Jordan team. Guy was a rock star before he came to LBJs team. LBJ has been on stacked teams his entire career since he left Cleveland the first time. Big reason he's been to so many finals. He knows that too. Who pushes harder than LBJ to load up every year? He knows the truth. Warriors are going to make him 3-5.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If you're going to ignore stats then I don't feel like any discussion about who is better than who is valid because at that point its emotional and too opinionated. Which is fine, but /shrug.

I'd say Brady is GOAT btw.

I will ask. Who was better. Manning or Montana?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Manning is better in every measurable way except rings.

What we are stating is that stats don't matter when you go straight from high school to the NBA. Sure, it's a fucking accomplishment but he'll have 6-7 years on Jordan when he retires? He will also have far, FAR, FAR! better support than Jordan did. You make me laugh with the Pippen talk. He was probably top 5 as in #5. Kevin Love is better than any of the role players on any Jordan team. Guy was a rock star before he came to LBJs team. LBJ has been on stacked teams his entire career since he left Cleveland the first time. Big reason he's been to so many finals. He knows that too. Who pushes harder than LBJ to load up every year? He knows the truth. Warriors are going to make him 3-5.

That's silly. So Garnett's stats don't count? Do one and done player's stats count or not? Is 3 years enough because that's what Jordan played or are we going for the entire 4 year collegiate career?

What about guys who didn't take 2 years off to play baseball, retire for 3 years and then come out of retirement:? Do their stats not count either because they played more games than Jordan?

FAR FAR better support on LeBron's final teams is a fucking ridiculous joke right? His 07 team was trash. The Heat were good two years, decent one year and not good at all the last year. Wade was always hurt. The Cavs are good but they're molded to fit around LeBron, consisting of mostly veteran roleplayers. Is Thompson better than Rodman? Is Irving better than Pippen? Is Korver better than Kerr? Stop being insane.

Pippen was the legitimate second best player in the ENTIRE LEAGUE during that era. You realize he took the Bulls, minus Jordan to a game 7 against the eventual East champs right? LeBron left Cleveland (LeBron who, according to you always had the better supporting cast) and they fucking won like 20 games 4 years in a row. He left Miami and they barely made the playoffs. Meanwhile the teams he is on are looking to go to 7 straight Finals.

Warriors 100% should make him 3-5. I mean he did almost single handedly beat them year before last so maybe LeBron is just that good. If they lose again, with that loaded dual MVP superteam, it'd be even more embarrassing than getting 3-1'd last year. I hope to God they find a way to not shit the bed again, because if LeBron and the Cavs beat GSW again, then there is 100% no way ever that anyone could argue against him being the best player to ever play. Not without looking even more stupid than they do now. A lot of my argument hinges on Jordan being the best player on the best team playing as the favorite vs LeBron being the best player on teams that were almost never favored. So the fact that LeBron isn't undefeated in the Finals is because, especially the last two years, he might as well be playing this era's fucking Bulls team.

The lack of appreciation Pippen gets is almost as bad as the hate LeBron gets.

Pippen stood tall without Jordan in 1993-94 | Chicago Bulls

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Pippen did it for one year. Aren't you the stats guy? Warriors will make him 3-5. Then 3-6 and we can be done with this talk. Jordan did it in less time. LBJ will have one of the longest careers in basketball. Obviously, more games means more time to load up stats. LBJ was on one bad finals team. The rest were good. Sorry, won't let that bullshit excuse fly. Loaded Miami teams. Loaded Cavs teams the past 3 years. LOADED. They didn't make teams like that in the 90s