NHL 2016-17 Season

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone know of a river that is flowing fast and is showing the Nashville Predators game that is currently happening? My SR+ subscription on MMA-TV ran out yesterday and I don't currently have $10 in PayPal to renew it.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to lend me a hand!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone else watching this World Cup just loving the Ref cams?

NHL needs these ASAP!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Got McDavid in my Draft today. Was 4th pick, picked him Over Ovie..... (went Syd, Benn (wtf) Kaine, McDavid)
Also ended up with Eickle, and Matthews. I guess i am TNA this year. Got Holtby as my goaly as well!

How drunk were you when making that post? Sid, Kane, Eichel, and goalie for fuck's sake!

I don't know what stats count in your pool, but I don't know why you'd be surprised that Benn went in the top 3. He's been at or near the top of the league the last couple seasons for points, and he gets a fair number of PIMs as well. Last year he was the top rated player in my keeper league, ahead of 3 goalies and then Pavelski. Goalies are worth a shit ton in my league's format, though, and blocks and hits are also categories. It's just just pure scoring.

Anyone else watching this World Cup just loving the Ref cams?

NHL needs these ASAP!

They do get some pretty cool shots. I wouldn't want to watch the ref cam during actual play, but seeing highlights between whistles is pretty neat.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Reasonably Drunk. But I don't understand your top complaint with it beyond my surprise with Benn.

Our pool is 100% points Goalies is Wins and SO. 12 skaters and 1 goalie.
Goalies in my pool will net 50 or 60 points, we undervalue SO's IMO.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Went to the Oil game last night. Lawyer friend had his firm's box. I could get used to that shit. Tenderloin, salmon, crab cakes, Glenfiddich, and all the beer I could drink. I had such a huge erection watching McDavid repeatedly blow past the Jets D. He's so fucking fast it's incredible. And it's hilarious watching D scramble to skate backwards fast enough to try to head him off. Keeps reminding me of Marchant blowing past Grant Ledyard or whoever the fuck it was back in the day. Except McDavid has ungodly hands, too. At one point, I'm pretty sure he passed the puck off a Jets player's stick, back to himself. Intentionally. Like he fired it at the guy, who got his stick on it but couldn't quite handle it, and then McDavid was like "thanks" and blew right past him.

I was going to keep my blue tickets for the season opener next week, but then some dumbshit bought them on the ticket exchange for 4 times my cost. That buys a lot of false memories. I'll just pretend his first preseason game and goals at Rogers actually counted.

Haka

N00b
Canucks are going to be so bad. It's ironic that I may only be tuning into the games vs Edmonton to see how McDavid is doing. Otherwise I'll just be watching whatever game is good/whoever I have playing in my pool.

Calgary/Edmonton might have a decent rivalry again soon, albeit I don't think either will make the playoffs, but they could be 9/10 in the West.

I think Winnipeg is going to be good this year now that they finally waived Pavelec. That team has a stacked top 6 and top 4, maybe some depth issues, but with Hally in net I think they'll make some noise this year.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looking forward to the start of a new season, and I have no idea why.

Even if the Caps get the President's trophy again, they'll just shit it all away in the first or second round.

Not really a huge fan of starting the season with the Pens, either.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looking forward to the start of a new season, and I have no idea why.

Even if the Caps get the President's trophy again, they'll just shit it all away in the first or second round.

Not really a huge fan of starting the season with the Pens, either.

Regular season is just for Kuznetsov to get going again and to figure out the 3rd line. Also to see if guys like Orlov/Schmidt can give us more in the playoffs from the back end. Really I could care less where we finish, just get into the playoffs. Nothing the Caps do in the regular season is going to mean anything, it's all about getting past the 2nd round.

Fadaar

That guy
Lightning sign Kucherov for 3 years @ $4.76 mil a year. Yzerman is my goddamn hero, can the season start already?

Merrith

Lightning sign Kucherov for 3 years @ $4.76 mil a year. Yzerman is my goddamn hero, can the season start already?

Extremely team friendly. Although he is a RFA and still will be when this deal is up too. Still a very nice bridge deal by Stevie Y.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Syd bonked heads in practice, out with a concussion and wont be starting the season...

The Canucks are going to be so bad this year, lets hope Edmonton can do something interesting with all that talent so at least there is something to watch.

Merrith

Syd bonked heads in practice, out with a concussion and wont be starting the season...

The Canucks are going to be so bad this year, lets hope Edmonton can do something interesting with all that talent so at least there is something to watch.

Good fucking lord. Everyone spends a couple years treating him with kids gloves to avoid this and it happens in practice?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck, Austin Mathews has four goals in his first two periods in the NHL....

Edit: And the leafs still manage to lose, poor kid.

Last edited: